The Unknown Soldier

Discussion in 'Character Biographies' started by Clokr, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:12 AM.

1. Clokr

Clokr Electron

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Fear is poison in combat, something we all shared but never showed. It’s destructive, and poisonous.”
    [​IMG]
    Feb 12th, 1992
    19:30 BST
    Plymouth, United Kingdom

The rain fell silently, casting a slight fog over the now quiet town. It’s inhabitants all hunkered away for the evening. Only the idle sound of passing automobiles remain in the streets.
    “I can’t fucking believe you! After all we’ve been through! After all we’ve done for each other! You want to go BACK?!”

A voice... No, a woman’s voice. Shrill, and clearly upset. So emotionally torn, the very vocals sound as someone must be dragging the bow of a violin across its strings.
    “I can’t explain it god dammit! It’s.. It’s like a drug! I have no control anymore!”
    Another.. A males this time. That voice sounding as if it were soaked in a vat of bourbon, left in the smokehouse for years. And then taken outside, and ran over.
    “This isn’t the Nick I fell in love with! This isn’t the man who saved my ass! All I see is a coward! Do you have any idea how I felt pulling you off that damn cross?!”

“Don’t even fuckin’ start ‘Mona! The fuck ever happened to ‘I’ll follow you to hell and back, till death do us part’?! Your words , not mine!”
    “I can’t! I can’t fucking go back there god dammit! I don’t care anymore! If you still have any bit of sanity left you’d go try to find some real help! I want to live again! I want children! I want to grow old with YOU, Nicholas!”

“Fuck it! If you hate me that god damn much, I’ll just fucking leave! Okay?! You win!”
    “I knew it! You’re just a coward! We’re done Nick! Get your shit and leave! I don’t ever want to see your ass around here again!”

A door. Shut hard with extreme force. Many folks nearby have now tuned in to hear and witness the ruckus. Only to see a man. Carrying a large, military rucksack. Limping down the street.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. rams

rams `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    fucking shithole

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Clokr

Clokr Electron

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    September 13th, 1990
    14:45 CET
    Vienna, Austria

The all dulling smell of cheap beer, tobacco, and MREs clung to the walls like mold. And the smoke from a cigarette hung low along the ceiling. It hasn’t been very long now that these foreign invaders have stuck their talons into this city in the name of “freedom.” But the bitter taste of combat is not new to them. Having been there, and done that before. This is just another Tuesday on the job.

At a table, as alone as ever. Sat a new arrival to this unit. Though he may be green in Vienna, this man certainly isn’t green to combat.
    “Fuckin’ paperwork. If I had wanted to be an author I would’ve went to fuckin’ school. Or joined logistical.”

The soft crackling of tobacco being turnt to ash fills the empty room. While Elvis continued to beat softly from a nearby radio. Just before the assignment was to get good. A gentle knocking came from the door.
    “Enter.”

The man was one of few words when faced with social interactions. His face scrunched tightly up as he took another long, heavy drag from his cigarette. Gazing up at the figure who entered. Before being greated by a flying packet of Marlboro cigarettes.
    “You don’t gotta throw ‘em. Handin’ them will work too.”

“You seemed you were running a bit dry Sergeant Chimney.”
    The man didn’t seem very enlightened by the joke from this woman who stood before him. A lithe build, black hair, green eyes. And a uniform that definitely does not belong to her. Setting that packet of cigarettes to the side. He snuffed his current one out in the ashtray beside the mountain of papers to his right.
    “Right... Anyway, might as well make eqch other known while you’re here. I’m Nicholas Miller. New acting 2IC for the local window lickers you call NJSOC.”

“Sergeant First Class, Ramona Underhill. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Nicholas.”
    The woman gave a curt nod, and a genuine looking smile. Stepping forward. The two of them gripped hands to great themselves officially. Meanwhile, the man looked like he could pass out any moment from fatigue.

“Yeah, likewise. Now if you’ll excuse me. I need to submit this shit before HQ has me by the balls.”

The woman nods. Turning around swiftly 180 degrees on her heels. She steps out of the room. Shutting the door behind her.
    “Why did I fucking agree to this shit... I wish someone would hurry up and shoot me already.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice