The Walking Dead

Calamari

You're a kid now, you're a squid now
Nebulae
source.gif

The Walking Dead

Open discussion to all, any time any season. Season 8 is off to a good start.

Beware spoilers, you've been forewarned.

Reactions: List

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
got stuck at season 5 or was it 6 because it got way too boring and the flawed logic of the show ruined it for me

is it worth picking up again

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
got stuck at season 5 or was it 6 because it got way too boring and the flawed logic of the show ruined it for me

Tbh I'd watch it just for Negan, who is 100% the best character in the show. It's really ramped up into 'people vs people' with zombies being the backdrop (as most zombie fiction does cause it's better long term).

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
the focus shifted from the apocalypse to the societal ramifications of it on various groups as they grow and shrink and travel and eventually hunker down

it turned into a drama, which is a hot thing as always - most didn't want that

edit most as in most of the fans at the time of s1 I think or not not most bad use of word just some yes edit

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
i stopped watching around the time tyreese died, remember him being bitten and hallucinating and all that
i think i watched a few more episodes after that but not many

Calamari

You're a kid now, you're a squid now
Nebulae
Negan is indeed an astounding character. Might be worth picking up. I don't deny seasons 5 and were slow, but 7 and now 8 have definitely picked up

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Tbh I was slow to pick up S7 after that S6 ending. I watched the first half of S7 and just got bored. The show doesn't do it for me anymore.

Lukemia

Quark
Nebulae

No its only got downhill, after how trash the first episode was of this season even im gonna stop watching it after hoping for twd to get better for 2 seasons

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I still follow the show but I really hate the episodes where they focus on minor characters for like the whole damn episode, making it look like a filler.
They tend to drag on and on on some episodes in season 7 but I believe it's a bit better than that horrible season 2. The starting of season 8 wasn't bad but it wasn't exactly eye opening like season 7 opening (see what I did thar HAH) but here's hoping it gets better.

Some characters are just iconic but imo, season 1 and season 3 were the best. Season 2 was dumb considering they spent the whole time searching for that girl.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
I miss the point where the dead was the main issue. Season 1 remains my favourite season.

CuzImWeenie

Proton
Nebulae
I honestly think that the way Morales was introduced and killed was really funny, From the end of the second episode people thought he was introduced as if he was going to play a big part in the season, But the way he was killed off so easily in the third episode completely denied it, I found that hilarious.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
The first seasons were interesting to watch, especially the fifth episode of the first season where the survivors entered CDC Lab. just to realise that there's no escape, but death. Which was probably my favorite episode. Afterwards the show just got boring and REALLY repetitive.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
Been banking on him to come back since he left in season 1 so i jumped out of my seat when I saw him.
You must be really disappointed aren't you haha with opening of 3rd episode

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
You must be really disappointed aren't you haha with opening of 3rd episode
Nah thought it was fitting tbh, we didn't know Morales really so had no connection to him. I was fine with his death.
The only problem with episode 3 is
eric dying
we've barely had any memorable interaction with him but are now supposed to care about him? No, that's the problem, assuming we care.