Serious The way people are acting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
I have been thinking of making this post for a while now and I have thought over this post massively. I have taken an Extender break from nebulous and when I return all I am getting is abuse from players, taken the piss out of, kicked out of channels just because I entered among other things. The way some of the community members/staff are acting is completely disgusting. Everyone seems to think I am a minge,troll etc (You know who you are) and is not allowing me into any faction for things which have happend in LP (One faction over 2 years ago) The fact that I have matured and finally noticed the way people are treating me has made me write this post.

Look I perfectly understand if you wish to have banter etc but when it gets to the point that a staff member has set my TS desc to "Just mute me" Is absolutely disrespectful and unprofessional. I perfectly understand I was a bit of a idiot when I was younger but everyone needs to understand that my behaviour and maturity has improved drastically and I want people to treat me my own age and not like I am 10.
Sorry for long post enjoy your day

HumanRev

Some idiot who erps with Flippy and Subeh
Nebulae
I can't talk much about TS or stuff, but if you wanna be accepted for factions IG, be active ig on civilians. Show your roleplay standard etc. Rn you occasionally apply for HL2RP factions yet never actually come Ig. Even when you ARE accepted like on UC.

Reactions: List

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
I can't talk much about TS or stuff, but if you wanna be accepted for factions IG, be active ig on civilians. Show your roleplay standard etc. Rn you occasionally apply for HL2RP factions yet never actually come Ig. Even when you ARE accepted like on UC.
Thanks for the feedback human Rev. I stopped enjoying nebulous when all the shit happend however I am planning to get more active.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sorry for long post enjoy your day

It wasn't long at all.

In all honesty, this is why you don't meme yourself. For example, @karl-police is going down a similar path right now, and people are egging him on even when I can't understand half the shit he says, and the other half is him not understanding what anyone else is saying.

I was in a similar situation to you previously, back in early Nebulous I was pretty much hated by everyone, and my only way of staying relevant was to post more, not post better, which is why I have over 7,000 posts. If I remember correctly I actually PM'd @Blackquill telling him this and he basically said to wise the fuck up and think before posting.

My advice is this: Don't be yourself. My IRL persona and my Forum persona are entirely different people, and while I may have strong opinions on some controversial topics, I may outright lie on the forums in order to not get shat on, because reputation is important within a community. Be an exaggeration of yourself, like a Youtuber would.

Get an actually responsible staff member to change your TS description, report admins that kick/ban you for no reason. You have the power to stop this yourself.

Subleader

Proton
Nebulae
Of what I saw on the forum and in game, yeah, some players are acting really with toxicity and insulting peoples for nothing, if they don't like someone OOCly they will don't like him ICly. This is the part of Internet, players like this are not the same IRL, you can't really do something about or just tell to their mom to more educate them, Internet is full of shitty players and Nebulous has some of them even some staff members...

Otherwise can't have a statement on teamspeak since I'm not going a lot of time on it.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I mean, lemme let you in on a lil secret. Don't let people meme your reputation to death. Seriously.

As for other personality stuff. It really depends.
From my point of view, people seem to enjoy the more real, personal and down to earth guy I am when peeps talk to me on Steam (as many can testify to) so I've tried removing my forum persona in exchange for more of that, the real me. Doesn't work for everyone but hey, I'd like to imagine it does.

E: As for general toxicity, personally I've just come to accept that it's there and try to ignore it and keep on as I always do. No point in trying to fight it or even caring about it. After enough ignoring you just grow a shell towards it.

Nebulae
My advice is this: Don't be yourself. My IRL persona and my Forum persona are entirely different people, and while I may have strong opinions on some controversial topics, I may outright lie on the forums in order to not get shat on, because reputation is important within a community. Be an exaggeration of yourself, like a Youtuber would.

Fuck that man.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive, but my belief is that every person should defend their opinion until proven otherwise with sufficient evidence. Staying strong, but also open-minded will make you a wonderful, confident individual . How so? Because people will value your ability to defend your beliefs, unshaken by circumstances.
  • As an example, look at the past candidates: Hilary Vs Bernie. People kept calling Hilary out on her bullshit policy-changing whenever it seemed to fit her agenda(ex:Anti-gay to pro LGBTQ cause suddenly it was on a rise). Bernie, on the other hand, was praised for staying anti-war since decades before. Conclusion:It might work for a while, but when people see through your masquerade you'll be a disgrace.

I understand the context is "For the forum persona", but that's another thing. If your purpose is to gain some strangers respect on the internet, you should obviously always hide away from controversial topics, or even go as far as lying(How shallow that mightn't be). That's how managers do it IRL. But if you want genuine respect, then first of all respect yourself and don't do the shit above. Speak your mind, learn to form opinions, stay open minded. But most importantly, BE YOURSELF.
It might be scary, people might not agree with you all the times, but there's nothing wrong about that, it's only natural. If you want to argue with someone, be prepared. Never go into unknown territory or you'll make yourself a fool.

@Finlay3110 I know what you're going through, I've been there. Be yourself post as usually, and report any fucker that think's he's a comedian. Best of luck & cheers

Last edited:

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Fuck that man.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive, but my belief is that every person should defend their opinion until proven otherwise with sufficient evidence. Staying strong, but also open-minded will make you a wonderful, confident individual @Finlay3110 . How so? Because people will value your ability to defend your beliefs, unshaken by circumstances.
  • As an example, look at the past candidates: Hilary Vs Bernie. People kept calling Hilary out on her bullshit policy-changing whenever it seemed to fit her agenda(ex:Anti-gay to pro LGBTQ cause suddenly it was on a rise). Bernie, on the other hand, was praised for staying anti-war since decades before. Conclusion:It might work for a while, but when people see through your masquerade you'll be a disgrace.

I understand the context is "For the forum persona", but that's another thing. If your purpose is to gain some strangers respect on the internet, you should obviously always hide away from controversial topics, or even go as far as lying(How shallow that mightn't be). That's how managers do it IRL. But if you want genuine respect, then first of all respect yourself and don't do the shit above. Speak your mind, learn to form opinions, stay open minded. But most importantly, BE YOURSELF.
It might be scary, people might not agree with you all the times, but there's nothing wrong about that, it's only natural. If you want to argue with someone, be prepared. Never go into unknown territory or you'll make yourself a fool.

@Finlay3110 I know what you're going through, I've been there. Be yourself post as usually, and report any fucker that think's he's a comedian. Best of luck & cheers
Preach it boy

Self-confidence, thick skin and not bending the knee to what other people think (unless you're being a dick from the start) is like the optimal way to be.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fuck that man.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive, but my belief is that every person should defend their opinion until proven otherwise with sufficient evidence. Staying strong, but also open-minded will make you a wonderful, confident individual @Finlay3110 . How so? Because people will value your ability to defend your beliefs, unshaken by circumstances.

Being myself got me banned a couple times, so I can't say the effectiveness of it.

Nebulae
Being myself got me banned a couple times, so I can't say the effectiveness of it.
Because being yourself doesn't mean to never change over time. Change is the neccesity of improvement

I have no context of how you got banned, for all I know you were a minge/bit of an ass. But if you're still an ass and just acting nice, then that's just dumb.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I mean

I told you to knock it off primarily because you were making comments that not only were really inappropriate but kind of disturbing. I'd describe finlay or how he sometimes can be as a bit random and silly.

But no people shouldn't 'create a persona' or any of that bollocks, to me it's not hard to distinguish when to say something and when not to say it depending on context and situational tone.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean

I told you to knock it off primarily because you were making comments that not only were really inappropriate but kind of disturbing. I'd describe finlay or how he sometimes can be as a bit random and silly.

But no people shouldn't 'create a persona' or any of that bollocks, to me it's not hard to distinguish when to say something and when not to say it depending on context and situational tone.

I'm fine with what I've currently got going on.

I can understand why people disagree with me, though. It's just that the real me is a complete and utter cunt and I don't want to expose anyone to that.

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
Not gonna lie, but as soon as you join a channel either
A. You talk over everyone and don't let people speak, or
B. You annoy the piss out of several people in the channel.
Finlay, on the other hand however, may be annoying at times, but if he is, he isn't doing it on pure purpose.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not gonna lie, but as soon as you join a channel either
A. You talk over everyone and don't let people speak, or
B. You annoy the piss out of several people in the channel.
Finlay, on the other hand however, may be annoying at times, but if he is, he isn't doing it on pure purpose.

Actually it's

A. Sing

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
Finlay, on the other hand howeve, may be annoying at times, but if he is, he isn't doing it on pure purpose.
Thanks for making that clear. I will admit my voice makes me sound like a munchkin on helium however I can't help how my voice sounds and people fucking hate me just because of my voice

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Thanks for making that clear. I will admit my voice makes me sound like a munchkin on helium however I can't help how my voice sounds and people fucking hate me just because of my voice

I just fake a lower voice. And my voice is already pretty deep.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I mean take it from me, someone who isn't really a fan of their own voice; people only probably hate it when you're being loud and it's probably not as bad as you think it is

I've avoided public ts channels because recently, people have had a tendency to just be loud. Soundboards I don't really mind though, they're worth a laugh

Nebulae

Speak a bit quieter, and don't get too excited. Won't lie, I also dislike high-pitched voices, but only for the fact that they're supplemented by screaming and cocaine-speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.