The word re.set crashes my browser.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
Right, so this only started recently when I had tried to change my password for steam, it gave me a link which happened to have the word in question (re.set, minus the .) and almost instantly it crashed my chrome, disheartened by this I'd attempted to use Internet Explorer to see if I'd get the same results, and I did. I tried again for Microsoft Edge and I was soon met with the same results. In the end I had to use my phone to click the link, but it's extremely annoying as it's not just the word re.set, but also any word that happens to contain re.set, such as "pre.set"

In short, typing any word or link that contains the word re.set crashes my browser, no matter what browser I'm using.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah buddy we aint got a fucking clue

i'd go get help proper tech support somewhere because thats a REALLY specific problem

liew

Nebulae
yeah buddy we aint got a fucking clue

i'd go get help proper tech support somewhere because thats a REALLY specific problem
worth a shot, checked absolutely everywhere and i couldn't find anybody else with the same problem nor any fixes.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
imagine having access to the internet but everytime the word re set appears your browser dies

That's a god awful problem, I'd use another browser as a last cause but maybe you can reformat your PC, but I don't think anyone else in the world ever had this issue

liew

Nebulae
imagine having access to the internet but everytime the word re set appears your browser dies

That's a god awful problem, I'd use another browser as a last cause but maybe you can reformat your PC, but I don't think anyone else in the world ever had this issue
I've tried using another browser to no avail.

Are you sure it's not some kind of malware? I've never heard anything like this happen otherwise.
Probably my best bet, I've run every scan imaginable and not even my PAID anti-virus discovers anything. I've removed almost every program that I don't use on a daily and even still it carries on.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
I've tried using another browser to no avail.

Probably my best bet, I've run every scan imaginable and not even my PAID anti-virus discovers anything. I've removed almost every program that I don't use on a daily and even still it carries on.

Does your browser crashed even you input the word in a textbox?

Crash Mandipoot

Neutrino
Nebulae
If you haven't already, completely wipe your browser caches.

If that doesn't worm, I dont know what to say