Accepted 'Theodore' voiding his death

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by PilotBland, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    Steam Name:
    PilotBland

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:41569818

Character Name:
    'Theodore'

Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character:
    @Elizabeth - (They just did the character ban, wasn't involved.)

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:
    I don't think my character had a valid reason to actually die.

This isn't an attempt to discourage the roleplay that occurred - the buildup, the aftermath and all other things - but I felt it was just purely a script thing, as they grasp for 'PKable' ways to blame my character. Which they didn't have until a different character accidentally admitted it.

We're at the bank, due to cannons ringing and lots of event noises - So my character is suddenly told that the unarmed are to be moved downstairs to be somewhat 'protected'. I follow along, seemingly picked from the bunch of unarmed people and go downstairs. I'm held up by a bunch of guys in Trenchcoats and Military Fatigues - gun to my poor characters head as he's told he's charged with the murder of two individuals. Seemingly thinking "Wait-- I didn't kill two people?" I asked about details of the murder, in which I was told I'd admitted it to a ranger over the radio. As soon as that happens and I'm held up - they tie me, and strip me of all my gear and pick apart my scripts. I'm not sure exactly what was missing, but it felt more like some sorta forced script hunt then an actual roleplay scenario - also considering my character denied any murder, which I was told was a double murder all along and that I blatantly admitted to murdering them. Forced bullshit deal, whatever.

I'm captured and walked around, before being summoned to a forced court filled with UF, and spectators who wanted my character alive - but they forced the situation and hung my fella instead - and the reason I'm clinging onto this notion that my character should be alive is purely /scripts/. They didn't have a reason to tie him and take most of his valuable belongings, which they refused to return to my characters grieving friends or nothing to be buried with. They had no real suspicion, it was just a forced scenario.

Now, I don't wanna downplay @dee pixel 's character, I spoke to him and he said he had a character somewhat of an experimental - not a throwaway, in his own words - but something he was attempting. He 'mugged' in a sense my close friend, Eli - beat him and took his cane. He was promptly killed, with no UF around at the time - nothing to be done, no one really /cared/. I was only told a 'Ranger' informed the UF of the situation.

I'm just saying, please - take my scripts if you'd like, but leave me with my character. Banish me, do something crazy with my character - but don't kill him for something forced to get a couple scripts, like the last trial where I was asked to hand over the pistol of Fox oocly on steam and such so they can just bank it, I feel like UF's intentions are to amass scripts at this point.

my main point is it was forced, with no proof yet my character was robbed of all his important scripts, before being actually found with anything tangible for this situation to take place, with clear lack of evidence. How should this be a PK? You didn't know the character I killed, - nor ever met him, you established yourself as a 'rule enforcer' and began handing out PK's while collecting all the characters scripts over the murder of someone who (Sorry, @dee pixel) was completely irrelevant. He mugged and beat a cripple with an inch of his life. Which you weren't even aware of this whole mugging, still accusing him of murdering two people even while he hung. it felt just like some power trip in which you have the ability to murder characters on a whim which would have been normal 2 weeks ago, but since you've established yourself as some power - you're going to decide who gets PK'd or not.

Date of occurrence:
    Today, maybe around four 'O clock today? (EST)

Evidence:
    Logs, honestly - will have to be pulled from admin side. I'm so sorry, but I sorta went AFK and the logs in my console went all the way up. Peoples sides of the story coming together to form something consistent for staff to review.

Other Players Involved:
    @dee pixel the fella I killed
    @Powley was there, I believe.
    @Zach @Killstar @Omnipotent @Comrade Revan were in the situation.

Any Other Details:
    This is just an attempt to regain my character who I was having fun developing, not being murdered by UF. It's hypocritical for me to say this, but it felt shitty dying at that moment. I don't care about scripts, fellas. I just wanted my develop character to exist.

willing to re-explain it if it looks like shit lol

• nebulous nebulous x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Cabbage

Cabbage Female

Nebulae:
    Not exactly related, but since when were you allowed to both mug someone and PK them?

• nebulous nebulous x 14
  3. Omnipotent

Omnipotent >lol 9mm

Nebulae:
    Basically Here's what happened.

This guy comes up to me, starts talking about his imaginary friend, I say "I dont know who the fuck "XXX" is", he proceeds to yank my cane, forcing my crippled self to the ground, and he knocks me until unconscious, nearly dead IC. I already have a heavy concussion as verified by rebel docs, so this is more severe than usual.

I then send out over radio his likeness, and ask for his apprehension. Just after which he comes straight into D2, and I alert like six rebels to him, calling him out as the perp, and he flees. He comes back, and I alert even MORE rebels to him, so all of them could verify the attacker.

Then, maybe an hour later, some rebs find him, and kill him. The next day, I am called to trial on the defense of Theo, in which I explain the situation, and they call my character mentally unsound and send him off the stand. They outright deny/refuse any evidence provided for Theo's release, and proceed to PK him cause evidently they got auths for it.

TLDR: A random nutcase bluesuit gets killed for beating a cripple to near death with his own cane and taking said cane, and suddenly the UF cares enough to PK a highly respected rebel for taking action.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  4. zoid

zoid dispatch guy

Nebulae:
    I can serve as witness that @dee pixel ‘s character was indeed mugging people and beating them up. He beat up Eli when Eli was injured, taking his walking cane and pummeling him with it. Multiple characters over the frequency confirmed this.

You aren’t. Not to down-play this UF faction but I’ve heard a lot of things which honestly make them sound like trash. Not really the “rebel reform” we were hoping for. Rampant totalitarianism and anarchy-capitalism are common and these “trials” are just shams from what I’ve heard.

• nebulous nebulous x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
  5. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Rangers were informed about the situation with no prior knowledge of any characters involved beyond the rumor that you had killed someone. We investigated and this story was validated by the fact that people had heard and seen you brag about killing them in public. We decided to arrest you for this reason. We were meant to have a fair and unbiased trial but your defense went right off at the start by saying "yeah he killed some guy." At that point we couldn't rightly just shrug it off and let you go. I wouldn't really consider such a solid case clutching at straws for a PK reason, but I'm willing to have my mind changed if someone wants to debate me on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cherry

Cherry Electron

Nebulae:
    Literally almost similar to what happened to my character except mine involved a lacking of Fear RP.

How is the UF getting away with killing people for little to no reason.

I've been to one of these UF trials before and I've seen how they go with the entire group judging people they bring in in total favor of their own group.

What do you think is going to happen when you are being judged by a judge who is in the group of the people that arrested you in the first place.

7. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    just wanna clarify, i didn't mug omnipotent, i just snatched his cane and knocked him unconscious.

but yeah, considering that i assaulted a man who was already in a crippled state, i'd say my death was pretty valid.

i don't see why the rebel head honchos would hang a guy for killing a strung-out profligate who's goin around and causing trouble.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Entire trial system is rigged to fuck all.

• nebulous nebulous x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    In this case I'll have to disagree with you, we were going to hear out all parties involved, but they confessed to murder. There's very little we can do for a defendant once it becomes established fact that they revenge killed someone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. zoid

zoid dispatch guy

Nebulae:
    although I can understand why you may give him SOME punishment for killing a man revenge style, why did you guys have to hang him

EDIT: and take everything he owns, like what

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  11. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    It's a post 7 hour war world, we don't have the resources to put a man behind bars. There's little alternative punishment beyond financial compensation which in this case couldn't be done because the person who was wronged was hunted down and killed without a trial.

I would pose the same exact question. Although I can understand giving SOME punishment for injuring your friend, why did he have to die?

EDIT:
    He was stripped of his weapons and his suit so he couldn't escape or harm anyone during the trial, we didn't touch any of his personal items and had planned on returning his gear if he was proven innocent.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  12. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee "Just get a gas mask."
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I can understand the idea of creating a Leviathan in order to monopolize the use of force to a certain authority, while using democratic mechanics to decide on whether or not people are guilty/innocent to add an attempt at humanity. Prosecuting and executing anyone who commits murder without authorization is understandable from a 'real life' perspective to set an example for everybody else, but at the same time, this is a roleplay server, and while IC is IC, does the United Front have the right to PK anyone who kills anyone for any reason?

I think it's a bit extreme to act as judge, jury, mugger, and executioner someone for killing a man who is beating a cripple with his own cane.

#12 Poopship McGee, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 18
  13. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    That's ultimately the question, can a rebel group act in the same capacity as a pre-war police force to prevent shootings and other crimes from occurring in general? That's the goal of the group, forcing people to act realistically by providing consequences to behavior that harms others for any reason.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Mirukihoshi

Mirukihoshi internet therapist

Nebulae:
    I apologize for commenting here, but this is what Comitatus used to do back in C8, and I don't think that ended too well afaik. Rebels acting like a police force for other rebels almost never ends well, and past events prove this.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    The alternative seems to be allowing people to kill each other over petty arguments, fist fights, and disputes which is what we're trying to prevent.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Cabbage

Cabbage Female

Nebulae:
    >Man beats the shit out of a cripple with his own walking stick and doesn't get punished for it
    >Other man takes justice on initial man for beating the shit out of his friend who is crippled
    >New Rebel government kills man who took justice on cripple-beater whilst also mugging him of all of his possessions and refusing to give them back to any of his friends so they can remember him/honor his death

ok

• Agree Agree x 19
    • nebulous nebulous x 6
  17. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Assault =/= Revenge Murder, not even an eye for an eye.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
  18. zoid

zoid dispatch guy

Nebulae:
    im not going to put the blame on the UF full force despite some of their other more regrettable actions here or before

because the sad truth is that if you want authority in rebelrp, that group will naturally become similar to that of the Combine ICly or OOCly

if you want an actual insurgency or stable government, you have to work from the bottom to get everyone on board (which is very hard with a rebel population of about 60), you guys made the mistake of installing your authority way too quickly which is perceived as “we are the most powerful of the group and therefore we shall make the decisions”

and the people who think that aren’t wrong

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  19. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    you took filters and things, my suit which wasn't like i could kill you with my suit or anything. i didn't see the point of stripping him.

and then keeping all the gear like "lol claimed"

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. York

York Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Just a contingency for the possibility of you escaping out the gas zone, as I said all things would've been returned to you had you been proven innocent.

After you had been found guilty of murdering a guy who injured your friend there wasn't much sense in burying valuable military equipment with a corpse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice