THERMOGENESIS - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by Zak, May 19, 2019.

1. Zak

Zak Resident xenophile
    Developer

Nebulae:

Feedback thread.

First thing I'll cover is some of the things I've personally noticed and considered just from running things, both good and bad.

• I wasn't as active as I should have been because I was trying to balance i17v3 and the event at the same time, which hopefully shouldn't ever be a problem in the future.
    • There wasn't enough for rebels to do, and in hindsight I should have cut their presence entirely, I was too blindsided by the cool generator mechanic to think more deeply about what role they'd actually play.
    • It was a lot of fun seeing how CPs behaved throughout the course of the event. We've done events without dispatch before, but generally speaking they've been left completely to their own devices during such events, to my knowledge this is the first time they've been more or less cut off while still carrying out their standard duties.
    • I was originally going to have it finally rain during the end of the event, but seeing how performance was, I decided against it. You're free to roleplay that it finally started to rain though.
    • There wasn't as much communication in the event team as I would have liked, and while part of that is my own fault for rushing things and not having it planned out as deeply as I'd have liked, I had to ask people multiple times over and over to get into Teamspeak to help coordinate things.
    • This was the first time I've helped run a 120-slot in months, and the first time I've been completely in charge of things... pretty much throughout neb, as far as I recall, so there was a period of me getting used to running things.
    • It was fun seeing CiviPro manage their supplies right near the end, when they had to salvage everything they could due to logistics being cut off entirely. It makes me want to discuss allowing rebels to sabotage supply lines and the like so the same thing is in effect for brief periods of time, forcing CPs to conserve ammo.
    • There was some optimization problems, but I did the best I could given the very wide-open nature of the map as a whole, apologies for that.

Other than that, open to criticism, as long as it's constructive. "map sucked there was nothing to do" doesn't count as constructive criticism, "it would have been better to do ______" does.

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    doing a reverse Heavy Snow and scrapping rebels would have been the best option imo

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Raiden

Raiden Submit to the Three, thy spirits and thy lords.

Nebulae:
    it was the event that was needed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. cns

cns The Winner

Nebulae:
    rebels were a mistake if 100% focus was put on prison gang it could have been better but it wasnt bad
    last days were fun with the riots

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    the cop who searched me and took my uu cheeseburgers cause food shortages was funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    What truly sucks is that the bunker expo wasn't run.

Perhaps that could be something done in the future as a high stakes / high risk thing?

7. SaintonDrugs

SaintonDrugs Nucleus

Nebulae:
    This is a very much personal experience and opinion of mine during the event and others may disagree or have had different experiences.

The way that I saw this event go was kind of disappointing, I was under the impression that ammo was going to be rather lenient but for the events I participated in, there was very little reward which I understand can go under the 'Don't hunt for scripts' clause and were mini events but if that were the case I was hoping for at least a decent story.

There was also the matter that I understand this event on the rebel side catered more towards new rebels, but it was pretty disappointing to be around for months on the same character slowly gathering items, then some new blood comes in with equal or better equipment in terms of guns. It just felt like such a slap in the face.

E: Apart from that, I suppose the overall RP in the event was pretty fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Feminine Pizza Bag

Feminine Pizza Bag Funny SCP Man

Nebulae:
    block b gang block b gang block b gang block b gang block b gang
    stab loyalists with sharpened sticks daily kill em all 2026
    hell yeah fun event

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dr Heckyll

Nebulae:
    I haven't played the event since day 2 or 3, but I'll just give my thoughts on the logic, or rather lack of logic behind the rebels being there
    I get that they were there to blow up the refinery, and from the screenshot thread, i gather that we did it!, but couldn't we just do it on the very first day, pack up and go home? It seems as if there was really no purpose to our presence other than populating the wasteland, perhaps launching some sabotage to create a union repair response

tl;dr don't be afraid to shaft away one "side" or faction from a big event if it can't suitably involve them

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rob

rob `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Having looked back I now realize that there were dozens of highlights from what little time I could play

Correct me if I am wrong, but Zak is not one known for events, so I give both him and the countless other staff members that helped to make this event what it was, a good experience for many. Also, credit to the event team, particularly @cns and @Raiden.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Feminine Pizza Bag

Feminine Pizza Bag Funny SCP Man

Nebulae:
    half of my event experience involved ghetto first aid situations with people suffering from grievous injuries due to accidents and it was great
    my character basically has a t-shirt on with how much he ripped off of his sleeves to bandage shit up
    prison life is hard life but it's fun life

12. Thood74

Thood74 Electron

Nebulae:
    The event overall was quite fun, while most of it was simply going around and talking to people like usual, the few sequences that were different were quite exciting. The riots, portal storms, beginning and end sequences, and the pipeline sequences being the things i am talking about. However, the cherry on top HAS to be the place where the event ended...A place we all know and love/hate..

Either way, the main thing is it offered many fun highlights that made me want to stay for more and somewhat upset when the event ended. However the bits in between, where near nothing of note happened were not pleasant and will not be missed. It felt very standard, apart from the fact the setting offered more to talk about.

basically, exciting most of the time...
    Boring the rest of the time. Though overall i think this was a good event and the balance inbetween boredom and excitement felt very realistic.

And sorry if this isn't very helpful, i am not very good at giving feedback in my opinion. Just thought it was worth a shot.

13. Tinbe

Tinbe Current real-life year + 7 = Current HL2RP IC year
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    It honestly felt like a win-win-win-win-win for rebels throughout the board. They constantly got to sabotage Union, even getting (and killing) prisoners with how many repercussions? Their thumper got melted and maybe mortared at some point? That's the most I know of, and every time I wondered if there'd be a counterattack for what rebels did, it was shot down with "nah they're too scant on resources/manpower to do anything", so it felt like... just kicking someone who was already down?

I honestly never really indulged into the citizen side of the event, save for very surface-level stuff on very few occasions. I mostly spent my time on my Vortigaunt character. And, well, I got a ton of cooked antlion meat out of this event, although drinks were very scarce. Scratch that, I never found a good source of sating thirst. Sure, it's a no-brainer that it's hard to find it in what is essentially a seabed-turned-desert, but this amount of dehydration OOC-mechanic-wise was overkill.

With all that being said, this was a nice change of pace. It is not often that main server events take people to such unique locations, and the atmosphere was on point. :ok:

14. Dr Heckyll

Nebulae:
    get rekt GI

15. afric

afric `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    the rebel grilling event was fun

16. Tzula

Tzula Molecule

Nebulae:
    I never had more fun as a cop before
    Even more so when we restored order to the prison those last two riots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. malwaree

malwaree ... .... . .-.. - . .-. ..-. .-. --- --.
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    prison side of things was absolutely amazing

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Firekeeper
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    The two first days were gold, for the rest, you said everything, the two lasts days where also gold, the nlr during riots was a must and it happened

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    i liked it

yeah sure there's the rebel thing, but that's been addressed already, but still I think it managed to balance out a few days into the event anyway

that being said, I wish there was a little more interaction for that final assault, but of course that plays into the whole entity weapons/ammo thing, which could bring issues and more headaches in of itself

I give it a broken marriage/10

20. Nov

Nov Atom
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    i loved this event through and through as cp
    never felt the heat on my copper until this event cruised along
    thank u zak for being a god entity

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice