system: "Connection established, transmission outgoing."
system: "Enter message(s) now."

>it's awake.
>you know what to do.
>use an interim location if we must.
>just get it done.

=======
=======

"...such that all citizens of the Universal Union work together in perfect harmony. One complete system, the whole a greater than the sum of its parts, performing to the best of their ability. We know that, regardless of hardship or times of strife, the Union exists as a symbol that yes, our Benefactors will see humanity through its evolution, through its journey to the stars, even if such a journey is arduous..."

pKZxIB8.jpg

"...is why I feel compelled to address these concerns directly. Throughout humanity's history, we have all questioned authority, discussed with our peers the competency of our leadership, debated the efficacy of whatever institutions oversaw our lives. May I remind you, however, the commonality of all systems of the old world; they were but human, inherently flawed, backed by naught more than their own views of society, with what accounted to little more than educated guesses as to the direction the future would take..."

BHbkZqP.jpg

"...despite what our individualistic tendency might attempt to convince us of, know that there is reason, purpose, and direction behind the methods of our Benefactors. Even if such direction seems counter-productive to humanity's elevation, know that the minds of the Benefactors operate on a scale larger than the human mind can even hope to conceive. An entire galaxy's worth of information, eons of time spent learning and exploring and creating. Perhaps one day, we too can claim the same fortune of knowledge..."

VYJYceD.jpg

"Cigarette?"

qvobsIw.jpg

"C'mon, Chang, you know I don't smoke."

"Suit youself. Real stuff. Very good. Perk of job!"

"Lung cancer, what a perk."

"No kill you faster than regime will."

qSQfeIM.jpg

"I still don't know how you stand those stupid propaganda broadcasts."

"Turns to background noise after long time."

"Right, well if you're done contributing to the declining air quality, can we get this over with?"

"Why you not be polite? Two friend making idle chat outside club much more less suspicious to see than two professionals talk business in dark alley."

"...fine, I'll play your fuckin' game."

3CdWtaX.jpg

"See? Not so hard to be nice."

"Let's just get on with it, please. I hate meeting out in the open like this."

"Alright alright, calm down. What your little green friends been saying?"

"Well, hard to make out details through the bullshit pseudo-religious talk. Kept saying something about an 'awakening' or some shit like that, made it sound like a big deal. Repeated something like... fuckin' I dunno, some weird alien word that they said like it was supposed to be obvious."

saRiz5s.jpg

"Sound bad. Don't hear much like that. Do hear other things though."

"Yeah? Whaddya got for me this time, Chang?"

"Gonna like very much. Think bossman's idea is right way to go."

"... what the hell am I looking at here?"

"Got hands on it from very very clueless board man. Amazing what board men keep in pockets while doing other thing, like inspect facilities."

3M46FzE.jpg

"You can't be serious. You want me to tell him to go through with it based on a single grainy photograph? Nothing else besides that and some disconnected rambling from an alien who, for all we know, just spends all day getting fucked up on space weed which is how he has his 'visions'?"

"Yep."

"But- what about the risks? You sure the contacts you've got are capable of covering up something that massive? It's my ass on the line, along with half a dozen of my people, Chang... and whoever else that we can cram together. I don't like leaving people to fate."

"Like you say, your ass on line here. I get cozy train ride if happens."

"Fuck you."

"I no swing that way."

"You know what I mean, jackass... fuck it. Wouldn't be the first time we've taken a chance."

"Have fun with seasickness!"

GO29BEd.png

=======​

=======

cQpuAxF.png

=======

THERMOGENESIS

Countless hours spent preparing.

Revision upon revision upon revision.

Dozens of gallons of coffee consumed.

A 110-slot event open to all factions, presented by Zak, with assistance from every member of Nebulous head staff and the HL2RP event team. Such a monumental occasion deserves an experience tailored specifically for such a milestone... involving a finale over six months in the making.

=======

FAQ

What map are we using?
This one.

How long will the event last?
Roughly one week, until the 18th. Might be stretched to Sunday if it goes well, or cut back if it goes badly.

Will we be coming back to City 8?
Not for the forseeable future. Pack your bags, bring anything you desperately need to have with you; the remaining contents of your personal lockers will be smuggled to our final destination by an associate.

Which factions can participate?
Citizens, CPs, rebels, UM, CWU, Terminal/USE, zombies/other donator creatures. CAB and UIL will have certain opportunities as well, speak to your faction leads for more information.

Is this going to be another event where rebels get all the cool shit and citizens have fuck-all to do?
No. In fact, the primary focus here is on citizens. Rebels will have their own agenda, don't worry.

What's the rule on PKs?
Standard PK rules unless otherwise stated.

What's the deal with that line, "CiviPro won't be completely cut off"?
You won't be in direct contact with Dispatch for the duration of the event.

But then what's stopping CPs from doing whatever they want?
Aside from very loose oversight by a Transhuman detachment, nothing. I want this event to have a greater degree of freedom than you'd expect on the main server, without completely eschewing the power dynamic.

What's your favorite Halo game?
ODST. 2 and 3 are tied for second place.

=======

10/5/19
7 PM

Last edited:

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
Thank you Zak, I hope that I will finish Lucifer before the event.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
Thank you Zak, very nice!

But how long will the event last, can we know?

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
If it's more than a one day type deal I doubt I'll be able to attend 10 days to my exam lol

Anyways looks really cool and I hope everyone will like it

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I guess this is apart of “more details” but will we be returning to City 8?

Just to make sure I can start packing up my bags early.

also literally during finals week in the states please don’t make me choose

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
blame gurrazor for killing LP in the middle of april
you're not doing the 110 slotter ontop of the 3 year thing

so why not just do it in june and save everyone the trouble

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I’m pretty patient for June man I’ll be fair but I can’t represent the majority

just take into account if @Zak is doing the event maybe he doesn’t have time off in June so

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
you're not doing the 110 slotter ontop of the 3 year thing

so why not just do it in june and save everyone the trouble
I’m pretty patient for June man I’ll be fair but I can’t represent the majority

just take into account if @Zak is doing the event maybe he doesn’t have time off in June so
four main factors go into this
  1. the style of the event itself won't necessarily follow the typical formula of "be on for certain key events and aside from that, whatever"
  2. personal shit's gonna start ramping up in june, preventing me from being as heavily involved behind the scenes as i have been
  3. putting off the event until two weeks past the anniversary already seems late as-is
  4. why the fuck does everybody have exams in may, in the past mine were always june

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
four main factors go into this
  1. the style of the event itself won't necessarily follow the typical formula of "be on for certain key events and aside from that, whatever"
  2. personal shit's gonna start ramping up in june, preventing me from being as heavily involved behind the scenes as i have been
  3. putting off the event until two weeks past the anniversary already seems late as-is
  4. why the fuck does everybody have exams in may, in the past mine were always june

i know this seems obvious and probably thought out and the date is important but

is it possible you could try earlier?