Denied TommyGman Abuse Report

Discussion in 'Abuse Reports' started by Poopship McGee, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee BAD HOMBRES GET OUT!! REEEeEEEEEe

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: Poopship McGee
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:386047

Server: HL2RP
    Steam/Forum Name: @TommyGman
    Server Directors of Server: @Blackquill

Reason for Request: Trigger-happy operator who banned me for dropping one line IC, then I voided literally a second after, then walked off after having finished RPing with Mojave @Twippydoge. After I left the situation with both the other people in the room next to me, apparently I was reported to the cyberpolice, to which I was not warned, or scolded for my action, but immediately banned without any form of communication.

I was not notified by the players, or staff that I was disrupting and it's ridiculous that anyone can go behind anyone's back, take something you said or did, and get you banned for it without informing the player that what they're doing is irritating them, or posing a problem for roleplay.

As a previous member of staff, since I was given a lecture on how I should know better as 'staff' even though I've never been staff on HL2RP and have only been staff on WW3RP, where I'm sure you know, it much looser when it comes to such things anyway. As a previous member of staff, I'd have expected a player to first warn the player disrupting roleplay, and if that fails, contact staff to warn the player misbehaving, then if they persist, then ban.
    Time of Occurence: 5:14PM GMT-8
    Evidence: I couldn't really collect any after I was kicked because I didn't have my console open.
    Any additional members involved: @seal

note:
    I really don't care if I'm banned, I'll take it. I just want something to be done to prevent operators with sticky keys to be banning people for things that could've easily been communicated through PMs. Considering the matter was no longer a problem by the time I was banned, this is ridiculously lackluster staff performance.

-snip- inappropriate really, I'm better than that.

2. Stalker

Stalker The very best rp man who ever lived on earth
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    For a quick reference can you tell us exactly what you said minus the profanities? Was it exactly what the youtube link said?

3. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    It was everything in the video, except the word stupid, but I didn't repeat it the second time like in the video.

4. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [A stoic man standing ...] says Everybody type alex is a :heyzeus: in chat.

5. Stalker

Stalker The very best rp man who ever lived on earth
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    This would probably fall under.

• Keep racism In-character unless told to oocly stop

We could argue context and all that but, the word really doesn't have much reason to be said OOC even as a joke, while a warn probably would have sufficed I don't think any actual abuse here was done - and as you've said you don't mind the ban itself. Nothing here really screams Tommy abused to be honest.

6. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    I was banned for unserious behavior and disrupting roleplay, which I was never warned or communicated with about. The players who reported me made no effort to have me stop, nor could they, considering I left the building right after. This is banning someone for a manufactured problem.

7. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    While a ban may have been a bit much there was no actual abuse done here like Stalker said.

8. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    This really didn't help your case by the way my friend.

Furthermore this snipped part from your abuse report:
    will start listening things people has steam friended me to console my disappointment;

'looks for ways to use his staff commands'
    'punishments are insane sometimes'
    'he's an idiot, im not surprised, appeal it'
    'he's already back and there's issues'

These are just some of the more civil comments I've received after the ban. I won't link them to people for the sake of their security, and I trust you, I don't have a circlejerk, so don't pretend this is all from 'my circlejerk'. I've been dry in terms of circlejerks for a while, unfortunately

9. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Highlights the idea that this report was really just made out of more spite than anything honestly.

10. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    I'm not looking for a demotion here. I just want staff to learn that you do the following;
    1. Receive the report from the player
    2. Communicate with the accused, so long as they are not putting the server, or other players in jeopardy.
    3. Warn the accused for their action.
    4. If the accused refuses to learn from the warning and proceed to break the rules again, then you ban.
    It's ridiculous that my long-standing record of zero bans is squandered by this over-zealous ban. It's not hard to properly administrate, that's all I ask of him.

11. Blackquill

Blackquill Feelin' glad I got sunshine
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    You're being a melodramatic about it imho mate

I'd have prolly just kicked you myself, but being punished is p justified - especially considering the sperg-like rp that happened earlier today with rebels voiding fear rp and spouting similar memes over the radio

Idk memes should be kept to ooc imo.

No actual abuse of power was done
    Merged:
    Or, or

You, as a player could not spout unserious memes IC when you know it's not allowed?

12. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy

Nebulae:
    I banned you for the following reasons which I shall list below in numerical order just to keep things precise and clear so my intentions are not going to be skewed:

1. The people you sent the message to created a !help request about it, clearly showing their annoyance, frustration and so on because as far as I know at the time they were roleplaying and your slur more than likely ruined their immersion and brought an unserious air to the table.
    2. As not only an ex staff member but a long serving one too, this kind of behavior should not be being shown especially since memey behavior is something we as a staff team have been trying to crack down on for a very long time. You should be setting an example.
    3. By typing this ICly and not using LOOC you directly said the N word, which goes against the rules of keeping racism IC and also to me counts as a purposeful bypass of the word filter used to moderate OOC chat.
    I do not appreciate you sending me logs of what other people are saying about the ban, calling me an idiot, a trigger-happy operator, all of the above and aforementioned with what intent? It doesn't help your ban / abuse report, so clearly it is just an attempt to slander and insult me feigning numbers against my own decision. Thanks.

13. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    So how many people were banned earlier? If none, why am I banned for doing significantly less? I don't know why this is a major issue when I did this at like, 1:30AM GMT.

14. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy

Nebulae:
    the time you did it doesn't excuse it. Low pop or high pop you misbehaved and were banned for the following:

15. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    It's at staff's discretion, if previously it was handeled by a staff member saying to knock it off, that's fine, the staff member could have just as easily banned them and it'd be justified. Same goes for you, it's justified either way.

16. Blackquill

Blackquill Feelin' glad I got sunshine
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    I mean I'll also stress in private stuff like this isn't hugely important but when people complain that's when we act- rightfully so I'm sure everyone will agree.

Do I think a ban is too much when a kick suffices? Sure.
    Is this an abuse of power? Not whatsoever.

I mean that was my viewpoint on it - I had no say in your ban.

Regardless I'm not dragging this out, you can be unbanned but I'm denying this report because it's unsubstantial and quite frankly seems more reactionary than an actual case for abuse of power.

End of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice