Accepted Tony 'Mascarpone' Paladel PK appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by piece of shit, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piece of shit

piece of shit Just call me Brandon
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: ♣|Braňo|♣
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54660756

Character Name:
    Tony 'Mascarpone' Paladel
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Gary

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Breach of timescale by uninvolved cop doing S2K
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: I believe there was a massive breach of timescale in this situation where I have been given 3 /Me's in advance by the cops who were near a mug situation.
    In the first /Me I performed picking up a weapon from unconscious officer played by @Gary
    In the second /Me I performed running away to flee from the scene
    Ran away without letting the two waiting cops react because I was still in advance of one /Me so they were not in the scene, couldn't engage in RP thus making me having no one to RP with.
    Suddenly is S2Ked by a cop who has no idea of the situation, pastes S2K /Me and breaches timescale against a character who should already be gone.
    Date Of Occurrence: 24.10.
    Evidence: Can get logs if needed
    Other Players Involved: @Gary as a cop getting mugged. @Simman102 on his cop breaching timescale
    Any Other Details: -

• nebulous nebulous x 11
  2. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I saw you and 2 cops run away from the scene so I chased and killed you
    Not much to say

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. piece of shit

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    All good man, it's what PK appeals are for. Pretty much what happened here is me running away from a scene after I performed it in my 2nd/ 3 mes which means the two cops who has been waiting for their time to engage in still shoudn't have been getting involved as I had upper hand of another /Me
    And yeah it's most likely good that you shot, probably shoudn't even been there to begin with but if this was a different situation with unjustified runner this would have been a proper reaction.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Any more info on this?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. nash

nash slimaaconroy-approved
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    yes hi hello im finally back from mute land

i was no more than a few feet down the road with a pt consisting of 2 being there JUST as you came round the corner with the radio, they briefly saw the cop collapse to the ground.

in summary, this was very clear cut and i dont believe the cops broke timescale at all, they were within a reasonable length and responded within a reasonable time period.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  6. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I don't even think it's about timescale at this point?
    Brano just tried to run away, I don't know if running was initially RPed out or not but everybody just held W+SHIFT at that point so I joined in and gunned him down

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. nash

Media Developer

Nebulae:
    my bad, thought the whole point of contention for the pk was due to the timescale.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  8. piece of shit

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Yes it was RPed. The running away I mean.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Tzula

Tzula Molecule

Nebulae:
    if you run away from cops s2k is enabled, same reason why we freely stunstick minges or anyone going 505.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Molecule
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    that cop wasn’t involved though

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. nash

Media Developer

Nebulae:
    useful

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
  12. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    That's irrelevant when you switch from s2rp to s2k
    What do you expect people to do, ignore an armed rebel running away?

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  13. piece of shit

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    The point really is that the reason I ran away is because there was no one to RP with. I was given 3 /Me's before the two officers come around. In the first I picked up a weapon, in the second I ran away, so now they are technically still not there and shoudn't have S2Ked when my character is Icly gone by the time cops show up. Thought that was the point of whole 'timescale'

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I do have a genuine question and this is more so relating to the point this brings up in general. If you were given three /me's and you only do two before running, don't you technically lock them out entirely? Like how do you equate the time of the third /me to them showing up on the scene in that instance? How do you measure it?

Obviously I'm not saying you need to use all three /me's in this case and just died but its a genuine question because I honestly haven't seen this come up before ever.

Do the cops just get held back until the person escapes or what?

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  15. piece of shit

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I actually have no idea. I mean, ICly speaking the character would have been long time gone before the cops showed up. The third /Me was the point from when cops can engage but since I escaped sooner before that I think it makes sense?
    What you imply here is that whenever cops show up at no matter the time, the shootcopper is literally sentenced to death no matter what RP they do.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Tzula

Tzula Molecule

Nebulae:
    I'm just skimming through and reciting what standard protocol is.
    Even then, he would've been s2kd anyhow, probably.
    I don't fault Simman this time.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  17. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    There's two problems that arise in either situations. Problem one would be that knowing you've got three /me's, you're under the OOC knowledge that cops are nearby despite perhaps not knowing it in-character, so even if you weren't intending on running so quick to begin with, you might suddenly change your mind and run. This could easily be countered by saying you heard the cops approach though, or in this scenario having robbed a cop you'd want to get out as quick as possible anyway.

Problem two, and this is the important one; if you're not allowed to run during timescale, then the timescale is both pointless and powergamed, you'd be strongarming someone into a situation they can't win. The point of timescale would be thrown completely out the window if we assume that the people getting into the scenario can't have arrived too late, the idea is that they're a distance away, which means by the time they've rounded a corner, the guy being targeted might have rounded another.

@Braňo♥ is definitely in the right on this one, and here's me talking to a wall but please stop s2king people you're s2rping with, we've been over this one a few times now.

#17 nexus, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    The only issue though is that after he runs and starts bolting - what're they meant to do when they've been waiting to intervene? If they can't chase him and they can't S2K him, he's effectively gotten away and the timescale was pointless anyway and they may as well have not shown up or been told to fuck off.

Brano said it himself - he had one /me left, the cops couldn't show up so he just started running. Shouldn't they be able to run after him? There wasn't any RP at all after the second /me.

This is the sort of thing I mean, I haven't really seen this sort of situation before.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  19. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    Last time I mugged a cop was in City Eight, by the car. I remember getting the weapon and then bolting first thing I did. If @Braňo♥ had the same mindset he'd have done the same thing.

Also "might as well have not shown up" is a pretty condescending way of looking at it, they don't have to "win" every scenario in the game, sometimes they arrive too late and have to scramble for clues instead or they're left at a loss, and that's alright, I'd even argue it's more engaging for the sake of passive. If anything it's about time we have the first person in the history of HL2RP to actually get away from a timescale situation.

This time they set a deadline of 3 /me's before they'd see him, he disappeared on his second /me, logically they wouldn't have seen him slip off in either direction, there'd be nothing to chase after.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  20. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'm not meaning to be condescending at all, I'm mostly just meaning that this sort of thing is a logistical headache however you slice it.

Logically, you have now just found a 'win' button for a lot of timescaled situations. Cops or whoever are going to intervene in three/four/five /me's? You disengage before the last one and start running because there's nobody there to roleplay with. Either they are allowed to chase you which causes these situations or they aren't, at which point they - and I don't mean this condescendingly, again - may as well have just been told to ignore it.

I'm not saying I don't understand @Braňo♥'s situation cause I absolutely do, its literally just that weird grey area of "were the cops right given what they saw happen when he bolted" vs "should he have been given time to escape entirely".

• nebulous nebulous x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice