News TORIDE | 砦 - Announcement & Info, 30/06/18 - 07/07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I feel like the finally of the event outside of who won the S2K and the combat was very linear

• The entire coup against Fukuyama felt extremely artificial and I feel like it was messed with way too much OOCly by management to the point where the was no oomf when we stormed the Nexus or legitimate surprise
  • Most player driven creativity from the event wasn't taken even small things
  • The death of Fukuyama and Serpico was my least favorite part of the event, the entire thing felt like an ex machina and lacked any substanance or ability to stop it, most people I've worked with organizing it were looking forward to actually arresting Fukuyama and putting him through a trial
sorry you felt that way but the event has plotlines for everyone - not just cab and not just conscripts

the rebels had spent all week struggling and dying for that weapon they fired, hardly an ex-machina given the the PKs that went into building it and getting it working

the rebel plotline was inevitably going to clash with the union plotline, that is what was meant to happen

Reactions: List

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
sorry you felt that way but the event has plotlines for everyone - not just cab and not just conscripts

the rebels had spent all week struggling and dying for that weapon they fired, hardly an ex-machina given the the PKs that went into building it and getting it working

the rebel plotline was inevitably going to clash with the union plotline, that is what was meant to happen
i think it's mostly the details of the execution that put people off.

it would've been far more understandable had the actual summitt commenced and the weapon's damage was presented as a simple railgun blast as opposed to a weird, plot-specific thanos glove finger snap that caused certain people to evaporate, but i'm guessing it was the way it was due to a staff member shortage. (just a game theory)

but personally i have no problems w toride. i got to suck some wrinkly asian philosopher penis and snort some cocaine. 11/10.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
the shaking and the lag made the last part of this event terrible

demonstrated by this vid

whoever pressed the "CONSTANT SHAKE SCREEN" button needs a kick in the butt

otherwise it was :eek:khand:
We spent about 7 minutes pressing buttons to try to figure out the off button.

I pulled it off in the end! I know the button now and everyone does so don't worry it won't happen again :)

Also eh it wasn't even an event per se, it was just, a rescue for @Tzula

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
i stayed up literally all night for that event

screen shaking made my brain hurtie but i had a lot of fun stripping down to bluesuit and walking past all the combine to get my ration, wish i had a usp-t or something

feeling a solid eight to a light nine on this one

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
well done to the staff and event team for a great event, most fun i've had on the server without a doubt

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
missed the entire event due to irl things but by the look of it everyone had fun and enjoyed it and really thats the main thing that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.