Serious transgender politics

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by AshHen, Jun 27, 2018.

?

rough idea of your belief

1. let people do and be what they want bruh

50 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. as long as they're not "in your face"

77 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. ye nah that's stupid

44 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. other (post i guess)

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. TommyGman

TommyGman DOOM Guy Incarnate
    B A N N E D Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I really don't mind people who are trans, nothing wrong with being around them however what I do mind are those who excessively talk about their problem, consistently referring to their body and how they dislike it to the point where it were their own personal war which has permanent scarred them with depression and anxiety or is forcing them to commit suicide / cut themselves out of a self-loathing.

You have a fully functioning body that works perfectly but you just want something to be different about it, like girls who want bigger boobs or guys with bigger muscles, but people hang themselves over it sometimes like having a penis between their legs was mentally traumatizing yet you've got people who are paralyzed from the waist down who have more happiness in them and acceptance of their condition than some trans folk.

Idk, I just think perhaps people should be a bit more grateful and understand having the incorrect genitalia between their legs isn't the end of the world as people without legs at all seem to be happier than most.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hoovie the Apansenok

Hoovie the Apansenok dr pepper's boob giraffe

Nebulae:
    bruh if you use the "b-but there are starving children in africa stop being sad about your petty things" argument, then you might as well shut the fuck up about your issues. why should /you/ be upset? why should /anyone/ be upset? oh, what's this? john's mom died? lmao nah fuck off at least he's living in a first world country.

my dude i live in a war zone, under the daily threat of death or imprisonment. if i were to follow your logic i should just wave my finger at everyone and go "y'all gotta shut the fucc up". but i won't. because material circumstances don't matter and different people with different lives take different brands of suffering differently and comparing one to another is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. TommyGman

TommyGman DOOM Guy Incarnate
    B A N N E D Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I get that different circumstances and different people can and will experience things with varying degrees of pain or suffering, but when I hear about those who are transgender killing themselves over their own genitalia I'm just saddened that they've got a fully functioning human body, but because of being outcast due to wanting a change in that or simply knowing that they are not going to be what they want to be they decide to end it all. You can of course feel depressed and anxious about such topics and feelings, but going as far as to end your own life is just.. Well.. Sad to hear

4. Hoovie the Apansenok

Nebulae:
    and famous, rich able-bodied people adored by millions commit suicide due to depression. why aren't you complaining about them?
    people have killed themselves over personal reasons for aeons, i don't understand your point. what makes gender dysphoria different?

also, a friendly reminder that it's not just about the wing-wang between your legs or even appearance. it's about the behavior, the social life, the treatment in society. that's what causes distress quite often.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ice

ice Paramilitary enthusiast

Nebulae:
    man i hate when these conversations come up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Denny

Denny Electron

Nebulae:
    im sure that discussing such a topic on a roleplay forum was the right choice. everyone here is a well established scientist and doctorate student after all. on the topic of things, i dont care what someone is our what they do as long as they dont force something onto myself or others as i dont force my beliefs on them either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. ice

Nebulae:
    no its more because im transgender and telling someone so on an internet roleplay forum (like im doing right now) is almost as autistic as roleplaying on garrysmod and tends to attract the dregs of both side when all i want to do is play vidya and talk about cute clothes but people have to be fags about it

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Denny

Denny Electron

Nebulae:
    you didnt have to tell anyone though

9. ice

Nebulae:
    fuck off

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Denny

Denny Electron

Nebulae:
    are you okay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hoovie the Apansenok

Nebulae:
    ice, chill please

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Powley

Powley `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    i'd still go for a drink with all my homies

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. AshHen

AshHen Atom

Nebulae:
    guess you could say she needs to cool down a little

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Hoovie the Apansenok

Nebulae:
    lost her cool, it seems. was pretty cold of her to reply this rudely tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Postino

Postino Molecule

Nebulae:
    what bathroom do you go to

it's a genuine question

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Denny

Denny Electron

Nebulae:
    such wise words. homies are homies no matter what gender or race, for we are all homies on the inside

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AshHen

AshHen Atom

Nebulae:
    the situation took a turn for the worse, it went so far too suddenly, they should have started with an ice-breaker

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Powley

Powley `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    one thing im genuinely interested in knowing is do you guys struggle to find jobs and such? i dont ask to be a dick but i ask because i want to know what you guys struggle with daily

19. AshHen

AshHen Atom

Nebulae:
    tbh i just hold it in until I get home
    was always uncomfortable with public bathrooms
    Merged:
    kinda but that's just cause my job area sucks
    i don't mention it most of the time since my area sucks for acceptance

20. LykosNychi

LykosNychi Totally Not A Furry

Nebulae:
    Of the 3 trans people I've ever been close to, only one struggled with finding a job. And that was also the one I broke of contact with, due to toxicity.

Obviously I'm no expert personally, but as long as one isn't living in an area unfriendly to trans people, there doesn't usually seem to be much of an issue (At least not one correlating directly to being trans).

My friend Jay I met as a co-worker at a Food Basic (canadian discount grocery store)

Emile (the toxic one) struggled to find a job for a couple years until he settled down as a burger flipper in our backwards and rural town.

Ryu, an australian I became aquainted with via omegle, has held a steady job whilst being openly trans for as long as I've known him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice