Denied Trent Phillips

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Johnston, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Surfing Pikachu

Steam ID: let me grab it

Character Name: Trent Philips

Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: Not sure

What Led To Your Character's Death?: Walking around industrial with a machete equipped. I literally didn't know it was equipped. I had no idea. Here's the extent of how in the dark I was: I looked right at the scanner, said, "Hi little bugger," and kept walking.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: 1) Because I hire people and do srs RP with this character. It puts the server in business. 2) Although the script was acknowledging that I had a machete, I was NOT walking around with it IC. I have no use for the damn thing and can't use prem containers! 3) Authorizing and carrying out a PK in less than 5 minutes is complete and utter bullshit.

Date Of Occurrence: 5/24/2019 at 3:40PM eastern time

Evidence: check logs. I talked to the scanner. I said hi to the fuckin' thing.

Other Players Involved: Scanner, some random UNION officer.

Any Other Details: I appreciate the server and the gravity involved in these RP situations, but if I don't get notified that I am at risk of a PK 5 minutes before the PK, then it is void imo, and I have every damn right to remake the char with a different name a few inches shorter.

I looked at the scanner and said, "Hi little bugger," not knowing I had a fuckass script attached to my back. It's bullshit. btw if I were to keep the machete on me IC, it'd be sleathed in some pockets sewn down to my knees.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Smallfries

Smallfries Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Not involved but my two cents. I’ve dealt with situations like this before, and though I know it sucks, the PK has always stuck. 94 or 69 charges are fatal and walking around with a machete OOCly on your back is a death sentence in the city. That’s how it’s always gone done in PK appeals. Good luck mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    I was being interviewed asking why I had a machete on my back.

"I didn't know I had a machete on my back, neither did my char, therefore I have nothing to say to you, dude."

4. Snook

Snook Moderator
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I was just about to ban you for disconnecting to avoid your charban because you left before it could happen and never reconnected. Next time your on your character will have to be banned to wait for a verdict on this appeal. I won't give out the ban because it looks like you didn't mean to avoid it. @Johnston

5. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Dude, there's so much more exciting bullshit that I do on my char to PK him over. I literally buy all the alcohol I can get my hands on and RP running an illegal speakeasy. I didn't mean to get PK'd for warmly saying hi to a robot. It's stupid.

And yeah, sorry I disconnected. I had no more business being on the server, was in low spirits, and figured it can easily be done through the mySQL system.

6. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    That’s fine, but it’d still get discovered when under a search. We’ve had previous issues with people keeping their weapons equipped and forgetting, all result in death. This is why people doublecheck their inventories.

7. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    You guys care way too much about scripts. I just want the ability to spawn bottles for people to use as set pieces and it makes RPing without the prem stuff almost literally impossible. Yall have the attitude that if it isn't in the script it didn't happen, and if it IS in the script you better have contributed to those 128 slots there.

#7 Johnston, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  8. Raiden

Raiden Free hugs ❤️❤️

Nebulae:
    I was scanner.

I saw machete on back so I tagged 94 weapon.

I get units to investigate and eventually amputate.

Didn't pay any attention to what you said to me only the weapon you had on your back.

That's all my involvement.

9. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Here's what I said to the interviewer: the char had no idea and therefore doesn't have anything to say.

I spent the past 24 hours hustling up more tokens than I know what to do with and now I am mad.

10. Kiko

Kiko Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
  11. Havok

Havok Aesthetics incarnate.
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
  12. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton

Nebulae:
    i took him in, questioned him, and killed him after getting a little information out of him.

i get your frustrations and i'm sorry it turned out this way. unless you did a /me of concealing the machete, it's reasonable to assume that it was still out and visible.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  13. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    I did a verbal /me of brightly telling the robot that I appreciate his existence. Shit's retarded.

14. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton

Nebulae:
    take a breather, my friend.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  15. Johnston

Johnston Neutrino

Nebulae:
    • Extensive flaming, calm down - Jaggles
    listenhere you tittyassmotherfucker i was doing srs roleplay in gmod 9.04 back when you were swimmingaround in ur grampas nutsack do u even know who i am

• nebulous x 24
    • Funny x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  16. Kiko

Kiko Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    and yet so ignorant as to how stuff works

• Zing Zing x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. not tzula

not tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Your application for crafting flags has been denied.
    Come back when you're a bit more mature.

Also, let's lock this thread before this devolves into further shit-flinging.

• Zing x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • nebulous x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Late x 1
  18. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    !!!!!!!

#18 Numbers, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 6
  19. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Hi since @Numbers didn't say it in his post even if he changed the title, this appeal is denied.

Also bear in mind if I see this level of flaming again in a PK appeal I will take more severe actions.

I don't care how experienced you are and how many roleplay medals you have to your name, if you don't know how to behave accordingly don't bother posting. You've been muted for a day so you can think less of @dee pixel's conception and more about respect.

• nebulous nebulous x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice