Serious Trump allowes cocaine dealer to be free

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by shibe, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    We talk about legal opioids and decriminalization. Calling me an idiot is really low so I won't even respond to that.

Where did I wrote that it's not true? I wrote that we should help those people instead of putting them behind bars and fucking over their files for the rest of their life.

2. Aether

Aether Still the best damn alien
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'm specifically calling you an idiot for this;
    It's dumb, insensitive and a poor choice of words.

3. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    No. You're just catching my words, calling me an idiot. I'm talking about drugs, not painkillers. It's a different thing and fact that opioid treatment sometimes ends up with addiction is entirely different topic, so I don't get your butthurt.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. AGoose

AGoose Neutrino

Nebulae:
    I think this purely comes down to cost. The governments spend a tremendous amount of money keeping these drugs off the street and don't see the point in paying hundreds of millions of dollars into providing rehab facilities for addicts, cos alot of people whom are addicts and goto rehab will probably start taking them again due to drugs being common around low economic areas and theres a large stress factor that comes with people who are poor and can't get work that tears people down to their bone and alot of them will just resort to drugs and alcohol to cope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dee pixel

dee pixel BillyJoeOrBust

Nebulae:
    "drug addicts are insane"

6. shibe

shibe `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    they really are
    i remember going to the US and most hobos i saw were high on meth and started doing the weirdest shit ever
    small story: i remember sitting in my hotel room watching outside a window to a chick-fil-a, there was this half naked black hobo harassing people on the drive thru asking for money, some guy got out of his car, probably also on meth and asked him if he could dance, he started dancing and filmed it and gave him money

7. dee pixel

dee pixel BillyJoeOrBust

Nebulae:
    so everybody who gets hooked is insane?

not only is that false, it is incredibly condescending and dehumanizing. not all addicts are the crazed psychos you see doing irish jigs in the middle of the freeway. many are people who need help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shibe

shibe `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    no, dont get me wrong, they do need help but are also mentally really unstable because of the drugs that fucked them up
    now how fucked would it be if you let them get drugs legally and fuck themselves, and other people even more up?

9. dee pixel

dee pixel BillyJoeOrBust

Nebulae:
    it's easy as hell to get drugs illegally, don't kid yourself. there'd really be no difference in the way of accessibility if they were made legal; you would, however, put illegal manufacturers and dealers out of business.

and it's not like there's millions of people who desperately want to do drugs but don't because it's illegal. if somebody really wants to do drugs, they're gonna do 'em. it's not hard to buy some smack or reefer off the streets.

10. shibe

shibe `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    the fact that something is easy and illegal isn't an argument to make something legal
    it's easy as fuck to get illegal fireworks here, drive over the border and buy it in germany, is that any reason to not enforce the law? no you'd get a lot of trouble, this goes as well with drugs that make you mentally unstable, weed is different as it's harder to become addicted to and has much less effects

11. dee pixel

dee pixel BillyJoeOrBust

Nebulae:
    yeah, except there's not a massive illegal fireworks trade that makes murderous psychopaths rich and is virtually invulnerable to any kind of police activity.

making drugs legal would wipe the problem out more efficiently than any police drug bust.

12. shibe

shibe `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    you'll just get an even bigger problem with guns as well, notice how everyone's yelling about "its the god damn mentally unstable that are ruining this country with weapons!!"
    those mentally unstable and addicted people will only grow once you make fucked up shit like cocaine/meth/opiates legal

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Rengar

Rengar Molecule

Nebulae:
    dee has a point actually. if people can get them really easily just make it legal so the criminals who sell them will lose control. The government can literally take control of the drug usage but that can either go very well or very poorly, since I don't trust governments. Especially America's government.

14. Blackquill

Blackquill Alex's Landlord
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    The war on drugs made it worse

Idk part of me wonders how quickly criminal economies based around drugs would collapse if they were made legal under the same standards as cigs or alcohol (License to sell, age restrictions) - both things that have proven to have a lot of harm on a human if used. I read recently that it only takes one drink or cig to be at risk for shit people rationalise as "oh its only if you overdo it".

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice