Tyrone's New™ and Improved™ 'art' thread

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hello.

Welcome to my thread. I will be showcasing some of my poses irregularly (when I feel like posing) in this thread. Join me on this journey and watch me improve or post absolute stinkers.

I only use GarrysMod and Photoshop for my pictures.

Without further ado, here are some things I have made in the past. I'll try to caption most of them.

pV2FBX5.jpg

Warsaw Pact tanker in the desert enjoying a cigarette. It's a bit too dark in my opinion. Overall I'm proud of it, even though it's quite simple.

hsNGcPP.jpg

Two Civil Protection officers pinned by a rebel using a PPsh-41. One cop appears to be dead, most likely ambushed whilst trying to enter the room. The picture is a bit dark and unclear in general. Not very happy with this one.

RQOrbtj.jpg

A generic mercenary holding an ADAR 1-5. I made this picture to play around with soft lamps and Photoshop effects. I like it but it's nothing to write home about in terms of complexity.

eLG4yuG.jpg

My first picture after taking a very long break from posing. Could have used a better model and made a scene on gm_black instead of using a map. Obviously not very proud of this one.

IfTDy8n.jpg

K8o6drM.jpg

Same scene but different angles and approaches. I was mainly messing around with larger scenebuilds and decided to make an inner city street while it's raining. The DOF effect has made it unclear sadly, so most of the scene can not be seen. It's alright but nothing special.

qH251Hb.jpg

I don't like this one. I scribbled some green and black on their faces to make it look like camouflage. At the time I did not know about masking in Photoshop. Not proud of this, but I will still post it.

8wHtceA.jpg

The OTA™ committing war crimes™. Found out about masking but still messed up the mud on their boots. A very simple scenebuild of just shrubbery and a dead guy. Nothing special.

l1zGc5y.jpg

My first pose involving a vehicle. A larger scenebuild and too much fire. The picture looks unclear and personally I do not like it. I was still learning at this point but that is no excuse.

lr8LWdl.jpg

Max Payne with a comically large M9.

z2H6pHy.jpg

A bit of an older piece. I tried to replicate this:
true-detective-opening-titles-6.jpg

I like it, but it would have looked better if I found a stretch of highway that resembled the one in the show's intro. With a bit more effort it would have looked better.

dfRsraO.jpg

This one is very old. No idea what I was trying to do here. Lighting on this map was awful. Don't use maps from CSGO! The posing is janky and the effects added in post aren't making it any better. I might redo this scene later down the line.

XkKwoHL.jpg

Another picture with another unnecessary overlay that adds nothing of value to it. The lighting in this one is weird. Not proud of it.

FkRxAdt.jpg

I put some effort into this one and I like it. However, the lighting origin is wrong. The poster is very obviously added in post and looks too shiny and high-res. The picture still holds value to me, I like it despite it's flaws.

AJBRg0I.jpg

An old picture inspired by the ration-riots of 2017, or was it 2016? I forget. I don't hate it, but I would have preferred a model that had more faceposing options.

SjJnYMg.jpg

An edgy photo with TnB models (LOL). Not much to add to it, I guess I was being edgy. The one on the right was not posed, which is a shame. It's a paused animation.

8iNsPIP.jpg

Quite an old one but I like it. It's the follow-up for this picture:
mPnFbhu.jpg

I was trying to mimic action-scenes from movies, but I ended up not liking that a lot. I've moved from that on to cinematic shots.

c8FbKdg.jpg

Cherry Coke and a nonce. Need I say more? The picture has no substance and is just a shitpost.

xSzOyUA.jpg

Another picture ruined by an overlay. I moved on from generic overlay png's I got from Google. I don't hate the picture, but the POLICE on the vest is like a flash grenade.

7b1vAEN.jpg

People seem to like this one but I don't. It's pretty edgy and looks deepfried. I grew out of that.

H97KMmb.jpg

Another image (surprising, I know) ruined by an overlay. The picture would have been great otherwise.

LIZuoZC.jpg

No comment.

kFed3AH.jpg

💀💀💀

TyIql9G.jpg

I tried and failed to make the face and city skyline appear as a gradient, like a fade-in. I don't hate it, but it would have been better if there was less. It's just a lot of loud noises.

8c4SDX0.jpg

Two paused animations and a guy that's too stiff. Lacklustre scenebuild. Come see me after class.

IpyMLru.jpg

I like this photo, but looking back at it, I would have preferred not to use copyrighted material. I make my own backgrounds nowadays.

nnDUxEw.jpg

I was making a pose and couldn't get the guy to look like he was tied to a chair, so I made a shitpost instead.

0NGj4eb.jpg

Good times on i17.

PQCLK6l.jpg

I made a pose of me, @The Red Devil and @GenericPlayer inspired by passive roleplay we had. The senator's back looks broken. Would have been a great photo otherwise.

k5j9JHO.jpg

This one just looks weird. Don't like it.

ZbPz7IW.jpg

I really wanted to make a 7 Hour War picture. The models were hard to pose. This picture consists of two. I had a separate background made in GMod and merged them together in Photoshop through masking.

kVopqal.jpg

Normal looking camouflage. Not a special picture. The hand looks messed up and ruins the photo for me.

aBKL3Ms.jpg

My most recent picture. I was bored so I conjured this one up. Soldier enjoying a campfire.

3J6VK2P.jpg

I tried to make it look like it's night-time, but it is detrimental to the picture. I like it though.

RMia4NB.jpg

A quick picture I made to practice a new masking technique. They are two separate photos.

VMGATog.jpg

And this one.

5dZyzM1.jpg

o85R989.jpg

My failed attempt at making a diorama. I did like the concept behind the picture. I always wanted to see CPs wear clothes appropriate to their tasks. APC crewmen would wear some kind of padded hat.

Well, that's all for now. Tell me what you think about the images down below.

And as always, you are all truly wonderful. Thanks for looking/reading :)

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My failed attempt at making a diorama. I did like the concept behind the picture. I always wanted to see CPs wear clothes appropriate to their tasks. APC crewmen would wear some kind of padded hat.

you need to pull out a fair bit more to do a diorama

and a 45 degree x and y angle for the camera is probably best

DioramaXymasVecherUG-Man2.png

beyond that shit looks good

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you need to pull out a fair bit more to do a diorama

and a 45 degree x and y angle for the camera is probably best

DioramaXymasVecherUG-Man2.png

beyond that shit looks good
did you make that? holy shit that's sex

thanks for the tips, glad you like my artwork :)

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
did you make that? holy shit that's sex

nah it's from the SFM discord I'm in, i haven't made any dioramas personally but i might try it

great repository of artwork to be inspired by though!

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
nah it's from the SFM discord I'm in, i haven't made any dioramas personally but i might try it

great repository of artwork to be inspired by though!
can you link it to me? i want more people to give me pointers and, as you said, get inspired by their portfolios. person that made that diorama is great

i refuse to adapt and use SFM. i tried it made me feel stupid

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can you link it to me? i want more people to give me pointers and, as you said, get inspired by their portfolios. person that made that diorama is great

i refuse to adapt and use SFM. i tried it made me feel stupid
https://discordapp.com/invite/hzq2GQa

note that its specifically for SFM so you wont get much advice specifically for gmod, but art theory, color theory, camera positioning, lighting, etc all still apply universally

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
I've nothing to add, but, this one:

8wHtceA.jpg

Looks fucking amazing. Probably should use that type of artstyle or perspective for military stuff, like generally it looks good. Great work!

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've nothing to add, but, this one:

8wHtceA.jpg

Looks fucking amazing. Probably should use that type of artstyle or perspective for military stuff, like generally it looks good. Great work!
thanks, i appreciate the compliment :)

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
by the by I’m free to teach you SFM if you want a crash course, it’s pretty simple once you get past the UI interface

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
by the by I’m free to teach you SFM if you want a crash course, it’s pretty simple once you get past the UI interface
i'll hit you up when i take that step, always good to diversify your portfolio. they are making fun of me in the sfm discord for being a gmod guy

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
z2H6pHy.jpg

A bit of an older piece. I tried to replicate this:
true-detective-opening-titles-6.jpg

I like it, but it would have looked better if I found a stretch of highway that resembled the one in the show's intro. With a bit more effort it would have looked better.
the one from the image looks like a three stacked roundabout interchange, I think its the Causeway Boulevard interchange in New Orleans, near their filming locations. I cant find any good images of it like they did for the show intro though
XmoBYkB.png

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the one from the image looks like a three stacked roundabout interchange, I think its the Causeway Boulevard interchange in New Orleans, near their filming locations. I cant find any good images of it like they did for the show intro though
XmoBYkB.png
I'll keep this post and the location in mind when I eventually recreate it. Thank you!

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I found some of my older poses through a lot of digging, since I posted them on some art discords. I'll post them here.

Lfu4IuS.png

@Rabid when you don't let him die on yet another hill. I tried to do a POV-style picture. My girlfriend requested I make a picture that's about Resident Evil, because she really likes that game. I made this for her.

JlVXpUs.jpg

This is my attempt at making a larger scaled scene. It is a bit too dark, grainy and well, dirty? I don't like it, and the subtitles don't help either.
Dm8l2ZU.jpg

This one does not have a caption.

Ae6ZjxD.png

This was my attempt to recreate an older scene. Sadly, it became fucked while I was working on it. I do not know why the lighting died in this one. Here is the raw version:
DHODD9X.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I found some of my older poses through a lot of digging, since I posted them on some art discords. I'll post them here.

Lfu4IuS.png

@Rabid when you don't let him die on yet another hill. I tried to do a POV-style picture. My girlfriend requested I make a picture that's about Resident Evil, because she really likes that game. I made this for her.
jmbg9yzbprf21.jpg