U T O P I A

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

Utopia aired on channel 4 at the start of 2013, its pretty short, only about 12 episodes across 2 seasons, unfortunately, season 3 was cancelled although I don't think season 2 ends on a cliffhanger.

The show makes great use of colour, wide screenshots and centring the action.
I don't want to spoil the story, but in short, it's about innocent people getting caught up in a global coverup.

It's a cynical and violent TV series and has some really fucking tense moments and an excellent story. Highly recommend.

Utopia_-_Capture_d%27%C3%A9cran.jpg

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Missed the wave bub

Lots of the old fags watched this in 2014/13 when it came out

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Missed the wave bub

Lots of the old fags watched this in 2014/13 when it came out
epic

still gonna recommend it to people who haven't watched it

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

the american version looks fucking god awful

its like a trailer for a marvel movie, it's a disappointing, genric American thriller where everything is in your face with le epic loud music and no subtlety

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

the american version looks fucking god awful

its like a trailer for a marvel movie, it's a disappointing, genric American thriller where everything is in your face with le epic loud music and no subtlety

Glad to see that americans continue to miss the point

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
just finished season 2

a damn shame they never made a third, takes the cake for one of my favorite tv series so far

Husky

Nebulae
just finished season 2

a damn shame they never made a third, takes the cake for one of my favorite tv series so far
recently finished it as well, it's absolutely mindboggling how it wasn't more popular at it's time. I tried to watch the american version after I finished and I could not make it twenty minutes into the show.

They did Arby fucking dirty as a character God damn did they ruin his character, and Lee too. Lee's TV presenter calm charisma is just gone in wake of American douchebagery and it's literally like they just portrayed Arby as autistic, I swear to God they just read the DSM-5 of Aspergers syndrome and made that Arby's character.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
recently finished it as well, it's absolutely mindboggling how it wasn't more popular at it's time. I tried to watch the american version after I finished and I could not make it twenty minutes into the show.

They did Arby fucking dirty as a character God damn did they ruin his character, and Lee too. Lee's TV presenter calm charisma is just gone in wake of American douchebagery and it's literally like they just portrayed Arby as autistic, I swear to God they just read the DSM-5 of Aspergers syndrome and made that Arby's character.
I've not seen the American adaptation of it, but I figured it'd just be a bastardization anyway.

I can't see Pietre being anyone other than Maskell at this point, Denham playing him gives me uncanny valley vibes.