Serious UK Education - GCSEs and A(S)-Level Exams

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Deleted member 7085, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Boris Johnson had unveiled in parliament today (12/10/2020) that all GCSE and A(S)-Level exams will proceed in the summer of 2021. How will it work?

From what we (or more that I) know, exams will proceed normally as they are usually done, except that exams are to be pushed back by 3 weeks, commencing the first week of June.

What are your guys' opinions on it?

Me personally, I think it's a good idea that students in England (at least) will be given the chance to have a proper go at their exams, instead of having to rely on Mock exams and teacher-assessed grades. The push back also gives us a few more weeks to revise these upcoming summer exams, giving us better preparation. However, it also disrupts the natural timetable that has been going on for many years.

Unfortunately, in other area's, GCSE and A(S)-Level exams are to not proceed, such as in Scotland, as announced by Nicola Sturgeon around 5 days ago. This puts more pressure onto the students sitting these exams as they now have to ensure that all work they do in class is to the best of their ability, no final chance to redeem themselves if they slip up.

Start a discussion, convey your idea's and opinions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. aperson

aperson Molecule

Nebulae:
    I don't mind sitting exams, I prefer them over the shit that happened last time
    What I don't like is the 3 weeks delay when we missed about 3-4 months of learning in school.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. constantdisplay

constantdisplay Molecule

Nebulae:
    three weeks for missed time ranging from 3-6 months of learning depending on how bad the school handled lockdown is pretty awful

not really surprised though, its not like the education board has even been shown to give a shit about students mental health or crushing amounts of work lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. big chungus

big chungus Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Just give everyone an A man

5. Not that simple, but we all wish it was

6. Postal

Postal Atom

Nebulae:
    bj moulting and having tons of dandruff all over his suit live on air symbolizes how badly they treated the whole education system during this pandemic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice