Umbrella Academy - Netflix

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Possible spoilers in the trailer. Viewer discretion advised.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's been sucked into this.

Just recently Netflix released an original series of the comic book made by Gerard Way (former MCR frontman) "The Umbrella Academy" and oh my god I am absolutely in love with the TV adaption.

If you like super heroes or Marvel/DC this is absolutely up your alley. Highly recommend for anyone of that crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Chiverz

Vault Boy
Nebulae
Watched it all in a day mate, thoroughly enjoyed it all. Klaus was 100% my favourite character throughout.

Cindy

Nebulae
Watched it all in a day mate, thoroughly enjoyed it all. Klaus was 100% my favourite character throughout.

I think my profile picture illustrates who was my favourite but I enjoyed the hell out of Klaus and Ben's shenanigans.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
I think my profile picture illustrates who was my favourite but I enjoyed the hell out of Klaus and Ben's shenanigans.
i like ellen page shes a cutie but i honestly think vanya was a little bit bland

LUTHER THE GORILLA ALL THE WAY

Breathing ツ

Quark
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i thoroughly enjoyed it. i liked vanya in the beginning, slowly started to not really like her as much. klaus and luther were prob my favorites. at some parts the writing was kinda ehhh, but overall a very good watch.

Cindy

Nebulae
Spoilers ahead.

I can't say I agree, I think Ellen Page reflected Vanya wonderfully as someone who thought they were mundane. The only thing I was upset with personally was the alienation she received from the rest of the team at the end simply because in my heart I really didn't want her to be the villain, but it was still phenomenally executed. The best villains are the ones that can justify their actions and Vanya is among such.

Speaking as an amateur screenwriter there were somethings that were a bit odd (like some of the dialogue with the Handler) but other than that quite enjoyed the adaption from the comic. They were 1:1 with a lot of things but they changed up a little bit with Vanya and I think it was for the better. The whole first season has me yearning for more- especially more from Vanya/Number 7/The White Violin.

Luther was a bit more interesting later on but initially I was a bit bored of him. His interactions with Allison really highlighted his character a lot and also the clumsiness that came with his size like knocking around the model planes in his room was great.

Last edited:

Cindy

Nebulae
i laughed way to hard when klaus went to vietnam

that was one of my favourite scenes too tho i was hoping he'd prove that he was in vietnam so the other bar patrons would have to let him stay lol

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
5 has great acting skills, considering he is only 15 that kid is gonna go places for sure

>Luna

Proton
Nebulae
aidan played a nearly 60 year old man being stuck inside of a 13 year olds body so convincingly i forgot that he genuinely isnt a grumpy old man with a caffeine addiction irl. ive been super hyped about TUA since the comics, and the netflix adaptation well and truly lived up to that hype for me

the parts where vanya slit allison's throat with her powers, and klaus manifested ben to the point where he could use his powers to fight in the final episode had my jaw absolutely HANGING

Cindy

Nebulae
actually mad that i watched all of this as soon as it came out because that means i have to wait that much longer for season 2 im gonna die

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I thought it was pretty okay.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ending was pretty gay in regards to the antagonist

didn't like the sudden switch in character where they litterally turn into a robot

Cindy

Nebulae
ending was pretty gay in regards to the antagonist

didn't like the sudden switch in character where they litterally turn into a robot

yeah the ending def could have been a bit better

also i hated how allison used her powers a grand total of no times at all except for when she tried to use it on vanya

i hope season 2 makes up for that

>Luna

Proton
Nebulae
seriously hoping that five taking them all to a different timeline and them all becoming younger again means that allison's throat gets healed, otherwise rip alisons only power LMAO

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
seriously hoping that five taking them all to a different timeline and them all becoming younger again means that allison's throat gets healed, otherwise rip alisons only power LMAO
i think ben will return in a diff timeline

>Luna

Proton
Nebulae
i think ben will return in a diff timeline
i hope so - when five opened the portal for all of them ben got younger too, so maybe going back to a certain point would bring him back?? fuck knows