Unable to download / install .net framework on windows 8.1

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Its lonely here looks like ive left
Nebulae
basically when i try to install it begins to download the files but the bar never progresses and it goes to say it failed to install
[doublepost=1483392826][/doublepost]Just a side note, i need NET framework 3.5 installed so i can run Crafty and VTF Edit if that helps with fixing the problems

Creeper Joe

Neutrino
Nebulae
Do you have Administrator Priveleges on your PC? It may be a dumb thing to ask, but .NET Framework requires Administrator Privileges to download.

Aside from that, what is the exact error it spits out? Can you write it out/take a screenshot? What OS are you on? Etc. etc.

In fact, what probably would be best for you for us to help you out would be to make a dxdiag and place it in this thread, this way we can see your specs and other relevant information about your pc.

Last edited:

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
Do you have Administrator Priveleges on your PC? It may be a dumb thing to ask, but .NET Framework requires Administrator Privileges to download.

Aside from that, what is the exact error it spits out? Can you write it out/take a screenshot? What OS are you on? Etc. etc.

In fact, what probably would be best for you for us to help you out would be to make a dxdiag and place it in this thread, this way we can see your specs and other relevant information about your pc.
how would i do a dxdiag and ill take pics on my phone of the error

Creeper Joe

Neutrino
Nebulae
Assuming you are on Windows 7/8/10, press the Windows button/key, select the searchbar and type in dxdiag. A program will show up called dxdiag. Once you open it there's a button at the bottom right with "Save All Information...". Click that and put the saved .txt file wherever you please on your hard drive. Then upload it to this thread (whether it be by a third party hosting site or attaching it to a post, whatever).

If you are on Windows XP, press the Windows button/key then press the Run button. Insert Dxdiag, then do the same as above.

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
Assuming you are on Windows 7/8/10, press the Windows button/key, select the searchbar and type in dxdiag. A program will show up called dxdiag. Once you open it there's a button at the bottom right with "Save All Information...". Click that and put the saved .txt file wherever you please on your hard drive. Then upload it to this thread (whether it be by a third party hosting site or attaching it to a post, whatever).

If you are on Windows XP, press the Windows button/key then press the Run button. Insert Dxdiag, then do the same as above.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wph9hqer0ict507/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Creeper Joe

Neutrino
Nebulae
Are any of these errors the same as yours? If not, please state/show which one it actually is.
0x800f0906
0x800f0907
0x800f081f

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
Are any of these errors the same as yours? If not, please state/show which one it actually is.
0x800f0906
0x800f0907
0x800f081f
what happens is i start to install it and when it says downloading files it just stays there and doesnt do anything, ive tried waiting but in the end ive had to cancel it

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
3.5 is installed by default on windows 7 64bits and above, no?

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
Try installing this.
[doublepost=1483397332][/doublepost]

Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 do not come with 3.5
tried to install it and the command window closes when i run the program, will try a restart and see what happens
[doublepost=1483398449][/doublepost]Update: the tool you sent did not work, im going to bed and will try to sort tomorrow please sent other fixes if you have any

Creeper Joe

Neutrino
Nebulae
Try running CMD as an admin and copy/paste this into it.

Code:
taskkill /im TiWorker.exe /f
net stop wuauserv /y
rmdir "%systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" /s /q
del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" /s /f /q
cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All

Cmdr. Friendly Enginer

Nebulae
CONFIRMED AS FIXED, REINSTALLED WINDOWS FULLY AND IT WORKS FINE

lOCK THIS THREAD UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM