Unable to join any garry's mod server

• Thread starter Deleted member 372
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 372

No matter what server i attempt to join it just says connecting until it eventually times out and say: Failed to connect after six tries.

Couldnt find anything on the issue other then the things i tried and idk how to fix it

Reactions: List

jimbo 2

Electron
Nebulae
No matter what server i attempt to join it just says connecting until it eventually times out and say: Failed to connect after six tries.

Couldnt find anything on the issue other then the things i tried and idk how to fix it
Hahahaha guess who's missing the event ahahahahhaha
[doublepost=1609559221][/doublepost]Ur internet was being pretty dodgy this morning so maybe just give it a day

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what did you try?

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was on vanilla then i switched to chromium to see if that would help and it almost made it worse I think since i started seeing unable to find servers in the menu
[doublepost=1609560694][/doublepost]
adding +clientport 27006 and changing a setting in steam
try just completely uninstalling it and reinstalling gmod, that’s always fixed my issues

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Gmod's so scuffed it could be all kinds of shit

Amount of addons
Certain addons themselves

Try connecting via the IP directly through console maybe?

D

Deleted member 372

Gmod's so scuffed it could be all kinds of shit

Amount of addons
Certain addons themselves

Try connecting via the IP directly through console maybe?
yea i have tried that ill just do a clean wipe but i think it has to do with my internet since i can play every other game fine

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Delete and unsubscribe from all addons, delete all temp downloaded files and resubscribe to the essential content only

Switch to 64 version

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
Had an issue similar to this where I could only join specific servers but never the ones I wanted to.
The issue was due to some port-forwarding shenanigans done router setting side for a Minecraft server.
If you're aware you've done anything like that might need to look into the exceptions set in the router settings.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
I had the same problem when I was living in different accomodation and I had to use a VPN to connect to certain servers like HL2RP. Its the IP just being blocked or something in the port forwarding messed up.

Click 'view game info' of someone on the server and if the server doesnt respond this is your issue.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
his ip, he got a vpn
Solution was changing IP via a VPN, a workaround is probably requesting a new IP if you have a static one or restarting your modem if you have a dynamic
Good to know these things in case of people having the same issue.

I'm sure you've all had your fair share of 'pmed you the fix'

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.