Unable to See Player Models/ Blurry Screen

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hello

Sorry if this has been addressed but I could not find the answer. When I log onto the server and try to create a character all of the character models are errors. I thought I downloaded all of the content packs on steam but perhaps I am missing something. Please help.

o5ca45.png

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
First make sure you got HL2, HL2 Episode 1 & 2 and Counter Strike Source installed and mounted. (The controller icon on the main menu) And make sure you have launched those games at least once.

Make sure you downloaded the content for the server:

The Half Life 2 Server: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673094991

The World War 3 Server: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786136009

Make sure you have restarted Garry's Mod and given the content time to get stored.
[doublepost=1502574159][/doublepost]Taking a wild guess from the blurry background picture of the character menu, I guess you are on the Half Life 2 server.
So if you are missing the Citizen models, I'd likely say it is caused by not having the Half Life 2 games.

00kikosk00

Neutrino
Nebulae
I have the same issue even with some items in inventory and crafting menu even though i have All hl2 games and css mounted and have All the content packs so im pretty sure doing just that wont help

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
I have the same issue even with some items in inventory and crafting menu even though i have All hl2 games and css mounted and have All the content packs so im pretty sure doing just that wont help
Checked if the content got updated?

00kikosk00

Neutrino
Nebulae
Checked if the content got updated?
Steam says that i have All the 47 addons and if i have old addons they auto update but i will try to find something to fix this if possible and post it here so it can help the thread creator too

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
I made sure all of the games were mounted, uploaded all the add ons and still no luck. I will mess around with some stuff to see if I can find a solution.

Mak

String
Nebulae
You may need to download Zelpa's 'Enhanced Citizens V4' mod from the workshop. I've been having the same issue, and noted that the missing models aren't the Vanilla HL2 ones, they're all from Enhanced Citizens. Unfortunately for me, Enhanced Citizens just doesn't want to co-operate with me, though I've never heard of anyone else having this issue, and I've been researching this for a few hours so it should work for you.

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
You may need to download Zelpa's 'Enhanced Citizens V4' mod from the workshop. I've been having the same issue, and noted that the missing models aren't the Vanilla HL2 ones, they're all from Enhanced Citizens. Unfortunately for me, Enhanced Citizens just doesn't want to co-operate with me, though I've never heard of anyone else having this issue, and I've been researching this for a few hours so it should work for you.

Awesome thank you, I will try that.

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
Edit: Also Ive notice my screen is a bit blurry versus the screenshots on the forums. I am playing on a 2011 Macbook Pro (Yeah I know I am a dork) I don't want to clog up the forum with too many threads. Any suggestions?

xd5doz.png

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Edit: Also Ive notice my screen is a bit blurry versus the screenshots on the forums. I am playing on a 2011 Macbook Pro (Yeah I know I am a dork) I don't want to clog up the forum with too many threads. Any suggestions?

xd5doz.png
get glasses. Check game cache?

Votra

Retired
Nebulae

xd5doz.png

pp_dof "0"

alternatively

hold Q > Post-Processing > Uncheck Depth of Field (and everything else for that matter...)

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
get glasses. Check game cache?

Done and done.

pp_dof "0"

alternatively

hold Q > Post-Processing > Uncheck Depth of Field (and everything else for that matter...)

I already made sure everything is uncheck in post-processing and that typing pp_dof 0 in console did nothing. I notice also when I am loading into the server it has to reupload a few of the files. I just might be out of luck.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Done and done.

I already made sure everything is uncheck in post-processing and that typing pp_dof 0 in console did nothing. I notice also when I am loading into the server it has to reupload a few of the files. I just might be out of luck.

You're not out of luck. Check your resolution, make sure its the same as your monitor's native resolution.

Reactions: List

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
You're not out of luck. Check your resolution, make sure its the same as your monitor's native resolution.

Hey I think that worked, now I can look at the screen and not get a head-ache. I might tinker with a few things to make things go a little bit more smooth.

Reactions: List

KillerSpace

Neutrino
Nebulae
Is everything fine now?

Well the good news is that after uninstalling all the files for Garry's Mod and unsubscribed my add ons and added everything back I can see the models and with the native resolution however when I tried it earlier I came across two issues. Some of the font for tips/ forbidden area is cut off. Also I could only play a few minutes at a time before the game crashed. Still working on it. I might have to deal with the blurriness because my computer can't handle the high resolution.