Bug Unable to steal items from a house

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Priority: High-ish? Means the money from robbery is even lower and it's already low
Description: Been getting this one bug almost consistently for the last 2 weeks or so.

Whenever I go to rob a house, when I go to steal an item (i.e. microwave, TV, laptop), I'll get the loading bar to steal and item, and it'll complete but actually fail to get the item. I'll attempt 3-4 times and each time end up with nothing. I think it has something to do with triggering the alarm first as I'm about to leave then going to steal the item.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Break into a house
2. 'Search' and grab money, beer, whatever
3. Leave the 'Steal' item to last
4. Trigger the alarm, sprint to the item you're going to steal
5. Run the loading bar several times, each time end up with nothing.
6. Leave disappointed

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Priority: High-ish? Means the money from robbery is even lower and it's already low
Description: Been getting this one bug almost consistently for the last 2 weeks or so.

Whenever I go to rob a house, when I go to steal an item (i.e. microwave, TV, laptop), I'll get the loading bar to steal and item, and it'll complete but actually fail to get the item. I'll attempt 3-4 times and each time end up with nothing. I think it has something to do with triggering the alarm first as I'm about to leave then going to steal the item.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Break into a house
2. 'Search' and grab money, beer, whatever
3. Leave the 'Steal' item to last
4. Trigger the alarm, sprint to the item you're going to steal
5. Run the loading bar several times, each time end up with nothing.
6. Leave disappointed

The reason you couldn't grab the TV was that you were at 7.8KG and the TV weighs 10KG. You can only hold a maximum weight of 17KG.

So when you tried to grab the TV, you didn't have enough available inventory weight to take on the TV item.

I will try taking a look in the future at possibly adding a notification for cases where you're overweight while attempting to grab something that exceeds your current capacity.

Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The reason you couldn't grab the TV was that you were at 7.8KG and the TV weighs 10KG. You can only hold a maximum weight of 17KG.

So when you tried to grab the TV, you didn't have enough available inventory weight to take on the TV item.

I will try taking a look in the future at possibly adding a notification for cases where you're overweight while attempting to grab something that exceeds your current capacity.
Oh gawd you're a genius man, lol I didn't even notice I can't believe it. It happened multiple times as well, I was like man wtf is going on XD

Didn't even take the time to consider that inventory weight was a thing!