Unhinged - FEEDBACK THREAD

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Thank you to those who participated in the event.

Don't neb this post ffs, neb the one @Erid will no doubt make under it soon since it was his but I'm posting it on his behalf since he's eepy x

Cheers to @Laura @Pyromancer as well for their outstanding help as always.

SJu1Zv9.jpg

EH77SCI.png

pE5nqyG.png

@shad @Phil from MyPillow @surra @kifer @Appetite Ruining Kebab

Hey there, not much to say besides the point of the thread is for feedback so we’ll know what details of the event you enjoyed so we can emulate them in future events (which are bound to happen because I had a blast doing this one), or which points of the event you found less enjoyable so we’ll know to steer clear of them, or in general any suggestions that might have occurred to you during/after it happened.

Additionally I’d like to thank both the players and staff that participated (@TommyGman @Laura @Pyromancer ) you were all instrumental in the event and I couldn’t have done it without you.
Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I think “Unhinged” is a good title for the event, didn’t give it much thought but off the top of my head that’s what I’d go with.

Last edited:

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
easily one of the best events i've personally been apart of, big thanks to everyone who worked on it

the voice acting was also a surprising but welcome touch

Reactions: List

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the voice acting was also a surprising but welcome touch
AI generated characters are that far ahead now using them in events as voices for a key character, from a speaker or tape in this example, doesn't feel so intimidating anymore or like they'd be out of place. I think they can actually add a whole lot of realism and depth to the setting, especially when you can add some real fucking punchy emotion in there.

Generating all the voices and audio among other things was my piece of this bigger pie, and one I /thoroughly/ enjoyed doing. I had around 6-7 different versions of every line with different parameters and tone, and editing them together to a cohesive sentence and personality was insanely cool to watch unfold ahead of me, felt like I was exploring some real fascinating ideas I'm definitely gonna use again in the future.

Nebulae
AI generated characters are that far ahead now using them in events as voices for a key character, from a speaker or tape in this example, doesn't feel so intimidating anymore or like they'd be out of place. I think they can actually add a whole lot of realism and depth to the setting, especially when you can add some real fucking punchy emotion in there.

Generating all the voices and audio among other things was my piece of this bigger pie, and one I /thoroughly/ enjoyed doing. I had around 6-7 different versions of every line with different parameters and tone, and editing them together to a cohesive sentence and personality was insanely cool to watch unfold ahead of me, felt like I was exploring some real fascinating ideas I'm definitely gonna use again in the future.

this felt fucking revolutionary tbh, great experiment

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Hey there, not much to say besides the point of the thread is for feedback so we’ll know what details of the event you enjoyed so we can emulate them in future events (which are bound to happen because I had a blast doing this one), or which points of the event you found less enjoyable so we’ll know to steer clear of them, or in general any suggestions that might have occurred to you during/after it happened.

Additionally I’d like to thank both the players and staff that participated (@TommyGman @Laura @Pyromancer ) you were all instrumental in the event and I couldn’t have done it without you.
Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I think “Unhinged” is a good title for the event, didn’t give it much thought but off the top of my head that’s what I’d go with.

Nebulae
my sole and singular nitpick is that the electrified water segment dragged on a bit - it's not a good idea in principle to leave 4 of your 5 players with nothing to do for 20(?) minutes. it was engaging to watch and great roleplay but it did feel like it got in the way of pacing

other than that i really liked the "unforgiving" atmosphere of the event - we were basically one mistake away from a fatal incident at a few points there and i appreciated that the event runners didnt pull many punches & respected the players' intelligence

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
my sole and singular nitpick is that the electrified water segment dragged on a bit - it's not a good idea in principle to leave 4 of your 5 players with nothing to do for 20(?) minutes. it was engaging to watch and great roleplay but it did feel like it got in the way of pacing

other than that i really liked the "unforgiving" atmosphere of the event - we were basically one mistake away from a fatal incident at a few points there and i appreciated that the event runners didnt pull many punches & respected the players' intelligence
Noted, the intention was that you were able to follow the plate and maybe throw some of the other wooden props towards them to help them progress if they didn’t want to hang off the pipe, though again noted, will make segments like those clearer in future events.
Thanks for the feedback!

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
Noted, the intention was that you were able to follow the plate and maybe throw some of the other wooden props towards them to help them progress if they didn’t want to hang off the pipe, though again noted, will make segments like those clearer in future events.
Thanks for the feedback!
yeah to add onto this we realised like 5-10 minutes in that you guys didn't have much to do because you (smartly) decided that following somebody into electrified death water and potentially setting people off balance wasn't a smart thing to do in character, even if it meant you got to do something

we were gonna have something break in up top to keep you guys occupied but it felt a bit cheap and was a bit too on the spot so we didn't go through with it

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
With the rapid progress of TTS AI, I can honestly see that a few years down the line, text RP servers might let players customize a voice for their character, and give each player a distinct voice over everytime they speak

Could also probably take the text out of the text chat, and have it be subtitles above the characters aswell maybe, although that'd be a bit hardcore

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
With the rapid progress of TTS AI, I can honestly see that a few years down the line, text RP servers might let players customize a voice for their character, and give each player a distinct voice over everytime they speak

Could also probably take the text out of the text chat, and have it be subtitles above the characters aswell maybe, although that'd be a bit hardcore
At that point you might as well add VC