Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
wanted to get an idea of what everyones thoughts on the launch are, any changes you want to see as the server progresses, things you like, and things you've hated.

I'm personally really happy with how this launch has went.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Screenshot_2023-01-09_at_22.29.47.png

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i have a good pc and it flickers about but for the most part it's been decent
it really is just long sightlines that cause issues (which isn't a surprise whatsoever)
----
my biggest criticisms right now are that the one ramp by the big pipe that leads towards the prison, the one to the top of the rocks, you gotta crouchhop on it to get up top that's kinda wack but people got used to it quick. criticism is to place it at a different angle or higher
---
uhhhhhhhh it's kinda lame that the leadup to the arc happened today but that was it with the followup planned tomorrow
----
rp is good though, having fun talking to new players, it's nice not having to be uber descriptive on things and having a chance to give new players some good times, really cool and rad
--
i don't really like how the rebel base got water, i was prepping to have people get jugs in-character and do water runs since the water pipes being near the prison meant actual risk for a basic survival resource, it's 100% understandable since tons of people were thirsty but i'd rather it disappear and us have to resort to risk for stuff. idk if people got that water source in-character though but i think it should be considered for water-runs if things get slow maybe
---
enjoying everything else, i just really want to kill cops now and get killed by cops

9/10

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
performance is so severely fucked that it drains me 2 be on, ive been on all day and my reoccuring hiccup with most of the event is "holy. fucking. shit. this performance is not okay." first it started with looking at the prison from anywhere or sort of left to it was 3 fps, then it steadied to 15 and 30-40 everywhere else, then everything went to shit and i was consistently 10fps everywhere and anywhere which idk if anyone can do anything about but yeah that will fuck up ANYONES experience, + 300 ping but im a yankee coasting off 200 ping for years so i now know how aussies finally feel like

though moving on to like, what aspects can be changed or whatnot, i think the separation of the prison and the lakebed allll the way down is a cool dynamic in theory, but the way its applied is having an actual mapped interior with interactable nodes and built portions of the map and i guess areas to rp in and can be propped to be livable only containing 30, maybe 35% of the playerbase, whilst the rest are down in the pits of prop-built sand dunes isn't working out. i think the prison should've been divided and under siege, buildings under lockdown by differing groups of rebels and cops, which may feel lackluster in the downtime, but during pop it'd be pretty fucking intense to have barricaded sections of the prison and real close quarters combat feel--or if not the prison, the buildings between it and the lighthouse with admin-guided tug of wars. thats a really subjective opinion, i just think it'd help with performance to not have to render the entire prison from down there and have so many fucking props in the lake bed.

i think the rebels are an odd-mix of ooc self-importance and not propping up the shitty new guys who come up, some are really great and look out for people who look new, like a guy came up and gave me headcrab meat for no reason cuz he thought i looked hungry and looked willing to rp with me, and others sort of shut you out, people don't act like 'people'.

the same group who will prosecute you for murder will then roleplay telling bluesuits to go punch landmines and be careless about death and treat the little guys like they're non-factors, inconsiderate parts to the story. i see a lot of looc and ooc snark and its not good for a player.

i had fun seeing a really new guy who actually typed decently and treating him like the messiah ala matrix rp and helping him escape from cops and being all cryptic and shit. @ovxy was good help on that front

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I didnt play on the rebel side, went full cop main. It was fun. Massive shitshow from time to time but i revel in chaos. Its nice to finally team up with ota, seeing them being demystified

Hurling abuse at citizens was also a nice touch. I have no good reason for doing this other than;

Nebulae
there was a doctor strangelove character speaking like richtofen from call of duty and asking players to touch sea mines alongside with who i surmised was one of the resistance ringleaders. i thought this was supposed to be for a mini-event. it was not. i promptly logged off my rebel.

Nebulae
I really like how the event is going and also the big space wasteland atmosphere is amazing, can't say more since i haven't been able to play that much due to personal things but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to play more.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
My perspective is as follows:

I've played solely on my cop throughout the entire server so far. I particularly enjoyed the prison event and have enjoyed what the cop side has had to offer. I have heard that the rebel side isn't as good though with problems with minges, roleplay quality base design, and more.

I'll say the one complaint that I have had as a cop is regarding combat at the current moment. We see rebels running around and all of this stuff and we've barely done anything. I'm not particularly irked right now because the passive RP has been fun but I am hoping to get out there and troll a bit. This also builds into my complaints about some restraints around cops.

I haven't had a super big issue with the lag other than today.

One thing that I do have an issue with (so far) is story. While I'm wondering how the prison will develop (ala, how will either the CMB or Rebels win) I'm more concerned about what I've seen so far. The broadcasts during the riot / prison escape felt weird? The story didn't make much sense to me with shit like "these riots being a test", etc. Furthermore the numerous spelling mistakes 'prision' and 'acension' stuck out like sore thumbs and took me out even further. It was blatant and common enough for me to notice it, not just a one off statement. It also seems (per some other feedback) that the story hasn't been great for rebels so far.

That's it.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
my biggest complaint about this event is that i dont have garrys mod installed im not sure how @Numbers intended for me to play the event when i dont have garrys mod installed can this be looked at as soon as possible and fixed

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
there was a doctor strangelove character speaking like richtofen from call of duty and asking players to touch sea mines alongside with who i surmised was one of the resistance ringleaders. i thought this was supposed to be for a mini-event. it was not. i promptly logged off my rebel.
next time please just kill them, if they aren't willing to at least talk to new people (y'know, actually doing their job leading an insurgency) they should get the rope.

Nebulae
next time please just kill them, if they aren't willing to at least talk to new people (y'know, actually doing their job leading an insurgency) they should get the rope.
an unarmed bluesuit said he was going to blow off strangelove’s nazi balls and then another ‘resistance leader’ walked over and shot the bluesuit. i walked over and attempted to tackle the person who shot him, rolled, and the person started an looc debacle so bad that after a few minutes of chaos both in chat and in-game (someone accidentally knocked another player out with a stunstick) i slipped away because i had no intention to deal with that nor roleplay with those people any further.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
anyone unironically think a city but with no union locks at all would be fun to play in

picture c8 or something where combine control just the nexus, rebels control another large part of the map and essentially the rest of the city is a wasteland and free for all discourse. maybe i17 as part of a region of c17 that has fallen and is still b eing defended. picture groups taking over entire apartment blocks like their own nexus. it'd definitely allow for more exciting combat than just "i see a guy over there. let's not engage them tho :p"

idk i love urban environments and i prefer them over vast, wasteland distances where i have to squint to make out a silhouette of someone or something 300 meters away

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
anyone unironically think a city but with no union locks at all would be fun to play in

picture c8 or something where combine control just the nexus, rebels control another large part of the map and essentially the rest of the city is a wasteland and free for all discourse. maybe i17 as part of a region of c17 that has fallen and is still b eing defended. picture groups taking over entire apartment blocks like their own nexus

idk i love urban environments and i prefer them over vast, wasteland distances where i have to squint to make out a silhouette of someone or something 300 meters away
I would really like to do a city uprising scenario at some point in this iteration.
establishing resistance and growing strength in the outskirts, before moving into the combine cities to destabilise them.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I yearn for nightfall filled with naught but the sounds of swamp bugs, birds and the occasional whispers of a horror indescribable by human language that inhabits the Pinsk Marshes

D1F6B58EDE03561AB180A433D0F03A4E4CCE4480

6427BDCEB256A9AE2CFDC777B4C855D39938ED33

414256AED62BE4E57F74AFEDC84152B628F470AA

Nebulae
From the first day the server feels like playing the exact same version that was here before, with barely any improvements (if any) towards the rebelRP scene.
server performance is dog shit, people keep crying about fps and lag issues for literally 4th day straight
I don't know who said it's a good idea to only let rebel groups distribute guns amongst the Rebel scene while giving them 1 gun per member, soft locking out the new players and even the established ones with connections from ever getting a gun.
Dumb idea was also to give event snow-flake rebel characters entity weapons so that others can't get them when they die
Loot spots still give lead pipes, cans of ham and occasional dirty water as per usual
Admins tell us they don't want to spoonfed the community, yet the only thing that average player is really capable of doing is to passiveRP at the camp for 24/7 it seems.
I enjoyed the prison part of the event the most, but there was no help from admins to encourage the end riot (Like enabling NLR rules so people can propely portray what a prison riot would actually looked like) besides spawning people free shivs. The riot sort of just happened without any internal RP from actual rioters.

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I yearn for nightfall filled with naught but the sounds of swamp bugs, birds and the occasional whispers of a horror indescribable by human language that inhabits the Pinsk Marshes

D1F6B58EDE03561AB180A433D0F03A4E4CCE4480

6427BDCEB256A9AE2CFDC777B4C855D39938ED33

414256AED62BE4E57F74AFEDC84152B628F470AA

these images have convinced me for Waystation

Status
Not open for further replies.