Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
man i love it when combine players decide to push right to the entrance of the bunker at borderline dead hours and then getting completely ignored by the staff that i know for a fact are online after it happens

as far as im aware we in no way shape or form provoked it, we went out to kill some antlions and the only interaction we had with cops was them shooting at some guy with a glass bottle for a weapon

ok ive just now learned that apparently some random dumbfuck rebel thought it'd be funny to throw a frag grenade near the combine base or some shit

since when did we go back to the archaic mentality of "if 1 idiot do thing = ruin everybody else's rp"

how the fuck do you expect me to "just ignore the fights" when they are literally at the front entrance of our fucking base
a grenade was thrown at us when we went a foot outside our base to RP with something that happened down the road and injured units, so we went to kill the guy who threw the grenade.

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
a grenade was thrown at us when we went a foot outside our base to RP with something that happened down the road and injured units, so we went to kill the guy who threw the grenade.
ok well something needs to change because the actions of one retard cannot continue to equal 'go and ruin everybody else's rp'

i understand how fuckin annoying it'd be for you guys to have some random shithead screw with your rp esp this early, but two wrongs aint gonna make a right

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
ok well something needs to change because the actions of one retard cannot continue to equal 'go and ruin everybody else's rp'

i understand how fuckin annoying it'd be for you guys to have some random shithead screw with your rp esp this early, but two wrongs aint gonna make a right
do you have a tangible suggestion for us to retaliate for 1 person's actions like that? you can always self-police and take care of those people yourselves. once we killed the guy who threw it, we left

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
what happened to rebels executing instigators when they obstruct the majority

OskarDemus

Proton
Nebulae
thats a slippery slope because what you'll end up with is HELIX 1 rebels who are to scared to do anything againts the combine because they might get shot by people on their own side

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
you can always self-police and take care of those people yourselves.
how do you expect us to find out which random motherfucker threw a grenade at you when we were all in the bunker trying to roleplay

we had a discussion already that policing rebels is next to impossible

once we killed the guy who threw it, we left
after killing a few others as well yeah

do you have a tangible suggestion for us to retaliate for 1 person's actions like that?
yes, disallow people who dont attack with a large enough team (say, 5-6+ rebels) from returning to the bunker for 10-15 mins after their attack

this is an issue older than @key himself

99% of the time you cannot discern who the fuck did it

OskarDemus

Proton
Nebulae
yes, disallow people who dont attack with a large enough team (say, 5-6+ rebels) from returning to the bunker for 10-15 mins after their attack
thats actually not a bad suggestion but It should just be made that the bunker is an OOC protected zone (dont know why it isnt), and if anyone regardless of group size does offensive action they are not allowed to enter it for a set period of time

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I’m surprised this isn’t a thing but I guess the fact combine doesn’t really need a reason to raid most areas of the bunker plays into the fact

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I’m surprised this isn’t a thing but I guess the fact combine doesn’t really need a reason to raid most areas of the bunker plays into the fact
we dont really need a reason to push right into your base but we've been told that we can't

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
as a wise man once said, If there is no sign fucking send it
well a lot of the time i don't want to because i dont want to ruin the rp for any cops in the base

like ive always seen main bases as a no-no because to me that's where people are trying to just sit and dev their chars amongst each other

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
like ive always seen main bases as a no-no because to me that's where people are trying to just sit and dev their chars amongst each other
I understand your frustration, and hopefully a solution like you offered will be implemented so that 1 guy can't go out and ruin the RP of others by provoking a retaliation

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
as a wise man once said, If there is no sign fucking send it
“They’re in D52.”
“Is there a sign saying do not enter?”
“No.”

Go active and intercept.

Status