Premium Member
Nebulae
Sorry he meant "gargleo el chodé"

6adadk.jpg

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
hi

nothing of what im about to type here is supposed to sound snarky/passive aggressive, excuse me if it sounds this way

admins. PLEASE do your jobs. I've made a fair amount of /help requests ever since season 2 went up, and many of them were straight up ignored. It's totally understandable if you want time to roleplay on your own characters, but it's reaching the point where I very rarely see any staff characters on, making the only way to get something done is if I have a staff friend/know which admin is roleplaying which character (which is not easy) - even then when a staff character is on, the requests and pms quite often get ignored.

this is* my personal experience so it can just be my terrible luck, but so far for me, the time to respond to /help requests on here so far has been the longest out of all the previous iterations (not counting the times where admins straight up say 'im roleplaying/ask someone else/i don't handle x'). I shouldn't have to dig through each and every guy on the scoreboard to know who is playing what and get x done for me and /pm them. That's what the /help command is for.

Last edited:

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
hi

nothing of what im about to type here is supposed to sound snarky/passive aggressive, excuse me if it sounds this way

admins. PLEASE do your jobs. I've made a fair amount of /help requests ever since season 2 went up, and many of them were straight up ignored. It's totally understandable if you want time to roleplay on your own characters, but it's reaching the point where I very rarely see any staff characters on, making the only way to get something done is if I have a staff friend/know which admin is roleplaying which character (which is not easy) - even then when a staff character is on, the requests and pms quite often get ignored.

this is* my personal experience so it can just be my terrible luck, but so far for me, the time to respond to /help requests on here so far has been the longest out of all the previous iterations (not counting the times where admins straight up say 'im roleplaying/ask someone else/i don't handle x'). I shouldn't have to dig through each and every guy on the scoreboard to know who is playing what and get x done for me and /pm them. That's what the /help command is for.

100%, it's always been problematic getting staff if you're not staff. Voiced this to you in Discord but this iteration feels as if it's a thousand times worse (exaggerating)

during most city shit, it was far easier to gain auths for most things imo, nowadays from what I can hear it feels like the roleplay red tape (he said it!!) has gotten slightly worse. Not necessarily bad, considering we have two opposing sides now that both need to be kept in check or face the consequences, but it's not great™.

tl;dr: allow leeway or please hop on staff

Reactions: List

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
hi

100%, it's always been problematic getting staff if you're not staff. Voiced this to you in Discord but this iteration feels as if it's a thousand times worse (exaggerating)

during most city shit, it was far easier to gain auths for most things imo, nowadays from what I can hear it feels like the roleplay red tape (he said it!!) has gotten slightly worse. Not necessarily bad, considering we have two opposing sides now that both need to be kept in check or face the consequences, but it's not great™.

Have found that I am having to ask for someone to respond to /help's more often than I would really hope for

Looking at yesterday for example, only about half of help requests were properly responded to - will look into a bit, definitely a consistent issue

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

there isn’t really any red tape it’s just people literally always either ignore help requests or op chat

i try and do stuff but im event team so there’s only so much I can do, and idk how some systems work

any time in the past, someone would just say brb in looc and go and do it

it’s just lazy

Last edited:

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there isn’t really any red tape it’s just people literally always either ignore help requests or op chat

i try and do stuff but im event team there’s only so much I can do, and idk how some systems work

just wanted to use the meme phrase, i forgot where it was used but found it funny ever since lol

it's a lot more free than prev iterations. main take is how you need staff oversight for it all, creating massive delays for stuff to actually go down. thats really about all there is for me, i like the server

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

i try and do stuff but im event team there’s only so much I can do, and idk how some systems work

it’s just lazy, you’re staff for a reason, numbers even SAID this a few weeks ago in discord

Sounds like there needs to be an actual check of some kind for the staff team doing the bare minimum of their jobs. Not saying all are ignorant, but it only takes a few to make a bad name.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
hi

this has been an issue for a few years now and it comes up every so often its a bit disappointing its still happening

when i played back during the beginning it was extremely frustrating to try to get anyones attention, and outside 1-2 instances there was rarely more than 2 staff on at a time (although I excused it cause it was the start and understood they also wanna play)

even when I was staff back in helix it was extremely annoying to constantly see messages getting ignored while people keep talking in op chat and flying around in observer doing nothing

answering a help, most of the time, is a matter that takes like 20 seconds to do (and even less if you just gotta answer a question and not tp), theres not really an excuse cause it really isnt that difficult or immersion ruining to do so

in the end staff shit is voulintary and should pretty much always be a #1 priority if you're on (unless you're in a situations that doesn't allow you to leave)

Nebulae
i've been making a habit of going brb in LOOC mid roleplay to handle some of this stuff. it sucks in the moment but it works & people you interact with are very much willing to wait if it means the same courtesy will be extended to them when they need something in the future

dont be afraid to do this my gamers

in the end staff shit is voulintary and should pretty much always be a #1 priority if you're on (unless you're in a situations that doesn't allow you to leave)

i actually dont agree with this anymore; we've been encouraging staff team to actually involve themselves in the roleplay for a few months now specifically to avoid burnout from always prioritizing it. definitely doesn't mean they should ignore things within their power to fix but sometimes a break is ok

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i actually dont agree with this anymore; we've been encouraging staff team to actually involve themselves in the roleplay for a few months now specifically to avoid burnout from always prioritizing it. definitely doesn't mean they should ignore things within their power to fix but sometimes a break is ok
yeah but shit like giving temp pet flags, languages, health resets, ammo refunds, can all be done without interrupting rp, all singular commands that don’t need you to leave rp, when i played id try do then but i know some staff just wouldn’t because they are ‘midRP’ but get fucked it’s 1 command no tp needed

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah, its been an on-and-off issue for years, as Mute said, and isn't exclusive to Neb either.

Even so, now that even Admins have access to some commands I don't think there's as much of an excuse as there used to be, even if things are a thousand times better than then ongoing battle I remember when I was SD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.