Serious Upgrading PC - looking for parts + advice

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
sup lads, im gonna be buying a new part for my PC, i reckon CPU seems like the bottleneck here but im not 100% x

should i pick up a new CPU, if so which?

or do you reckon i ought to buy a new GPU?

budget is £300 and under, if there's something really good that's above that i'll look into it tho

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
You can just upgrade to second gen ryzen on the same am4 mobo

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
You can just upgrade to second gen ryzen on the same am4 mobo
yeah ik that x

but what cpu should i get?

the 'prefer not buying a new one' is referring to people suggesting intel CPU's

D

Deleted member 2011

I've got an 7th Gen Intel which is pretty damn good. I play a lot of Total War games which are really CPU heavy and it runs them well.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I've got an 7th Gen Intel which is pretty damn good. I play a lot of Total War games which are really CPU heavy and it runs them well.
nah bro intels off the table, besides 7th gen refers to a fuckton of their CPU's so need some more specifics on that one

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
or do you reckon i ought to buy a new GPU?

This

The CPU isn't bottlenecking the GPU, in fact the setup itself is not bad at all, although GPU is a bit weak for the CPU you have.

I recommend you save money and upgrade to even better stuff when you have more, or try and go for things like an M.2 SSD which greatly improve the overall performance of the computer specially with games like Arma 3.

Quick reminder many new CPUs, GPUs and others are coming up soon.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I recommend you save money and upgrade to even better stuff when you have more, or try and go for things like an M.2 SSD which greatly improve the overall performance of the computer specially with games like Arma 3.
got an ssd already, that's not an issue x