Afaik these are my specs:
Case
Defender Mid-Tower Case - Black with Blue LED Fan
Processor
AMD Piledriver FX-6 Six Core 6300 Black Edition 3.50Ghz (Socket AM3+) Processor
Motherboard
MSI 970 Gaming AMD 970 (Socket AM3+) ATX Motherboard
SSD
SanDisk Ultra Plus 7mm SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" 128GB Solid State Hard Drive - (Got windows on here and some other crap which I want to run faster)

Hard Drive
SeagateBarracuda 7200.12 2TB 64MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6 Gb/s 7200rpm (Got most of my crap on here)
Power supply
Novatech 500W Power Station V2 ATX Power Supply
RAM
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

Graphics card
ASUS Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR

Correct me if I have missed anything or these don't make sense.

So getting to the point. I want to upgrade my PC quite soon. But as I'm shit with PC parts and etc I would like a little advice. I mainly want to run PUBG so it looks pretty as I'm planning on getting it. I also want to be able to not have trash fps on Gmod. So could you suggest some PC parts. I dont really know how much money I'll have to upgrade my PC but you could post low range stuff to higher range stuff. idk about all this stuff I'm bad at computers

Last edited:

TEA

#1 Tea Drinker since 1998
Nebulae
Well, for a good gaming computer it needs the following.
  • Powerful processor
  • High-end video card.
  • Good sound card.
  • High-end cooling
  • RAM
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
8GB of RAM is good for gaming, on systems such as GMOD, but a lot of people consider 16GB worth of RAM to be the best. I'd say your RAM is fine as it is.

I'm not a personal fan of AMD, and I am not very familiar with your Graphics Card. But my graphics card, a NVIDIA GTX 960 (you can pick up for £100 or so.) You're probably going to be focusing on your graphics card for upgrading. I can get a solid FPS of 200 on Half Life 2 RP and other GMOD games, and can run high-end graphical games such as 'Dying Light.' I'd recommending investing in one. The GTX 960 also has lower power consumption.
Graphics card
ASUS Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR
GTX-960-Logo1.jpg

Processor
AMD Piledriver FX-6 Six Core 6300 Black Edition 3.50Ghz (Socket AM3+) Processor
I'm a bigger fan of Intel CPUs, as I see you have a AMD CPU. A lot of gaming fans would agree, you can get the cheapest gaming processor for only 70$. A Intel Pentium Processor can run at 3.2GHz, you should notice a increase in performance.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what is your budget

8GB of RAM is good for gaming, on systems such as GMOD, but a lot of people consider 16GB worth of RAM to be the best. I'd say your RAM is fine as it is.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
if you know people who consider 8GB of RAM to be "good" even for source needs to be removed from your life

16GB is what you need/want to get
I'm not a personal fan of AMD, and I am not very familiar with your Graphics Card. But my graphics card, a NVIDIA GTX 960 (you can pick up for £100 or so.) You're probably going to be focusing on your graphics card for upgrading. I can get a solid FPS of 200 on Half Life 2 RP and other GMOD games, and can run high-end graphical games such as 'Dying Light.' I'd recommending investing in one. The GTX 960 also has lower power consumption.

GTX-960-Logo1.jpg
Get a 1070 instead of fucking around in the 900's. Not as expensive as a 1080 but will last you as long if you get a good version of it
And also, Garry's Mod isn't as heavy on GPUs as it is on CPUs.
I'm a bigger fan of Intel CPUs, as I see you have a AMD CPU. A lot of gaming fans would agree, you can get the cheapest gaming processor for only 70$. A Intel Pentium Processor can run at 3.2GHz, you should notice a increase in performance.
Yeah get Intel CPUs, not AMD.

That goes for motherboards too, get ASROCK or something instead

Also, never spare money on a powersupply and fans

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
what is your budget

if you know people who consider 8GB of RAM to be "good" even for source needs to be removed from your life

Get a 1070 instead of fucking around in the 900's. Not as expensive as a 1080 but will last you as long if you get a good version of it

I have 4GB of Ram, I can run the games with some element of functionality.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I have 4GB of Ram, I can run the games with some element of functionality.
>With some element of functionality

If you are making a PC that is going to carry you through the next couple of years without upgrades there's no point fucking around with 8 or 4 gigs of ram that's just a piss take honestly

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
what is your budget

honestly for 1080p the rx 580 and 1060 6gb are enough for high setting gaming at alot more than 60 fps
1070 is ultra 1080p/1440p territory.
although, to second @Evil, if you're going to upgrade in 2017 don't bother with the 900 series gtx cards, you should be aiming for the rx 500 series or gtx 10 series.
what kind of budget are you on @Chris .P. Bacon ?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
ok cool, do you need extra storage y/n
and would you like a new case y/n

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
For GPU get a 1060 or 1070
For CPU get a Intel Core i5-7500
Upgrade your ram to 16GB and you're good to go.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae

8GB is definitely good enough for most people. I have a pretty low end rig as far as gaming pcs go (GTX750TI, i3-4160, 8GB ram - low budget ass build) but I can run virtually any game I want.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
8GB is definitely good enough for most people. I have a pretty low end rig as far as gaming pcs go (GTX750TI, i3-4160, 8GB ram - low budget ass build) but I can run virtually any game I want.

I think my computer's pretty close to that area and I can run For Honor on near max settings.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Hey man, congrats on getting ready for a new PC. I've done this quite a bit for myself and others and would like to know if I can help you, if I can, just toss me a reply to this message or a private message as to how much you have to spend, a minimum, maximum, and desired budget is usually what people give me and I throw them back specs based on that.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
oh just realised all of the rx 580's are out of stock atm because of some cryptocurrency mining craze so its kind of a no go for probably another month or two+