Urban Legend/Spoopy Story Central

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
So after doing research on my other relatives who were members of the Cherokee tribe. I’ve discovered and found a lot of shit surrounding legends, stories, and myths. Which then got me into researching and looking up the urban legends and things around where I live. And I thought, “Hey, this is pretty cool. I wonder what other people have.” So here I am now. I’ll give a couple of the ones near where I live. And if you want you can share your own.

You can also share any spoopy stories you have, wether that be ghosts, hauntings, strange things, things that have seriously left you so frightened you can’t even scream. Let’s hear it, I’m interested.

Now for a very local one for me, The Albatwitch
29OutdoorsA.jpg

The Albatwitch, which translates from PA Dutch to “Apple witch.” Is apparently a mini mini Sasquatch were all familiar with. And mini being that it’s only like 4-5 foot tall. And has been observed ever since the early 1800s. But it’s not very cool, because it’s sole purpose is literally to sit in their trees, steal apples. And occasionally just fucking throw the apples at random people just walking by. But no one has seen them since the late 1980s... I hope they’re okay.

The “Green Man.” of Pittsburg
0e00a3a7ad1ff70922de2902718dc847.jpg

This one is actually a bit sad. As this is actually real. The “Green Man.” Is actually Ray Robinson. Who spooked a lot of people in Pittsburg because he’d be seen roaming roads at night with a “green glow.” Which wasn’t true. The story behind Ray was that he suffered a severe electrical shock when he was young. Completely disfiguring him. So distraught and outcasted he was forced to roam the outskirts of Pittsburg at night. But despite the scares he was actually a very nice and friendly man. And would actively talk and chat with people who spoke to him. But a lot of people just treated him really bad.

Oh and I’ve got a shit load of paranormal experiences if anyone is interested in hearing those

Reactions: List

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like paranormal stuff

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
please share the paranormal stuffs
I finally got around to this and you deserve it anyway. But some quick history for context

txe6Y6F.jpg

This is Fort Mifflin, where I had all my paranormal experiences. It was first built back in 1771 by a British engineer but before completion the Colonial Army took it over. And then the Fort was under siege from the British Navy before everyone was able to evacuate to Valley Forge (oh and George Washington was there too for the siege). After the war, it was finished and continued service up until the 1950s. But most notably, and for the context sake of my experiences. The Fort was used as a prison for POWs for both sides during the Civil War
95Q8omr.jpg

And since it’s on the Delaware it was a Union Garrison. And now for the first one, the one that caused me to believe in the paranormal.

I was doing a event at the Fort with my company, just a living history or encampment as we call it. Doing drills, teaching about the history of the Fort, etc etc. I was very knowledgeable about the Fort so I took a group of people over to what’s known as Casemate #11. If you look in the first photo you can see it right next to the big earth mound (Torpedo casemate) in the middle bottom part. And basically the story behind that was during the Civil War. There was a inmate there named William H. Howe, who was a deserter who murdered his CO and a Sergeant when he was confronted. After being sent to the Fort he tried to lead a escape with 200 other inmates. But his plan was foiled on Christmas Day and he was sent to solitary confinement (Casemate #11). Where he wrote on the walls (despite being illiterate) begging President Lincoln for a commute. But he was sentenced to death via hanging before the war was over.

Now when I entered the Casemate, it has just recently been unearthed by my company after working around on the Fort. No lights had been installed yet so it’s pitch fucking black. One of the guys wanted to take a few pics so I took him down with me into the holding area where Howe was held
AI1cSqJ.jpg

This is a photo of the entrance to the holding area. The whole holding area is only about seven foot long. After he helped me in with his camera light. He turned it off so he could snap some shots. After snapping a few, and being the cocky, rambunctious teen I was then. I began to berate literally nothing WHILE I’m in full uniform of a Union Army Private. I start calling Howe things like a coward, a weak man, a disgrace to the Union, all in period correct insults and talk. Just as I’m about to finish I hear this fucking BANG. I think the guy dropped his camera so I didn’t really care. But the dude grabs my shoulder (he was behind me the entire time) and yanked me back. Saying, “Holy shit you okay man? I was looking through my camera with night vision and saw a brick fly at you!” I told him, “Stop messing with me.” To which he turned on his camera light again. Shining it around to show me that indeed, there was a brick at my feet. With all the other bricks which I HAD FUCKING STACKED AT THE FAR END of the length to keep some idiot from tripping STILL stacked. Except for the one brick that had been thrown at my fucking head but missed by like a few inches. Now I get fucking totally freaked out. Because there was no one else but us two, and I would’ve heard someone else coming up because of how fucking enclosed that little place is. And I would’ve heard someone picking a brick up. Then I fucking hear something like growling from the far end of the holding area. And we both just fucking book it out of there.

Ive still got like 3 or 4 more stories if you want a dump too.

Reactions: List

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
I finally got around to this and you deserve it anyway. But some quick history for context

txe6Y6F.jpg

This is Fort Mifflin, where I had all my paranormal experiences. It was first built back in 1771 by a British engineer but before completion the Colonial Army took it over. And then the Fort was under siege from the British Navy before everyone was able to evacuate to Valley Forge (oh and George Washington was there too for the siege). After the war, it was finished and continued service up until the 1950s. But most notably, and for the context sake of my experiences. The Fort was used as a prison for POWs for both sides during the Civil War
95Q8omr.jpg

And since it’s on the Delaware it was a Union Garrison. And now for the first one, the one that caused me to believe in the paranormal.

I was doing a event at the Fort with my company, just a living history or encampment as we call it. Doing drills, teaching about the history of the Fort, etc etc. I was very knowledgeable about the Fort so I took a group of people over to what’s known as Casemate #11. If you look in the first photo you can see it right next to the big earth mound (Torpedo casemate) in the middle bottom part. And basically the story behind that was during the Civil War. There was a inmate there named William H. Howe, who was a deserter who murdered his CO and a Sergeant when he was confronted. After being sent to the Fort he tried to lead a escape with 200 other inmates. But his plan was foiled on Christmas Day and he was sent to solitary confinement (Casemate #11). Where he wrote on the walls (despite being illiterate) begging President Lincoln for a commute. But he was sentenced to death via hanging before the war was over.

Now when I entered the Casemate, it has just recently been unearthed by my company after working around on the Fort. No lights had been installed yet so it’s pitch fucking black. One of the guys wanted to take a few pics so I took him down with me into the holding area where Howe was held
AI1cSqJ.jpg

This is a photo of the entrance to the holding area. The whole holding area is only about seven foot long. After he helped me in with his camera light. He turned it off so he could snap some shots. After snapping a few, and being the cocky, rambunctious teen I was then. I began to berate literally nothing WHILE I’m in full uniform of a Union Army Private. I start calling Howe things like a coward, a weak man, a disgrace to the Union, all in period correct insults and talk. Just as I’m about to finish I hear this fucking BANG. I think the guy dropped his camera so I didn’t really care. But the dude grabs my shoulder (he was behind me the entire time) and yanked me back. Saying, “Holy shit you okay man? I was looking through my camera with night vision and saw a brick fly at you!” I told him, “Stop messing with me.” To which he turned on his camera light again. Shining it around to show me that indeed, there was a brick at my feet. With all the other bricks which I HAD FUCKING STACKED AT THE FAR END of the length to keep some idiot from tripping STILL stacked. Except for the one brick that had been thrown at my fucking head but missed by like a few inches. Now I get fucking totally freaked out. Because there was no one else but us two, and I would’ve heard someone else coming up because of how fucking enclosed that little place is. And I would’ve heard someone picking a brick up. Then I fucking hear something like growling from the far end of the holding area. And we both just fucking book it out of there.

Ive still got like 3 or 4 more stories if you want a dump too.
Sure!