Valve - Information/Leaks/Discussion Thread

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
This is some kind of Valve Thread and I really want people to get together, post Valve controlled leaks, new information or just discuss and speculate.

These are some videos by 'Valve News Network' to start off, consisting of information about HL3, HLVR and L4D3.

And a video of a review of the year 2016 about Valve.

Post below with speculations,discussions,ininformation or even leaks.

Reactions: List

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
I suspect 2017 will hold many surprises within the Half-Life universe. Perhaps, episode 3 of the Half-Life series, and/or a completely seperate Half-Life story in VR.
It's been confirmed that the next game will not be an episode but a full game afaik.

Nebulae
I don't care honestly, let them tease it and if it's good enough I'll get hyped but valve is really not doing much in terms of games these days.

aa0.png

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
I don't care honestly, let them tease it and if it's good enough I'll get hyped but valve is really not doing much in terms of games these days.

aa0.png
They also announced 2016 that they will announce some kind of project during dev days this year.

Diggysean

Neutrino
Nebulae
Honestly wouldn't get your hopes up, Valve does a lot more things than create games now, and Gabe's even said that they wouldn't be continuing projects that they don't have passion for anymore. It'd be cool if they continued the series but at this point I feel like hoping will only bring disappointment.

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
that's what I'm hoping on tbh
it feels like the right time for them to announce it, considering the HTC Vive's success.
Exactly. It would be pretty logical.
What I am guessing is that Valve wants to steer the hype to something else then release it because they know it won't live up to the expectations.

Praise

Hot wet beef
Nebulae
Shame tbh, I used to see valve as the big cool guys out there but slowly loosing faith in those guys.

but fuck, why would they care they got loads of money, it's just business.