Serious Want to reset explosion sounds to default

Shwani

Electron
Nebulae
Ages ago I downloaded a random addon which replaced all default explosion sounds with a different one and I find it bothering because its just not good.

I uninstalled the addon but the sound remains the same.

I haven't yet tried un- and reinstalling Gmod because my internet is dog and it'd take a obnoxiously long time to download the game and addons again.

Is there maybe a way to manually work with the soundfiles?

Reactions: List

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Ages ago I downloaded a random addon which replaced all default explosion sounds with a different one and I find it bothering because its just not good.

I uninstalled the addon but the sound remains the same.

I haven't yet tried un- and reinstalling Gmod because my internet is dog and it'd take a obnoxiously long time to download the game and addons again.

Is there maybe a way to manually work with the soundfiles?
Make sure the addon was actually unsubscribed from, then do a menu_gmacleanup (can’t remember the command properly but it’s smth like this) In the main menu using console.

D

Deleted member 5162

Absolutely no need to re-download your GMod or anything, do what Jaydawg advised you to do.

If you manually installed the sounds (which means that it's in a folder, rather than .gma file), then you need to go to this directory, 'garrysmod/Garrysmod/addons' and find your sound in there, delete it. Same can be done with .gma file.

You can launch your game and enter a singleplayer map, fiddle with your files and type 'snd_restart' in-game to see if the sound you're talking about is gone, no need to restart your game.

Shwani

Electron
Nebulae
I can't for the life of me figure out which addon is responsible. I checked through my subscription list a dozen times and deleted obsolete .gma files in my addon directory. I even re-installed the addons. At this point I'm willing to manually edit the lua code just to get the default sound back

D

Deleted member 5162

delete your addons there, it's where new addons are stored now
New addons do that, old ones don't. He installed the sound "ages ago", but it's worth a try.

I'd also recommend going to the directory 'garrysmod/GarrysMod/downloads' and go into the folder 'sounds' and delete it's containings, could potentially have the explosion sound (?), this one is a desperate idea.
[doublepost=1605526406][/doublepost]If nothing works, then just outright delete the Garry's Mod game folder, be sure to save your dupes and such though.

Shwani

Electron
Nebulae
I deleted and re-downloaded the addons. Took a long time but the sound is back to normal now.

To anyone who replied to this thread, thanks