Information War Room Series Main Thread

Discussion in 'Event Section' started by Snowl, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:07 PM.

1. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For many years the Union has been at war. They have fought all kinds of foes over the years, Xenians, terrorists, pirates, armies.

This is the story of the men sending the Conscripts to their deaths.

Every decision made in the war room will have consequences. Lives will be either lost or saved.

Scenarios will be created by @Mendel @OneClassyBanana and @afric

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PROLOGUE: THE LOS ANGELES INCIDENT
    May 8th 2018 Sol. III
    //event is on June 30th 6pm bst
    Written by @afric
    Directed by @Snowl

The 13th Air Assault Regiment is refusing to listen to orders. Their control of Los Angeles water supplies cannot be tolerated. A response has been activated.

12th California Civil Defense Regiment Roster
    Lieutenant Colonel Grant Norton 12th California Civil Defense Regiment
    Major Vincent Bryant 1st Battalion 'Sunspear'
    Major Arthur Roberts 2nd Battalion 'Salinas'
    Major Herbert Anker 3rd Battalion 'Sierra'
    Major Hughes McDuggan 4th Batalion 'Sacramento"

[​IMG]

THE LOS ANGELES INCIDENT

Major McDuggan accepted his all American nature. He joined his men in their liberation of Los Angeles. He would die storming the waterfront, wearing that old Red White and Blue armband.

Major Anker and Captain Gilmore were not so lucky. Their corpses were strung up in the street. Their deaths were undignified and unrememberd.

Major Bryant preached peace and declared himself a 'ally of the people'. The Rioters spared his neck, but broke his knees. He now lives in the market quarter, selling knick-knacks of the past to travellers.

Major Roberts ended his own life. Heroic to the Clans across the ocean, cowardly in the old west. His men do not remember him.

And Lieutenant Colonel Norton aspired to greater things. We all know where that led him to

Make a custom app go nuts persuade me to give you access to the roleplay event of the year

#1 Snowl, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:07 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 8:45 PM
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    // ah yes, the roundtable

3. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    UPDATE: Read the prologue new post, the event will be on the 30th at 6pm bst on the main server. now accepting applications

4. Civil Protection

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    Major Hughes McDuggan
    Fear. Fear can be the worst instinct a soldier can feel on a battlefield or the best. I train my men with fear, they will FEAR me first before the enemy so they will know their only way of survival will be accomplishing their mission. I train my men with pain, they will feel the PAIN from me before they can feel from it the enemy and most importantly. I train my men with LOYALTY. They will be loyal to me before anything so they will not question my orders nor have to put thoughts on them. That's how I train my men, nothing more, nothing less. My loyalty lies within the Overwatch of SOL III and it will remain the same.

Be it known to all investigating figureheads there are. If you dare to question my orders or put slander on my name, I'll get your names. I have been serving my whole life and I will not go down because some sissy bureaucrat thought my methods of training were too harsh, listen to me very carefully. I have been training soldiers my whole life and I will, most definitely, not hear your bullshit homeboy teachings, we send our men to DIE and if we even can't give them proper training who will be able to look them In the eye and say everything is going to be alright because gentlemen, I will not. If this board decides my training methods are too harsh and decide to issue me any punishment related to it, I have prepared my resignation papers. I will submit them and leave this all behind me.

Thank you.

Captain Hughes McDuggan
    5th Asian Theater
    51st Battalion

< Captain Hughes received an immediate promotion to the 12th California Civil Defense Regiment as the major of 3rd Battalion 'Sierra' by the recommendation of major general Adam Spencer after his response to the on-going military police investigation. Casefile was shut down with no charges being pressed >

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    // How the hell does the Spoiler thing work? Tryna make a transcript part in a spoiler for my app but have no idea how to use it.

6. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    *Left on the round table of the 'War Room', a document; labeled 'CLASSIFIED'. When opened, it reveals some things on Vincent Bryant, a Major for the military*
    [​IMG]
    Transcript:

Name: Vincent Bryant.

Birthplace: Springfield, Massachusetts.

Current Residence: N/A.

Hair: Brown.

Eye Color: Green.

Skills/Abilities: "Prideful and sometimes Naive, the man makes up for it via his far superior intellect and military expertise, able to strategically take up arms, a model major (general)" - Anonymous Officer.

Height: 6'1 Feet.

Weight: 198 LBs.

Signature: Vincent Bryant (In Cursive).

Biography: Vincent was born in Springfield Massachusetts, the man was raised in a family of veterans, ranging all the way back to World War One. The man grew up originally longing to be an author, going to high school and taking courses in English and creative writing; he changed his mind midway and took up mathematics and such. Going through Harvard for math as well, majoring in all things leader-like. He would pass an ASVAB, like the SAT; immediately taken in as a officer into the military. He rose through the ranks as he oversaw many battles and led into them. And now he is a Major of 'Sunspear' battalion.
    Notes: 1; A Harvard Graduate 2; Soldier since Twenty 3; Staged a coup against an officer on one occasion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    sorry not to derail but it'd probably helped if you guys picked like, people that aren't real generals / military officials / leaders or at least vague ones instead of one of the more popular men in american pop culture regarding war leaders

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frisch

Frisch Atom

Nebulae:
  9. Civil Protection

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    // I just use the picture, name is made up

10. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    // Just used Eisenhower's picture.

11. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    yeah i'm saying it's... still... eisenhower and mcdoug boy. i won't debate you on why just you know, look at how flawed it is

12. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Major Wilhelm Dietrich
    'The Rising Fire'
    [​IMG]
    A young, aspiring man from Germany. Yet to prove himself, though well known as honorable yet unorthodox. His methods have reaped many rewards for the Primary Military Arm.

"I wish to supplement your spearhead with my own regiment, the 34th Light Infantry. A well-renowned regiment known for their tenacity and survivability. We've had our first trial by fire already, facing off against a T34-85 tank from a forgotten era, still working. Kyiv has seen many insurrections and I've fought through them."

"I am not known to back down even when the odds are stacked highly against me and my men. I've always fought by their side. I've made sure that training goes well to keep my men performing to the best of their ability."

"There is nothing more important to me than discipline. I, together with my drill instructors, have successfully turned rabble into killing men. I've never failed them and they have never failed me, as I was a private within this regiment itself. Grant me the honor, Lieutenant Colonel Grant Norton and my men and I will bring you glorious victory."

"I can pull some strings and supplement my own regiment with motorized elements. Give me this chance and victory will be certain."

"Union Prevail."

- Major W. Dietrich, 34th Light Infantry,​

#12 Leather Clad Lad, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:41 PM
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020 at 10:00 PM
    • Agree Agree x 7
  13. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    // he's just a sharp-looking older man, im not basing much anything on him, just a reference picture, I don't see what flaws are present, g'. I just didn't wanna go looking for a random stock photo, finding eisenhower pictures were easier, y'know?

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    // trust me it took ages to find my reference picture without any nazi symbols or from any movies, yet being of reasonable quality. just had some photoshop magic

15. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    // yeah, i just thought of older veterans and eisenhower came to mind and fit the description of the character I wanted to make.

16. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    Major Herbert 'De Kogel' Anker
    The stone-cold Dutch man originating from the Netherlands, an old man who'd hardly speak to anyone.
    Thoroughly bruised from constant war, he refuses to even sneak in a hint of his deeper thoughts.
    There's nothing he'll refuse to do for Overwatch, even if it is taking a bullet.
    This broken man won't disappoint the Union, nor his fellow men.
    [​IMG]
    'De Kogel', 2018
    Born in the Netherlands, raised in the Netherlands, fought for the Netherlands.
    The loving Union took him in after those dreadful seven hours and conscripted him to fight and battle.
    Giving up on any sense of freedom, he's left to follow everything the Union gives to him. He can't refuse their orders.
    [​IMG]
    'De Kogel', side view.
    His training is concise, exact, straight to the point. You'll know exactly how to act once he's through with you.
    Cool, calm, composed. Warfare will ring in the distance, his orders will be clear.
    Any man with a head on his shoulders will listen to him, and listen good.
    [​IMG]
    Portrait of 'De Kogel'.

56 years old, 'De Kogel' has no family, only has the soldiers he fights with.
    To him, that's perfect. There's nothing he wants more than to do what he's great at.
    If he dies, if he lives, it has no difference on him. As long as he can bring a use to his life.
    [​IMG]
    Mauser C96, chambered in 7.63x25mm Mauser.
    Medical Record:
    Bullet removal from left eye.
    Gunshot wounds to left forearm, left thigh, hip.

Family Members:
    ANNELIEN ANKER, MOTHER
    [ DECEASED ]
    FRANCISCUS ANKER, FATHER
    [ DECEASED ]
    GERBEN ANKER, BROTHER

[ DECEASED ]

Names / Aliases:
    Herbert Anker
    'De Kogel'

// ooc shit
    all the source filmmaker poses were made by me, including the final one of the mauser.
    obviously the one image that's from real life wasn't made by me.
    took me a while to write and just generally make this. hope whoever's reading dis enjoyed it. good luck to everyone else applying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer

Nebulae:
    when you miss your character so much you have to bring him back in an event

18. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. bigdaddyboy413

Nebulae:
    is that the same norton from republic event or?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Yes but keep in mind this event is set in 2018 republic happened in either 2026 or 2025, Norton always had this backstory of being a conscript lt col and I thought itd be cool to have him be a character in a series following conscript commanding officers doing their jobs, he seemed like the best choice for me having a character in an event like this I needed a character that stood out, with how I have this event I'm not actually really directing much my game managers are writing the scenarios the players respond to, I'm actually just a regular player the most I do is approve of or give input to the scenarios and plots and i choose the setting, there will be more of these events in this series hopefully the characters who get into this will return for the other battles, theres a good eight year gap between the course of norton being a commanding officer and him becoming cab, theres a lot of content I can wring out from that time gap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice