Was Deus ex: Invisible war really that bad?

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
For a game which has an extremely crappy gameplay, it does deliver quite a good story. I personally enjoyed it, it wasnt as complex like Deus ex, but it was still fun.

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
It can't be worse than Mankind Divided
LMAO this is the dumbest thing ive read today if its not bait
invisible war isnt even on the level of complexity that mankind divided has and you talk nonsense like this

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
LMAO this is the dumbest thing ive read today if its not bait
invisible war isnt even on the level of complexity that mankind divided has and you talk nonsense like this

The plot was awful, it was full of bugs and ran like shit (it lagged every single time I shot) and I spent 90% of the time in the metro in Prague waiting for the loadings to end

Deadpool

Nebulae
The plot was awful, it was full of bugs and ran like shit (it lagged every single time I shot) and I spent 90% of the time in the metro in Prague waiting for the loading to end
the plot was fine but it was left for a sequel, i havent encountered any bug but i played it 4 months after launch so maybe it's that, the pc port isn't the greatest but if you lagged everytime you shot i want to know your pc specs cause its not THAT bad especially after a couple of updates
and invisible war was a garbage console port, mankind divided has the best worldbuilding and sidequests from the deus ex games except maybe deus ex 1

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
the plot was fine but it was left for a sequel, i havent encountered any bug but i played it 4 months after launch so maybe it's that, the pc port isn't the greatest but if you lagged everytime you shot i want to know your pc specs cause its not THAT bad especially after a couple of updates
and invisible war was a garbage console port, mankind divided has the best worldbuilding and sidequests from the deus ex games except maybe deus ex 1

My pc is a Windows 8 with 3.20 GHz Intel CPU i5-3470 and 8 Gb of RAM, I played the game around last year with minimum settings and still got a 10-15 fps outside while walking and looking at Adam Jenses augmented feets and 5 minutes of loading in the metro, in the intro at the train station I clipped inside various people while other had their faces ridden with dots. I think you can understand why I decided not to continue the game after the mission at the terror attack site.

Deadpool

Nebulae
My pc is a Windows 8 with 3.20 GHz Intel CPU i5-3470 and 8 Gb of RAM, I played the game around last year with minimum settings and still got a 10-15 fps outside while walking and looking at Adam Jenses augmented feets and 5 minutes of loading in the metro, in the intro at the train station I clipped inside various people while other had their faces ridden with dots. I think you can understand why I decided not to continue the game after the mission at the terror attack site.
then you dont even have a proper opinion on the game if you havent played through all of it, graphics card matters too by the way, and i havent seen anyone ever complain about shit like clipping through people or people with dots, the latter could be your gpu artifacting or tessellation screwing up but nobody really plays with tessellation anyway

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
then you dont even have a proper opinion on the game if you havent played through all of it, graphics card matters too by the way, and i havent seen anyone ever complain about shit like clipping through people or people with dots, the latter could be your gpu artifacting or tessellation screwing up but nobody really plays with tessellation anyway

I don't know man, I had all the minimum requirements to run the game, I tried searching for a solution online but I found none. Even then I really tried to like the game as far as I played but unless it would get better later I think I'd still prefer Human Revolution, but it's ok if we like different thing.

Reactions: List

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
It got the reaction it did due to it being a huge downgrade in depth, complexity and gameplay compared to Deus ex 1

Doesn't help it had to be made to suit consoles, meaning the world was downsized hugely
Um that thing with the dumbing down for consoles is a lie. The problem was the visuals and the lightning. The game devs invested an insane amough of time on these two things. This is why the leves were so small and load times so long.

Last edited: