Format Week One - General Feedback

Discussion in 'WW3RP: Stasiland' started by Roosebud, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator
    Head Staff WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Alright, now that we've had +/- a week to experience how stuff has worked on the server since launch, I intend to open a bunch of seperate feedback threads so we can work to improve the existing systems. Obviously, since this concept has never been done before we'll need to be very critical when it comes to our systems so we can improve them going forward.

Figured a thread for general purpose feedback would be warranted, reckon additional threads can be placed if there's need to go in-depth on a specific issue/feature

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nova

Nova Proton

Nebulae:
    I believe there should be more small events and in earlier hours than the normal hours of events happening, so more people can attend.

I saw only two events which was about the train stopping and then soviets bombing the castle. And other one was about someone important making a speech but I was not able to attend it fully because of time differences.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  3. maxi

maxi Nucleus

Nebulae:
    player count dead af because of hla

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    you should get a gametracker up

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. chronos

chronos `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    its because of a couple of factors and then the typical gmod cycle set in

variety of factors lower the playercount for a few days > people see the low playercount and aren't inclined to join > less players > cycle repeats

7. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    My biggest worry for Stasiland is that people suddenly realise what a "hardcore setting where war is going to be rough" actually means and try and gradually demand changes that trivialise it and make it the most appealing part of the server because its low-risk and guns are easy to get.

Stasiland has been an absolute blast and I'm not saying the conflict shouldn't be catered to, but it isn't like there's the excuse people can pull about guns being hard to get. Progressing is even easier than it was on HL2RP's BMD system. With all due respect, if you wanna go out and shoot up the soviets you should be under risk to do so. Don't let people push you into making things more 'insurgent friendly' beyond the point of being sensible.

Conflict can very easily become the centerpoint of the server rather than the "This War of Mine" vibe and I think that would be a massive shame.

8. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    Dont really see how that'd contribute anything

9. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    It hasn't even been dead really either - both servers have just settled into a happy medium at ths point.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    it would just be cool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

you can see that it's these past couple days where it started to drop, and that's not people just saying "nah i aint gonna play" overnight, there's a load of factors atm that are contributing to it

the past couple of days have been a rollercoaster in the real world

12. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    An international crisis along with new games coming out make it pretty hard to estimate how the playerbase is shifting, especially since it's only been a week. Just hope people can give us some feedback to work with instead of staying silent and not playing even though they have valuable opinions

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Holymilk

Holymilk Proton

Nebulae:
    I’m personally just waiting for more groups to get established on the server that won’t get wiped out on day 2. Like how I enjoyed being in ELA for the time that I played hl2rp, despite being new. I can’t really see myself enjoying the stasi/soviet life all that much

14. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian
    Premium Member WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    There are many 'groups' established, you're just looking at them the wrong way.

The insurgency is actually in a very good position from what I see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. UkuP

UkuP Proton

Nebulae:
    I would address the same problem that has been mentioned before. Civilian population and things to do (income). As a regular civilian there are only quite few things to do. You either loot, interact with the few other civilians you see or find a job in on of the businesses that are actually open.

I personally have had quite a few laughs and interesting moments in the server, but most of the time I seek around the city or country side for something to do and then log off cause people are either busy with their IC business or you literally can´t find anyone. Might be cause of the size of the map that you really don´t come across many people, cause you see in info around 30-35 people playing and ICly you see about 10 of them. (but I heard new map is in progress so hopefully it will be fixed in the new map)

I´ve tried to make contact with insurgent groups using intel gathered from various sources ICly, but trying to approach any member, they simply run off or walk past you giving you a one word answer. (I understand that realistically speaking it wouldn´t be easy to join a resistance group either, but for the fun of it maybe it could?) Im sure there are other ways to join, I just haven´t come across them.

Earning money is quite a problem for civilian population. Atm you sell or trade the loot you find or find a job at a business. I´ve luckily done some occasional jobs and earned a few bucks but not enough to invest in a more expensive equipment to spice up the gameplay. I´ve heard some people getting paid from events and so on... sadly my timezone is shit and I rarely come across events in the server.

Stasi activity could be a little better, but that is being dealt with also as I understand.

All in all:
    More activities for civilians in the city
    Compress people more together (new map ASAP)
    Some way for civilians make money

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    I'd encourage people to lose most of the 'money mentality' they seem to have. The marks are a side-thing mainly used for official transactions with the stasi. We've already had people who wanted containers just to store cash they didn't even need and refused to spend it. Nobody is forced to sell everything for marks, shops (especially those outside city borders) can even accept alternative currencies for all I care.

People have already mentioned there's an abundance of items, especially food and materials, in circulation, so I don't see why people are treating it as scarcity just because there's relatively small amounts of marks entering circulation. Hell, people can even scale their collective prices down since there's no vendors that are dictating prices atm.

That aside, I'm all ears for suggestions on the topic of giving civilians more stuff to do themselves. I get the complaint a lot but nobody ever suggests anything change-wise. People also have to keep in mind that conflict is the general theme of the server, we're not aiming at full-fledged cityrp with military on the side.

17. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    perhaps more interactive systems? the way crafting works at the minute is you click it and it makes it, but it'd be cool to see some people like mechanics/cooks having more intricate systems if you get what I mean

18. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    Like what? I mean, suggesting 'more intricate systems' doesn't really say much. Dont really know how it'd motivate people to play their civilians for prolonged periods of time if it's supposed to make their crafting harder

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  19. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    not making crafting harder but adding a visible aspect to it is what I'm getting at, you know so you can see citizens more actively working to do whatever they're doing, whether it's cooking, woodworking, medical tasks etc. Mechanics somewhat similar to what you see with the ration machine on the i17 map, an active process to do something. Perhaps it would yield better quality product, or perhaps it might be a system used to craft more refined materials that secluded insurgents don't have access to, whether it's materials or whatever else. Because it's something essentially restricted to the city you'll see a lot more movement and commerce. Essentially just something that makes having a business in the city a benefit, similar to real life urban pull factors

just thinking out loud, personally something like that would entice me to play civilian

20. UkuP

UkuP Proton

Nebulae:
    As it is RP server you could and should craft items using a /me, I´ve seen many business owners do it especially while crafting foods (cooking).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice