Draft Weight Based Inventory Concept

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
you can though IRL? Screenshots of cartel weapon smuggling show what ludicrous amount you can do with AK47 in crates, a good travelling backpack can easily carry atleast 15 MP7s (They arent as big as you think IRL)
ok then, gameplay > realism!!

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
People want to carry more smaller items instead of being limited by the inventory grid.
Then increase tetris grid size, make guns larger and keep small items 1x1??? No weight needed

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It’s, unfortunately, a fundament of helix so it’s not easy to get rid of

>See weight based inventory thread
>Open thread
>Tetris inventory inside

ee7.jpg

Reactions: List

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae

>See weight based inventory thread
>Open thread
>Tetris inventory inside

ee7.jpg

Legacy inventories make re-writes more or less impossible, easier to do when there isn't a database you need to keep stable and not breaking

Nebulae
Legacy inventories make re-writes more or less impossible, easier to do when there isn't a database you need to keep stable and not breaking
time to make a purge event
combine setting a nuke, and we switch to a different timeline, with resetted inventories (custom scripts can be refunded to the thirsting. maybe, if the fish are biting today)
all die NLR-ily, complete loot wipe, or vorts create a portal that doesn't transport matter, thus we spawn naked on a playrust.com beach with complete loot wipe

SUCCESS FOR DEVELOPER :)

:fullownership::16k:

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
time to make a purge event
combine setting a nuke, and we switch to a different timeline, with resetted inventories (custom scripts can be refunded to the thirsting. maybe, if the fish are biting today)
all die NLR-ily, complete loot wipe, or vorts create a portal that doesn't transport matter, thus we spawn naked on a playrust.com beach with complete loot wipe

SUCCESS FOR DEVELOPER :)

:fullownership::16k:
(Dyson Sphere event 2.0)

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
I mean plan is to increase inventory/bag sizes, you'll probably be able to carry 80-100 scripts, which if you're hitting those numbers, a hard cap honestly doesn't sound like a bad thing.
If this is it, then yeah works and I can't wait for it :D

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
lil-jon-alive.gif

the fact the grid has to exist at all is a little unfortunate but ill take it over the shit we have now that's for sure

idc about having to actually move items into a grid, my only suggestion is that you make it so you can double click on an item and it instantly transfers to the opposing container or, if its in a container, to the opposing inventory

its bad enough having to play tetris with ur own personal inv but if uve led a rebel group for more than 10 seconds then u truly understand what pain is

trident had 12 full containers.

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Seeing the weapon problem... I offer the view of maybe setting a hard cap on how many "weapon" items can be in a backpack as a rough solution.

Realistically speaking, carrying many MP7s is possible, not very convenient and if they are loaded, kinda dangerous, but maybe if we just did that cap to say, 2 or 3 firearms (Per backpack or maybe in total for an inventory, which could be 4), maybe there is not going to be so much hoarding, if that is really a problem.

Still, if we get too many weapons in circulation in a hypotetical case, we could just trade them with other groups/players, that one is not much of a concern.

Also, seeing people carry an entire arsenal is hilarious and kinda strange (Have done that before lmao). Though, I guess you take that for granted for that question to be made, somehow.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You're not gonna be able to realistically set any limits that isn't down to the weights themselves unless you wanna check everyone's backpacks every day.

Its just a tradeoff for the system.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I'm not too fussed, have had slot inventory long enough that I'm content with what we've got as I may be one of the few who did not care for the old system.

Also i kind of worry a weight based slowdown would become a punishing factor only for those without cell storage or premium lockers.