Draft Weight Based Inventory Concept

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
key problem with the grid system is a bunch of presumably weightless trinkets take up the same space as a hunting rifle if there's four or more
You are comparing space to weight. Two different things. Although the space problem stands.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like the WoW bag-like single-icon slots and i mean this unironically

e:

i might be the minority but i like the slot system

8jAVw36.png

this is an aesthetic
i will not take counterarguments

Last edited:

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I'm not too fussed, have had slot inventory long enough that I'm content with what we've got as I may be one of the few who did not care for the old system.

Also i kind of worry a weight based slowdown would become a punishing factor only for those without cell storage or premium lockers.
Overweight isn't really a state that you'll want to be in, it mainly exists for when you NEED to overload to transfer storage or for when weights may be changed etc

But for normal gameplay, being overweight isn't something you'd want - the penalties are only there to encourage getting out the state, I should've made that more clear

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Overweight isn't really a state that you'll want to be in, it mainly exists for when you NEED to overload to transfer storage or for when weights may be changed etc

But for normal gameplay, being overweight isn't something you'd want - the penalties are only there to encourage getting out the state, I should've made that more clear

Have you met script hoovers.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
can we call it overencumberance so people with too many weapons in their inventory stop sounding fat
tbf that's the word I wanted I just couldn't remember how to spell it so just put overweight

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like the WoW bag-like single-icon slots and i mean this unironically

e:

i might be the minority but i like the slot system

8jAVw36.png

this is an aesthetic
i will not take counterarguments
autism inventory go brrrrrrr

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
If you make a fucktonne of grids and the inventories bigger than you could possibly fit items over carry capacity then yes I like this
The Tetris system is not fun especially when you can't flip items