what alcoholic beverage do you prefer

D

Deleted member 243

i recently found out about Schnapps and i'm in love, cheap with a kick. wine/beer/IPA if im feeling casual

what about you guys? where does your preference lie

Reactions: List

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As I'm getting older I've grown more appreciative of a lot of things.

I used to pretty much exclusively drink spirits (vodka, bourbon etc), then towards the tail end of me being at uni I got really into certain craft beers, particularly sour beers. Then when I left uni I got really into champagne (almost exclusively brut, although if a brut isn't available just make sure it's dry as all hell), and now as of recently; I'm drinking a lot of red wine, particularly Rioja, Tempranillo and Malbec.

That being said, @Lynx and I are going to a gig tomorrow night and I'm quite sure I'll be necking an unhealthy amount of vodka and lemonade just to get me messy.

D

Deleted member 243

As I'm getting older I've grown more appreciative of a lot of things.

I used to pretty much exclusively drink spirits (vodka, bourbon etc), then towards the tail end of me being at uni I got really into certain craft beers, particularly sour beers. Then when I left uni I got really into champagne (almost exclusively brut, although if a brut isn't available just make sure it's dry as all hell), and now as of recently; I'm drinking a lot of red wine, particularly Rioja, Tempranillo and Malbec.

That being said, @Lynx and I are going to a gig tomorrow night and I'm quite sure I'll be necking an unhealthy amount of vodka and lemonade just to get me messy.
tell me what your thoughts are on sherry and port?

the young one enjoys two-buck-chug

the appreciative one spends a little extra

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
tell me what your thoughts are on sherry and port?

the young one enjoys two-buck-chug

the appreciative one spends a little extra
I tried port for the first time at the beginning of this year. It's gorgeous, but I can't drink much of it, far too sweet to drink a lot of. One thing I forgot to mention was Mead, which I buy now and then when I feel like it, but honestly, it's a nightmare to get hold of and I feel like red wine is going to replace my mead fix. As for sherry, I've not given it a go, but I probably will soon enough.

D

Deleted member 243

I tried port for the first time at the beginning of this year. It's gorgeous, but I can't drink much of it, far too sweet to drink a lot of. One thing I forgot to mention was Mead, which I buy now and then when I feel like it, but honestly, it's a nightmare to get hold of and I feel like red wine is going to replace my mead fix. As for sherry, I've not given it a go, but I probably will soon enough.
If you enjoy a subtle sweetness with nutty undertones then sherry is your best bet. On average 15%ABV

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you enjoy a subtle sweetness with nutty undertones then sherry is your best bet. On average 15%ABV
I'll give it a go, I don't think it's going to replace my taste for a typical red at the moment, but yeah. ABV isn't really something I pay attention to.
Whiskey sours
There was a time I was going through six at lunch with burgers
I do love a Whiskey Sour, but they're dangerously easy to drink.
[doublepost=1630068865][/doublepost]
Bud light lol
Hey man, I like a Budweiser. I'm less of a fan of Bud Light, but it's cool, refreshing and if you're not trying to really savour something and just want a nice cold beer, it does the job. It also basically won't get you drunk which is a bonus.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I remember one day at my vacation place I go to the pool at 12 in the afternoon to have one hamburger and a whiskey sour while I chilled and read a book

It turned into six whiskey sours and I was properly coherent again the next day, I think I ended up getting wasted by 5 pm, drank some more then went out and did karaoke which according to videos and testimony caused me to do really good karaoke at a beach bar
Yep, that sounds like a whiskey story.

D

Deleted member 22

Let's see that entire three months of chilling in paradise had me ordering these drinks a lot

• Whiskey straight no ice, I just asked to be surprised
  • Vodka same way, I had a few black or white russians to mix it up sometimes
  • Scotch
  • Martinis
  • Frozen daiquiri
  • Various wines
  • Rum
I'm honestly a vodka or whiskey sour man, the bartender once turned around after pouring me some vodka in a glass like I told him to, and he turns around and asked me where all the vodka went since I just gulp that like water if I need to

Last edited by a moderator:

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Let's see that entire three months of chilling in paradise had me ordering these drinks a lot

• Whiskey straight no ice, I just asked to be surprised
  • Vodka same way, I had a few black or white russians to mix it up sometimes
  • Scotch
  • Martinis
  • Frozen daiquiri
  • Various wines
  • Rum
I'm honestly a vodka or whiskey sour man, the bartender once turned around after pouring me some vodka in a glass like I told him to, and he turns around and asked me where all the vodka went since I just gulp that like water if I need to

I really wish I could appreciate scotch. Got any recommendations for introductories?

D

Deleted member 22

I really wish I could appreciate scotch. Got any recommendations for introductories?
No I'm not a knowledgeable drinker I just sorta grab stuff. Whenever the bar dude at the club asked me what I wanted brand wise if I said whiskey, I just shrugged and said I don't care dump something strong in and I gulped that shit down

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Last memory I have of my Great Nana Lil was us raising a pint of Guinness for me getting into Law School. She turned to me that day and said “You’re a Clever little sod, aren’t you?”.

Guinness has a special place in my heart and in my liver haha.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Lot of IPA's and craft beers; very big hipsterman when it comes to that.
Quite like single malt whisky too but recently it's been a lot of vodka.
Vodka's pretty boring though comparable to our traditional schapps that we'll have for every Swedish holiday ever in vast amounts, midsommar, easter, kräftskiva, christmas, valborg for some. though it's not something i'd pick up outside of that. not too big on liquer i kind of actually really like the bitter flavors of alcohol straight

bottom line though i drink mostly beer, the only beer i wont drink is anything too dark because i think it tastes like watery bread. i've definitely ruined basic lagers for myself because they taste too watered now aswell. anything IPA - double IPA, or even a few standard lagers from special breweries that kick it up a notch or two are my jam.
[doublepost=1630071723][/doublepost]
JURA Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
get you a 12 years aged one. They're surprisingly cheap if you buy a smaller bottle.
It's a very subtle smokey flavor, so you won't fall into the Jamesson super smooth and boring- and you won't feel like you've stuck a smokery down your neck. They make this stuff over in britania so you should find it locally; plus it's both at an actual reasonable price, and tastes very good.

this one you drink at room temperature, no ice.

Last edited:

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Lot of IPA's and craft beers; very big hipsterman when it comes to that.
Quite like single malt whisky too but recently it's been a lot of vodka.
Vodka's pretty boring though comparable to our traditional schapps that we'll have for every Swedish holiday ever in vast amounts, midsommar, easter, kräftskiva, christmas, valborg for some. though it's not something i'd pick up outside of that. not too big on liquer i kind of actually really like the bitter flavors of alcohol straight

bottom line though i drink mostly beer, the only beer i wont drink is anything too dark because i think it tastes like watery bread. i've definitely ruined basic lagers for myself because they taste too watered now aswell. anything IPA - double IPA, or even a few standard lagers from special breweries that kick it up a notch or two are my jam.
[doublepost=1630071723][/doublepost]
JURA Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
get you a 12 years aged one. They're surprisingly cheap if you buy a smaller bottle.
It's a very subtle smokey flavor, so you won't fall into the Jamesson super smooth and boring- and you won't feel like you've stuck a smokery down your neck. They make this stuff over in britania so you should find it locally; plus it's both at an actual reasonable price, and tastes very good.

this one you drink at room temperature, no ice.
I've heard good things about JURAs, I'll give it a go - I take it a drop of water is always the way to go?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I've heard good things about JURAs, I'll give it a go - I take it a drop of water is always the way to go?
i know some people that swear by it but if you're just starting out you probably wont taste the difference. and in all honesty like everything its an acquired taste - so if you were to stick it in the fridge and drink it that way, it might go down easier at first even if it's not the "right way", up to preferences all in all.

personally i do room temp but i never bother with the drop of water stuff unless im at a restaurant drinking something super expensive. the only thing i swear by is to never do ice cubes or you'll water it down something terrible.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i drink mostly cocktails but save that
smirnoff ice with vodka or micky finns, its usually a shot drink but i just drink it all
ill also do any shot i dont have to pay for

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Vodka's pretty boring though comparable to our traditional schapps that we'll have for every Swedish holiday ever in vast amounts, midsommar, easter, kräftskiva, christmas, valborg for some.
baska-droppar.png

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
ardbeg, glenfiddich, bourbons like jefferson's, remus. ive had a lot of single malt scotches and my two favorite have been islays or highlands

most irish whiskeys ive had are good too but pale in comparison to whats listed above

i seldom drink anything else unless its offered