Serious What did combine soldiers look like during the 7 hour war?

Keller

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
I know that afterwards came the transhumans arm. But what did combine ground forces look like during the invasion?

D

Deleted member 1048

The human division, so your normal soldiers wouldn't exist at the current timeframe, humans were only transhumanized after the seven hour war.

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The human division, so your normal soldiers wouldn't exist at the current timeframe, humans were only transhumanized after the seven hour war.
I know that afterwards came the transhumans arm.
thank-you-760x400.jpg

Reactions: List

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I like to imagine regiments of shock troopers like the spearman were deployed as well as more heavy units like the css and strider.

In one of the new sprints we see a combine vessel above the union building so it's safe to say they bombed the planet.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
It's very likely that during the 7 hour war, synth soldiers were used.
Though it's reasonable to think that the combine would've likely weaponised Vortigaunts, creating synths out of some of them before they invaded earth. Striders & Dropships were most definitely used, however the usage of headcrab canisters were what probably brought a majority of the world down to its knees.

Keller

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
Yea. I just figured like obviously they’d need an army to act as an occupational force while they were trying to enslave the planet. But I had never actually seen what a combine soldier looked like other than the transhumans.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
An accurate representation is given in the game "Hunt down the freeman", where the protagonist finds himself mixed up in the 7 hour war itself

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
welcome to Alberquerque Sergeant Mitchell

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
They were mainly enslaved species used with synths augmentations, like every species that felt under the rule of the Combines. So basically striders, gunships, dropships, vortigaunts, headcrabs, advisors, hunters... (you can add all the Xen creatures, plus every possible worlds that once again, felt under the Combines.)

Good video if you're interested in.