Serious What do you want to see in 2018?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
With the new year rolling in, lets talk games and game ideas. From games like Cuphead, Pyre to the bigger releases and the upcoming ones this year (Here's hoping for Death Stranding), I finally got around to playing some older titles all the way through like Hitman Blood money and I was thinking it'd be nice to have a thread for people to discuss what they'd like to see come out of the industry this year -

Of course most people are looking forward to what the big names are potentially going to be coming out with this year like news on a new GTA for instance but I like to think everyone has their own ideas on what sort of games they look for as the year goes on; could be anything from just saying what kind of genre you want to see more of (I want to see more actual Survival Horror games personally), or types of gameplay etc.

I personally am hoping for more story based experiences, I played Orwell earlier on in the year and I really enjoyed it, along with recently playing Night in the Woods after hearing a lot about it. The type of games that leave a lasting impact and aren't just forgotten about. One final note is I'm curious to see how long the fad of Battle Royale games continues for with PUBG, Fortnite etc.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm hyped for Jurassic World: Evolution! Operation Genesis was a big part of my gaming life in the early 2000's and to get another park building game in 2018 is brilliant.

Also maybe the remake of Resident Evil 2 will be out this year?

Also the Xen chapters of Black Mesa.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Holding out on the hope that Metro Exodus doesn't get delayed into 2019.
Preparing to overhaul my PC rig with new parts to actually play it.

Outside of that I've not got many new games I'm eager to play, but at least I have a large backlog of games I need to get through, hoping to avoid adding more multiplayer games to my regular play list (gmod and db are enough for me) and start enjoying some singleplayer experiences again.

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
Time Splitters Rewind better be on it's way

Also that System Shock 2 HD remake would be nice

Dean

That Northern-English guy
Nebulae
I've been playing some of the new SCP: Secret Laboratory that's free on steam with some friends. It's a laugh, especially when a little kid rolls up to the intercom and yells "Suck my dick" to the entire facility but players control everything (military, Class Ds, SCPs, Scientists). I've gotten back into playing SCP:CB, a game I always loved and just want someone to finally make the same game but with a co-op.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Time Splitters Rewind better be on it's way

Also that System Shock 2 HD remake would be nice
oh fuck ye I forgot about the TS rewind, crytech please don't fuck time splitters a second time, plz.

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
oh fuck ye I forgot about the TS rewind, crytech please don't fuck time splitters a second time, plz.
It'll probably be utter shite

Though they posted some screenies of Siberia and my dick got very hard

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
It'll probably be utter shite

Though they posted some screenies of Siberia and my dick got very hard
if it's just a graphical remaster then I'll maintain some hope,
also you still got that screenshot?

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
RAM prices to go fucking down

I'm honestly just looking forward to see future Rimworld updates and how much Valve can fuck up Dota 2