What game company/developers would you fund for them to-

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
-make them return and resurrect projects that they have abandoned because of lack of finding or otherwise playerbase/make them create a sequel or another project entirely that's as good if not better than the one they abandoned?

I'm sorry for the weird question, I've just been playing games lately, most of which the developers ceased working on due to not enough fundings, etc.

Let's say that if you fund them to make a sequel, it is guaranteed that it is as good as the original project, or better than the OG.

For me it's Absolver - I've started playing this game about half a year ago, and instantly fell in love with it. It's a fighting game with souls-like gameplay (souls-like is an overstatement, it starts like one anyway.) It is so incredibly wonderful. I'm not one to easily like fighting games, nor am I very good at them, but I've never been so passionate about a game more than Absolver. The combat is fluid, intense, and satisfying, and multiply that by 50 when fighting other players, and not PVE. The world the game is set in is beautiful and aesthetically pleasing, and I can say much more about the game that it executes wonderfully but that's not the thread for it.

Back to my point - the people who made the game, Sloclap, ceased development on it due to lack of finding, and they left the game to the community, thankfully keeping the servers online. I am 500% certain that if they were to receive funds for the game, they would be able to greatly improve on the game's captivating (yet not so deep [yet]) story, and its fantastic combat design, or even make an entirely new sequel that breaks the current Absolver game's barriers. It didn't have a very significant playerbase, until Jacksepticeye uploaded a video on it sometime in 2016, and after a month or two of tens of thousands of players playing it daily, the only ones left were veterans, players who stuck to the game and new, gullible players that had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Nowadays, on PC at least, 100 daily players is like God himself blessed the servers.

What's yours?

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
If I had ALOT of money, I would buy the MGS and/or silent hill franchise from Konami and give it to Kojima just to see what crazy shit would happen.

I don't really trust any video game company to make a good old game with triple A funding, they just get greedy and then the dlc and microtransaction practices come out. It stops being a passion project to 70% when the money starts rolling in.

Honestly Konami comes to mind a lot, they have some great franchise that are not used and gathering dust or getting turned into literal slot machines. So I'd probably buy out all the good franchises. Silent Hill, MGS, Contra, etc.

Reactions: List

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
damn, absolver died?
I remember the for honor community was hyping it up a while back
It's slowly decaying. Thankfully you don't really need a playerbase since the game is like 90% duels now and you can usually find a match in about 10 seconds. The community right now is very faithful and we did a tournament yesterday

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Eternal Crusade.
It betted on an experimental server-hosting model to be a Planetside 2-esque WH40K game, but after failing to deliver on that front, it was relegated to instead be more of a lobby shooter akin to Space Marine (the primary source of inspiration for core gameplay mechanics).
However, it went to a hard decline, and even the addition of new factions - Orks and Eldar - did little to change the downwards spiral towards irrelevancy.
It's a crying shame, because it had real potential to be a great, non-RTS 40K game. Those are in short supply, after all.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Kid Icarus by nintendo, we need a new kid icarus for the switch the 3ds one was one of the best action/adventure game I have ever played.

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I wouldn't give them a single penny because they're all greedy bastards that don't pay tax

Fuck konami, fuck activision-blizzard, fuck ea, fuck rockstar, fuck epic games

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
I wouldn't give them a single penny because they're all greedy bastards that don't pay tax

Fuck konami, fuck activision-blizzard, fuck ea, fuck rockstar, fuck epic games

What about indie devs and their games?