Serious What is your dream serious roleplay server?

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
did anyone mention authentic medieval rp here
I think they did.

But if they didn't, don't worry, I thought about it.

Imagine Medieval Serious RP with crusades and attacks on a castle. Damn, holy shit.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
did anyone mention authentic medieval rp here
mount and blade did pretty good at that except that circlejerks were insanely big and elitist with admins just giving gear to their friends being the norm

it also had extremely weird rules where your character had to be "approved" with a bio

@zoo

Reactions: List

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
mount and blade did pretty good at that except that circlejerks were insanely big and elitist with admins just giving gear to their friends being the norm

it also had extremely weird rules where your character had to be "approved" with a bio

@zoo

PW was the shit

me and the boys cleansed many australian servers through raw skill, admin buddies with spawned in plate stood no chance to hordes of so called 'simpel mens~~' that refused to wear any armor yet wreaked havoc with their unparalleled dueling ability

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
PW was the shit

me and the boys cleansed many australian servers through raw skill, admin buddies with spawned in plate stood no chance to hordes of so called 'simpel mens~~' that refused to wear any armor yet wreaked havoc with their unparalleled dueling ability
it's pretty weird to see how something as shitty as mount and blade rp servers could have so many players because of the grinding mechanism (bread making, mining, etc) that attracted people to it to keep playing

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
it's pretty weird to see how something as shitty as mount and blade rp servers could have so many players because of the grinding mechanism (bread making, mining, etc) that attracted people to it to keep playing

probably my favourite gaming experience, with the exception of gmod in the 2015 era.

PW was insane - factions needed to work in cohesion and cunts spent like 2 hours a day baking bread and farming, you could be a bandit or whatever you wanted, maps had secrets everywhere and at least in the australian community the culture it bred was hilarious. the most dangerous people around weren't the huge factions but random collectives of peasants that for some reason always had like 3k+ hours and could completely fuck anyone, tryhards were stomped constantly.

also can't forget all the people roleplaying as girls that were bullied constantly

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
the most dangerous people around weren't the huge factions but random collectives of peasants that for some reason always had like 3k+ hours and could completely fuck anyone, tryhards were stomped constantly.
no one has seen true autism till they join a mount and blade duelling server with like 20 players in it
i'm still not quite sure how they managed to do the spasm attack while looking into the ground

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
no one has seen true autism till they join a mount and blade duelling server with like 20 players in it
i'm still not quite sure how they managed to do the spasm attack while looking into the ground

m&b is the true wild west of gaming, it's complete unbridled chaos

in PW i only felt safe and above the unwashed muck when i accumulated thousands of hours and joined the illuminati-esque circlejerk that somehow knew every exploit and controlled every australian server with an invisible hand

someone could write a book on the whole thing, its legacy is more interesting than lord of the rings

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
are those servers still active?
[doublepost=1575911380][/doublepost]
I think they did.

But if they didn't, don't worry, I thought about it.

Imagine Medieval Serious RP with crusades and attacks on a castle. Damn, holy shit.
would be mad, read too many books of english medieval history

zoo

Electron
Nebulae

@zoo
yeah you will never get much of anywhere without being friends with admins or their friends
It is incredible how much bureaucracy a mount and blade server can have

There is one (serious rp server) I know of still active; about 20 regular players I think?

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
Anything but this-
3ce7de6002599a8f59de5844da0160e4.png

bonk

Neutrino
Nebulae
An actual serious World War 2 roleplay server where literally no firefights happen, just cold hard bleak trench roleplay between you and your fellow soldiers just trying to survive, of course the occasional event now and again would be amazing.
Something also where you survive through harsh conditions n' shit like that would be pretty cool.

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
just cold hard bleak trench roleplay between you and your fellow soldiers just trying to survive
I remember asking someone if something like this would be possible to make, but they said it would get boring really fast and nobody would play it. However, the idea in question was World War 1 and not 2. I'd personally like it.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i dont think the setting is important in an rp server/any kind of plot

the themes and general narrative are what matters

last of us is in my top 5 best narrative games and its setting, as long as you maintain the post-society theme, is unimportant in regard to the plot

the best rp events and servers ive experienced are a story with a setting that fits, utopia, dingo-5, zona, alplands. they could have all be weird variations of what they were, but the core story/themes is what made them epic

bonk

Neutrino
Nebulae
I remember asking someone if something like this would be possible to make, but they said it would get boring really fast and nobody would play it. However, the idea in question was World War 1 and not 2. I'd personally like it.
whoever said that is very boring themselves

Mickee

Proton
Nebulae
Zombie Outbreak
alleyway_nightshot_rainy_by_ahmadturk-d5kqp6y.jpg

The rain patters, the sounds of distant police sirens. It has been getting more and more secured in the city, random police checkpoints popping up, shops boarding up, houses being abandoned, gunshots ringing occasionally. The government tried their best to cover it up, but it was hard to do so, considering how many dead bodies show up each day. It was becoming hard to not notice it.
Aug11_1_1024.jpg

Bodies popped up more and more, eventually your work being called off rather suddenly. During this you hear automatic fire ring out from your local police checkpoint, making you look out your window, the sounds of groaning? Yes groaning fills your ears, once you look out the window of your ground floor apartment you see the quickly terrifying events unfolding outside the window.
resident_evil_operation_raccoon_city_conceptart_oPoOh.jpg

Your forced to try and run for it, quickly bolting out the door, being greeted with a sight, as upon opening the door a body stumbles out onto the floor, the corpses back ripped open, one of the soldiers. Your forced to run the other way as the gunfire seizes, and the groans only grow louder as they pour into the apartment building. You run out the back entrance, only to be greeted by an equally terrifying event, the bridge behind your apartment being over run, and zombies quickly encircling you.
Concept-art-from-the-book-World-War-Z-Art-of-the-film-by-titan-books.jpg

Your forced to run, and run you do. Right into that dark alleyway, the infected quickly chasing you, the roars of the infected are deafening, where they all suddenly came from is unknown...They are running after you, slower than you...You manage to run into a small alleyway, hoping to escape them...Only to see more coming down the alleyway at you.
It's the end...The infected run at you, pinning you to the ground, ripping you apart like animals as while your left alive for the entire thing...Everything blacks out...And the only thing left is silence, and darkness.
Basically it would be Pre outbreak to zombies, more and more popping up, outbreak slowly happens, engulfing the city and such, leaving the characters to try and stay with the slowly dwindling police force, or fend for themselves...I always wanted to do this sort of thing, it sounds fucking awesome.
[doublepost=1576024129][/doublepost]
whoever said that is very boring themselves
Fucking Generations man

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
After playing some Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I very much reaffirmed that an idea of medieval fantasy RP could be very cool. It's such a shame implementing it on the GmodRP format that tries to balance gameplay mechanics and text-based RP would be hella tricky. Then again, there are WoW roleplayers, and that's an actual RPG.

Magic would need its mechanics tuned out lots so it's not everybody's go-to choice as convenient solutions to everything. Melee combat's also another tricky one, but that reminds me. Didn't someone have an interesting doc for tier-based melee skills? I think it was for a feudalRP idea, but I'm not entirely sure of my memory since it's been so long.