Serious What is your dream serious roleplay server?

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
After playing some Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I very much reaffirmed that an idea of medieval fantasy RP could be very cool. It's such a shame implementing it on the GmodRP format that tries to balance gameplay mechanics and text-based RP would be hella tricky. Then again, there are WoW roleplayers, and that's an actual RPG.

Magic would need its mechanics tuned out lots so it's not everybody's go-to choice as convenient solutions to everything. Melee combat's also another tricky one, but that reminds me. Didn't someone have an interesting doc for tier-based melee skills? I think it was for a feudalRP idea, but I'm not entirely sure of my memory since it's been so long.

You're not wrong about this one. I very much myself would like an MMO RPG ( whatever you want to call it ) Medieval style of RP with Magic, Dungeons, Dragons, Wizards and you name it.

Sure, there might be some cringe that comes with it, like for example someone making an underage elf girl character that is stronger than a Level 10 Wizard because grinding, but as long as nothing inappropriate happens then that is part of the fun. You are what race you want to be, what gender, species, age, etc. You just have fun, and with the appropriate setting and rules (obviously), It's a perfect and amazing server.

Imagine being knights in a crusade having to attack some kind of castle as an event. Either other players play the enemy or there are knight NPCs.

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
8RIBjxAP-UnpBh9ciNteg1hz8Wf-uRwI44JsOq9jTu5ymHCjfEi9oThvGNEAAVv4RuVh0CvSxtGAGPPWT7V_5q5u1HoGf-J7l3orlYEBMqKj9i_lS3CRgXmxSHrEgSwv7yhGOmLF

Reactions: List

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
think apan spends most of their rp days in wow rp nowadays
probably a whole lot friendlier than here ngl

if you actually just really want wholesome pure rp then maybe like do tabletop rp instead idk

D

Deleted member 243

Kinda necro but I had a shower thought yeah

So picture this. A serious Minecraft server with a full fledged RP framework for stuff like actions and local chat. The core game mechanics will be taken from TerraFirmaCraft, with skill addons added to the side like metalurgy and farming. Shit like that.

You start off alone. This mod will be very punishing if you are alone. People form tribes, start building small villages. It's hunting, pottery and shit like that for now. No wooden planks, no crafting table. Stone knapping and using whole logs if you got the time for it.

Thatch huts, small wooden abodes. People get tasks assigned to them and they build their skill up from there. This is how a typical server would function:
  • People spawn. Upon death, spawns are randomized. No setting spawnpoints with your bed either.
  • Communities form, people help eachother out and become dependant on the lands surrounding them.
  • Farming is figured out, food is less of a problem now.
  • Someone discovers metal and smelting. Proper saws, axes and pickaxes are made. Mining can start.
  • Certain metals gradually gain value and become a currency of their own. More jobs are created.
  • Proper villages are established. People start contemplating conquest.
And it goes on from there. Imagine the infinity Minecraft provides and the creativity a good playerbase provides. Server is whitelist based, typical rules but other than that, it is kill or be killed in the end.

D

Deleted member 3818

So picture this. A serious Minecraft server with a full fledged RP framework for stuff like actions and local chat. The core game mechanics will be taken from TerraFirmaCraft, with skill addons added to the side like metalurgy and farming. Shit like that.

You start off alone. This mod will be very punishing if you are alone. People form tribes, start building small villages. It's hunting, pottery and shit like that for now. No wooden planks, no crafting table. Stone knapping and using whole logs if you got the time for it.

Thatch huts, small wooden abodes. People get tasks assigned to them and they build their skill up from there. This is how a typical server would function:
  • People spawn. Upon death, spawns are randomized. No setting spawnpoints with your bed either.
  • Communities form, people help eachother out and become dependant on the lands surrounding them.
  • Someone discovers metal and smelting. Proper saws, axes and pickaxes are made. Mining can start.
  • Certain metals gradually gain value and become a currency of their own. More jobs are created.
And it goes on from there. Imagine the infinity Minecraft provides and the creativity a good playerbase provides. Server is whitelist based, typical rules but other than that, it is kill or be killed in the end.
This would be cool until I steal someone’s diamonds and they call my mother to make me give them back

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

finally, something worth my 2b2t big dick energy

Godot

Electron
Nebulae

I like it. It's like a serious anarchy server with no hacks and RLCraft combined except it's on lean and acid altogether.

I'd play something like that, I always wanted to do caveman roleplay, and Minecraft would be perfect for that.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

*cough*
http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

and then you create a tribe of lads where you reject any and all technological advancements
anprim gang

D

Deleted member 1381

I remember that @Powley wanted to create a Project Zomboid server where the map was London and where the zombies would be runners, like 28 days/weeks later
days later is a fucking masterpiece but it probably wouldn't work as a roleplay server because of map size restrictions etc

weeks later on the other hand would be pretty sick, just alter lore a bit so the second outbreak isn't so soon as it is in the film and reserve it for big events

D

Deleted member 3818

Somebody really should get another pzrp server going tho