Serious What is your dream serious roleplay server?

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
In order, top is most want;
anything involving The Elder Scrolls
episodic story based fallout RP about NCR expeditions far to the west
a good Cyberpunk/sci fi RP, something like the old hey day of gunsmoke but without the admins please
episodic story based SCP rp such as generic mentioned
something Resident Evil would probably be pretty neat?
done it a million times but another halo rp would be neat, I'd love to do something from the Covenant perspective as impossible as it would be for most players to do properly

Reactions: List

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
HL1RP where we use the goldsource models and play through the events of Half-Life 1

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
- A temporary (or permanent), event-active and strict ApocalypseRP/FrundTechRP/ZombieRP would be amazing where people don't get an AK47 and MAC10 on the second (or first) day.

- Player based conflicts would only be allowed under IC circumstances, the only OOC one being to ask an Admin for permisison.

- No annoying and complicated mutant system or player controlled mutants.

- Scarce resources.

- When your character dies, you get PK'd unless it was unfair or one-hit. Or.. Have some sort of system that guarantees PK unless you roll a certain amount. (Similar to the constitution rolls on Starship Troopers RP)

- Admins determine if you get infected or not upon hit.

What else golden am I missing from this?

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
a massive fucking hl2rp set in a big ol city with hundreds of players daily

dallas' children of men-style thing with a few of lewis' more palatable ideas sprinkled throughout

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

dallas' children of men-style thing with a few of lewis' more palatable ideas sprinkled throughout
I threw around the idea of multiple cities at one point, maybe both union run or maybe one is taken by the rebels; Not really an idea that'd work though.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
I threw around the idea of multiple cities at one point, maybe both union run or maybe one is taken by the rebels; Not really an idea that'd work though.
as in multiple cities spread across multiple servers?

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae

I actually had that idea for a long time now cough HL2 2004 cough

TnB had something like that for a while during 2014 and 2015

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Ideally all in one server so it'd be more of an actual world instead of split up but of course Source isn't capable of anything good.
yeah source ain't good for that sorta thing

i think source 2 can have ridiculously large maps though? i remember someone creating a 1:1 scale recreation of paris in source 2

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
yeah source ain't good for that sorta thing

i think source 2 can have ridiculously large maps though? i remember someone creating a 1:1 scale recreation of paris in source 2
Big doubt and wouldn't hold your breath on anything Source 2, practically nothing uses it and I don't expect that to change with UE4 and Unity dominating that market now anyway.

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
By the time Source 2 comes out I don't think there will really be a community for RPing, unless Source 2 comes out paired with Garrys mod 2, even then it'll take a while since i'm sure a new schema will need to be made.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
By the time Source 2 comes out I don't think there will really be a community for RPing, unless Source 2 comes out paired with Garrys mod 2, even then it'll take a while since i'm sure a new schema will need to be made.
Garry's Mod 2 is called S&box and is built in UE4.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Big doubt and wouldn't hold your breath on anything Source 2, practically nothing uses it and I don't expect that to change with UE4 and Unity dominating that market now anyway.
WhPG8Uek.png

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
Garry's Mod 2 is called S&box and is built in UE4.

I see. Would it be possible then to build a roleplay schema there? I'm curious on if there will ever be a migration of nebulous to S&box (if the server ever lives that long and the infrastructure is there).

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I see. Would it be possible then to build a roleplay schema there? I'm curious on if there will ever be a migration of nebulous to S&box (if the server ever lives that long and the infrastructure is there).
Probably possible. Been keeping an eye on it since 2014 so it's not really something we're interested in so.. likely not.

Godot

Electron
Nebulae

[OOC] gamer: l ag bro amdin fix pls