What OS do you use? Which do you prefer?

Encore

sketchy
Nebulae
I myself use both Windows 10 and Ubuntu, but I'm curious to see what you others are using.

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I used to have windows 7 and didnt upgrade but when I got a new PC I chose windows 10 pro

Windows 10 is alright but it has so much bullshit you gotta (and can't even) disable at the start that it may not even have been worth it

Also ubuntu on a vm

Reactions: List

Encore

sketchy
Nebulae
I'd use exclusively macos if I could just install it on my desktop :~(
How about I use some dank Slackware instead and customize it to hell and back, same result. (results may vary)

Encore

sketchy
Nebulae
red star OS is my OS of choice to honour our great leader kim jong un

rly tho windows all the way
I agree. Red Star OS is :ok:
Nah windows just has too many microsoft "features" that I can't disable, but I don't want to use wine because it blows. Help.

Berke

literally the most irrelevant operator
Nebulae
i still use windows 7, i am looking for my lost brothers

Nebulae
I used to have windows 7 and didnt upgrade but when I got a new PC I chose windows 10 pro

Windows 10 is alright but it has so much bullshit you gotta (and can't even) disable at the start that it may not even have been worth it

macOS, Windows 10

H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A

Seriously I feel bad Im so so sorry.

i still use windows 7, i am looking for my lost brothers

MY MOTHAFUCKIN NIBBA, HOWS IT GOIN PAL!?

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A

Seriously I feel bad Im so so sorry.

Provide me with factual evidence as to why Windows 10 is bad and I might reconsider =)

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Provide me with factual evidence as to why Windows 10 is bad and I might reconsider =)
I don't have any solid "Facts" that I can reference to and use in this argument but ever since I made the jump from 7 to 10 on my PC I've ran into a number of problems.

• The taskbar has a mind of its own, sometimes it'll fade when I watch a video, sometimes it won't - it's random.
  • Cortana keeps asking me to ask her anything even while I'm not interested (Anyone remember bonzai buddy from the early 00's?)
  • Backwards compatability for older games which which worked on Windows 7 no longer function despite having the same premise and system. I can no longer play my beloved Empire Earth even though I have the exact same backwards settings that I had on Windows 10
  • Back to the taskbar again, it enjoys freezing and not allowing me to type into the search box about twice a day needing a restart
  • Still feels like I should be using a touch screen rather than an actual M and K - and all the file locations, device areas and such are in the stupidest of places.
If I could I'd go back to XP and have it simple, but everything dropped compatibility for it sadly :/

Nebulae
>Forget the NSA, now Microsoft is watching you masturbate
>Half aborted mix between a touch-screen OS and a computer OS, includes a shitty app system that was broken day one, still doesn't work
>Probably the most important reason of all time. It doesn't run vidya games well

Some websites that also mention the things I mention as "proof" xddddddd
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/windows-10-spying-almost-everything-opt-130502898.html
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-apps (more the fact that "apps" for windows 10 actually exist)
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/541907675756130437/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3f7r86/windows_10_games_wont_start/
E: Touchscreen support for Win 10 suggesting its a fucking phone OS
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/30/6873963/windows-10-continuum-touch-interface

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
  • The taskbar has a mind of its own, sometimes it'll fade when I watch a video, sometimes it won't - it's random.
Edge cases! But not a non-issue nonetheless.

• Cortana keeps asking me to ask her anything even while I'm not interested (Anyone remember bonzai buddy from the early 00's?)
Never had this issue, as I say below, doesn't mean it's not an issue.

• Backwards compatability for older games which which worked on Windows 7 no longer function despite having the same premise and system. I can no longer play my beloved Empire Earth even though I have the exact same backwards settings that I had on Windows 10
What compat settings are you using?

• Back to the taskbar again, it enjoys freezing and not allowing me to type into the search box about twice a day needing a restart
Never had this issue, nor any of our thousands of Windows 10 users at work. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but it means it's an edge case.

• Still feels like I should be using a touch screen rather than an actual M and K - and all the file locations, device areas and such are in the stupidest of places.
What do you mean they're in stupid places?

>Forget the NSA, now Microsoft is watching you masturbate
You mean like they do with every OS since Windows 7? This isn't a valid complaint when it's done on all their operating systems now.

>Half aborted mix between a touch-screen OS and a computer OS, includes a shitty app system that was broken day one, still doesn't work
I see almost no touch screen elements anymore except some buttons are larger. How is this any different to the rest of the technological ecosystem that's slowly changing to support touch-based operating systems? How do the applications not work? I have not had any issues with any Windows 10 apps I may have installed (however few they may be). No one is forcing you to use the UWP ecosystem.

>Probably the most important reason of all time. It doesn't run vidya games well

It doesn't run video games well? I saw a 10% to 20% increase in performance across the board. It's more performant and more secure. But by all means, remain on an OS that will lose its support permanently in 3 years and will stop receiving updates.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Edge cases! But not a non-issue nonetheless.
I dunno what you mean by edge cases if I'm honest :/
What compat settings are you using?
Anything pre-2000 I'm using the standard 98/Me or anything after that period on Xp SP3
What do you mean they're in stupid places?
This is probably just a personal gripe of me not beeing able to locate stuff, since I'm used to Windows 7, I just feel like everything is muddled and would have been fine if it was left where it was.

Also another problem windows 10 introduced while I was writing this post, ironically enough

Auto-shutdowns for updates even when I go out of my way to specify not to do it. I was watching a cool vinny stream and then suddenly BAM it's gone :(

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Will always stick with Windows 7 until new games stop supporting it. I gave 10 a shot, didn't like it. Too much extra shit, and couldn't run my REALLY old games.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Still on w7

Next pc i buy might probs be w10 tho