What shows have you re-watched or went back to finish lately?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ironically, this is my first ever post in this area of the subforum, pretty sure.

Over the course of the 2020 lockdowns, I went back and finished loads of shows I watched when I was younger and never had the time or chance to actually properly watch or finish, such as House Of Cards, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Orange Is The New Black, How To Get Away With Murder, How I Met Your Mother, The Vicar Of Dibley and currently I'm rewatching something I used to love to watch but never got to see the end of; In The Flesh.

So I guess the question is what've you been binge re-watching to fill the void or what shows have you finally caught up with after years of not watching them?

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The obligatory:
Breaking Bad

Inbetweeners is still fucking funny to rewatch every now and then.

I also rewatched the first season of DEXTER when they announced that they are bringing it back, will probably marathon the rest when it's closer to airing

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The obligatory:
Breaking Bad
Did you watch Better Call Saul or El Camino too? If not, I strongly recommend them both, even if they are a change of pace.

I also rewatched the first season of DEXTER when they announced that they are bringing it back, will probably marathon the rest when it's closer to airing
I also wasn't aware Dexter was coming back. Good to know.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Did you watch Better Call Saul or El Camino too? If not, I strongly recommend them both, even if they are a change of pace.
El Camino is still really fresh in my mind so, didn't bother

As for BCS I fall into a vicious cycle of "i'll get caught up this time" get three seasons in and then stop watching. Not because it's bad or anything, I just fall out of watching it

I also wasn't aware Dexter was coming back. Good to know.
Yeah one final season supposedly, can't be much worse than the shitshow that was it's final season & ending

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
El Camino is still really fresh in my mind so, didn't bother
Ah fair, I wasn't sure if it was something you'd seen at all. Ironically, a lot of my friends who love BB and BCS didn't even know it existed. Now I just make sure to bring it up whenever it's mentioned, really.

As for BCS I fall into a vicious cycle of "i'll get caught up this time" get three seasons in and then stop watching. Not because it's bad or anything, I just fall out of watching it
Yeah, I can kinda get that. It took me a while to catch up with How To Get Away With Murder, mostly because I kinda kept getting tired of the same kind of plot each season. I typically got to season 3-4 and just faded away from it, even though I enjoyed it.

Yeah one final season supposedly, can't be much worse than the shitshow that was it's final season & ending
I don't think I ever got to the final season, so maybe I should add it to my list at some point.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I don't think I ever got to the final season, so maybe I should add it to my list at some point.
no spoilers

but

let's just say it's nowhere near as satisfying as Breaking Bad's ending.

There's only one silver-lining (ish) to the whole thing for me but it's a spoiler so I don't wanna mention it

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i finally finished adventure time, despite watching it since like, 2013 or so, hit me right in the fucking gut - especially seen as i started and finished the show at the respective ages of finn at the start v finn at the end

especially in the later seasons, it touches on so much shit that hits me harder now, it was definitely a show that grew up with it's audience (even if it isnt that subtle sometimes)

D

Deleted member 7099

i've watched the killer bean movie (killer bean forever) 3 times now it's an absolute masterpiece

D

Deleted member 3818

went back to finish vikings, definitely in my top 5 at least, very philosophical and profound show.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Barry. Blew like, 40 bucks on season one and two. I don't regret it at all. Rewatched it plenty. Great dark comedy.

D

Deleted member 3818

Vikings is historical revisionism
yeah well it's historical fiction, even if they were going for accuracy it would be near impossible to achieve considering their main protagonist is debated to have even existed in the first place.