What'd We Cook/Bake This Thanksgiving?

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
Even people that don't usually cook sometimes cook on Thanksgiving. I usually do more cooking than baking, but this year I reached for some of my older dessert recipes. My sister handled a few of the other pies, so all I made is apple cream pie and pumpkin roll.

Goodie-Stickle.jpg

Spiced apples over a cream sauce with brushed on apricot preserves, in my sister's homemade piecrust dough. Tasted good and the criss-cross pattern turned out nice, but the edges got a little burned. Oh well.

Pumpkin-Roll.jpg

Pumpkin cake roll with sweetened cream cheese frosting, dusted up with powdered sugar. This was my first pumpkin roll in years, so I'm pleased that it came out well. Tasted good, but I should've rolled it tighter and used a finer sifter for the powdered sugar on top.

Sorry to exclude the European folk, I know y'all don't celebrate Thanksgiving. What'd everyone else make? Pictures would be cool, but descriptions and results are all that's really necessary.

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
don't got no pics but we went pretty typical thanksgiving

shame I didn't take a pic, I was occupied face timing my grandma in the meantime

mashed potatoes with bacon chunks in it (I don't know why) w/ gravy, chicken salad, dessert called tres leches which is really fucking good look it up, turkey and pork, yellow rice, and some other thing I think called yuca which I don't like much.

DSC06864-3.jpg

tres leches is so fucking good ahhh

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae

shame I didn't take a pic, I was occupied face timing my grandma in the meantime

mashed potatoes with bacon chunks in it (I don't know why) w/ gravy, chicken salad, dessert called tres leches which is really fucking good look it up, turkey and pork, yellow rice, and some other thing I think called yuca which I don't like much.

DSC06864-3.jpg

Tres leches is fucking divine.

Nebulae

DSC06864-3.jpg

yuca is fucking disgusting, tres leches is super good

Jarmal

Electron
Nebulae
it is but everyone fucking tells me to try it and i say nooooo thanks pal
odd thing is, instead of having traditional American Thanksgiving, I went to a super nice South-American food restaurant. Guess what they had, yep... they had yuca. I did not dare take a bite because I once tried it and :(.