In Progress What's Next? - Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbers

ok
WW3 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Anotha one.

Admit it linntrix, you've failed. This relaunch has amounted to nothing and HL2RP's City setting is dead and gone.

This has been a certified Fabevil schizo moment, giving my two cents on the matter.

you don't get to type belittling regurgitated trash out and label it a schizo moment..

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
Why bother commenting here in the first place?
Do you just get off from telling him he's wrong and that he's failed, that his ideas are shit?

This thread is an open discussion as to what we can do next. The whole point is for people to put forward their ideas, not to shit on @linntrix for his previous (and possible future) attempts.
Something you may have not understood is that I'm not the one giving suggestions here. I'm echoing suggestions that have been made in the past.
You want to find something worth?
Look for it.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
Nebulae
I mean, I could do that.
But why?

why?

because you're doing nothing but feeding into the negativity bias by going "your ideas will never work here's why" and then providing no solution of your own

you're substantiating a doomsayer cause that revolves around dismantling every suggestion anyone has and then giving no value of your own

you're a critic with no honest critique
a reviewer with no fair review

do we just expect linntrix to rattle off every idea imaginable until you randomly go "yes ok do that"
why not just give your own fucking suggestion?

Ricsow

professional retard
Media Developer
Nebulae
Well it’s not like they’re wrong, it is hostile and we need to seriously work on that.
True, it‘s way too hostile

Anyway can we get a "Fuck Headstaff" in the chat? Perhaps a "Bebulous Sucks"?

Sil

jus one more fing
WW3 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Something you may have not understood is that I'm not the one giving suggestions here. I'm echoing suggestions that have been made in the past.
You want to find something worth?
Look for it.

But you're not suggesting anything.
You're vaguely gesturing to a concept that we obviously already want. That's why we're having an open discussion, to find out what we can do to achieve that.

Do you seriously think we haven't been discussing how to bring activity back and how to relaunch the server before this post?

Look for it.

Also, this shit, "look for it". We've clearly tried looking for it, and Linn's put up a few ideas of his own, but you're just shitting on him, his ideas, and his work. There's only so much we can do amongst ourselves as the staff team, we're making this open discussion to hear what you, the audience, want. Then we can look for it through those suggestions.

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
why?

because you're doing nothing but feeding into the negativity bias by going "your ideas will never work here's why" and then providing no solution of your own

you're substantiating a doomsayer cause that revolves around dismantling every suggestion anyone has and then giving no value of your own

you're a critic with no honest critique
a reviewer with no fair review

do we just expect linntrix to rattle off every idea imaginable until you randomly go "yes ok do that"
why not just give your own fucking suggestion?
You know what?
Fuck it, let's indulge in this proposition of yours, for fair game. Sportsmanship is what matters, right?
I'm gonna give a neat little title that and a few sentences explaining the backdrop and how things should work:

Post-War Decadence

It has been 20 years since the end of the Great Insurgency, a series of uprisings across different cities with the objective of overcoming the Combine Forces. After the wipeout of a great majority of the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, humans on Earth have attempted to rebuild civilization, with middling to terrible results. The server takes place in an occupied Ex-Combine City, taken over by a group of stragglers with the intent of turning it into a prosperous settlement. The main focus will be on the various refugees/residents of the settlement, led by a main group which will have its own 'peacekeeping force' and leader to keep the action going and have a constant narrative. Everyone is technically free to do what they want, from criminal activities to coups to take over the lead.

Uprising 2: The reckoning
An endless war for Earth against the Combine: months have passed since the initial attacks made by organized criminal elements to conscript citizens into their private armies and destroy the occupied city. In a backdrop of death and suffering, the main characters will be scavengers, rebels and the Metropolitan forces which attempt to stabilize the City. Conflict will be frequent and death just as much.

We're in Africa (Again)
The old formula, twisted on its head and set in an (arguably) foreign enviroment. A city set in a unique environment and with a way of dealing with situations that's different from usual. There are no CPs in this environment, but soldiers who act as a "temporary" militia to keep the populace in check. Crime is rampant, corruption more so, and those who seek to rebel against the Combine are facilitated by the decaying infrastructure and unstable government structure. There'll be an option to play as both a local to the City or a new transfer, with differing branching paths.

I tried, made my attempts.
Should probably just cut my losses.
But hey, let's see if this works.

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
You know what?
Fuck it, let's indulge in this proposition of yours, for fair game. Sportsmanship is what matters, right?
I'm gonna give a neat little title that and a few sentences explaining the backdrop and how things should work:

Post-War Decadence

It has been 20 years since the end of the Great Insurgency, a series of uprisings across different cities with the objective of overcoming the Combine Forces. After the wipeout of a great majority of the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, humans on Earth have attempted to rebuild civilization, with middling to terrible results. The server takes place in an occupied Ex-Combine City, taken over by a group of stragglers with the intent of turning it into a prosperous settlement. The main focus will be on the various refugees/residents of the settlement, led by a main group which will have its own 'peacekeeping force' and leader to keep the action going and have a constant narrative. Everyone is technically free to do what they want, from criminal activities to coups to take over the lead.

An endless war for Earth against the Combine: months have passed since the initial attacks made by organized criminal elements to conscript citizens into their private armies and destroy the occupied city. In a backdrop of death and suffering, the main characters will be scavengers, rebels and the Metropolitan forces which attempt to stabilize the City. Conflict will be frequent and death just as much.

We're in Africa (Again)
The old formula, twisted on its head and set in an (arguably) foreign enviroment. A city set in a unique environment and with a way of dealing with situations that's different from usual. There are no CPs in this environment, but soldiers who act as a "temporary" militia to keep the populace in check. Crime is rampant, corruption more so, and those who seek to rebel against the Combine are facilitated by the decaying infrastructure and unstable government structure. There'll be an option to play as both a local to the City or a new transfer, with differing branching paths.

It'd be possible to take you serious if you weren't a massively rude cunt just a few posts ago

avralwobniar

Nucleus
Nebulae
You know what?

Post-War Decadence

We're in Africa (Again)

congratulations for trying to be normal out of spite

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
As of this time, I, Fabevil, officially regret these past few actions and I want to apologize to @MaXenzie @【Rainbowlarva】@Sil and every other person who has had the "honor" of seeing this.
This wasn't constructive, this barely lead to anything good and I made a fool out of myself.
I know this won't lead to much and my reputation as of right now is most likely tarnished beyond belief, but at least I wanted to say sorry.
The truth is, the harshness of my comments were made out of anger for the management of the past relaunch attempts, and I was quick to judge this one as yet another failed attempt.
I am wrong on every possible account and for that I'm not really sure how I can make up for.
Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong, maybe this'll succeed. We just have to see.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

Anotha one.
Just unbelievable, the gall that it takes to come here and do this again.
Okay, forgive me for being cynical and shit, but I just do not see a world where this'll work. None at all. It's literally impossible.
We've tried our stab at relaunching several times and, considering the main development team is currently at work for a shitty GTA roleplay server that will probably die after 1 year, I frankly believe everyone has abandoned ship and gone off to do other stuff. Some of ideas explored, while interesting, most likely will never be properly implemented and will just consist in a half-arsed attempt at regaining a playerbase that is tired of the shitty dynamics and bad stories that lead to nothing. Other ideas, oh boy, are really fucking awful and will kill the server in an even shorter timespan than what it took for the first relaunch to die off.
I want you to think with me for just a minute right now, I want you to tell me if you actually believe that this next relaunch attempt will lead to anything more than just more of the same.
In fact, I'm so sure this'll die off that I'll just tell you right now what will happen: The server goes up, we get 40-50 players the first day, and then slowly but surely it'll start diminishing until we reach rock bottom, 5-10 players on peak hours.
Admit it linntrix, you've failed. This relaunch has amounted to nothing and HL2RP's City setting is dead and gone.
To those poor disillusioned bastards who will fight tooth and nail to prove that I'm wrong, we'll wait and see- and then I'll be the last one laughing.
You're done.
It's time to explore different ideas and options.
It's time, in fact, to move on into newer fronts- still within HL2RP, mind you, but newer fronts nonetheless. Countless attempts at making new settings such as Uprisings, Outlands, Middle Eastern roleplay (the fuck) and so on have fallen on deaf ears and were seen as nothing more than, "Oh cool, that'd be nice." and were then promptly forgotten forever.
Instead of just viewing these ideas as nothing more than just what-ifs, how about we start seriously considering them for something new? Something fresh? Something both old, hardened and experienced players and people new to the genre of roleplay will appreciate?
How about we leave behind a schema that is now ineffective and move onto uncharted depths? That way, we will finally be completely different from our competitors and triumph over them.
This has been a certified Fabevil schizo moment, giving my two cents on the matter.

99% you got le dumb rated cause your formatting was shit I don’t wanna read your post

Status
Not open for further replies.