Serious When Art and serious topic converge: the most meaningful album i've listened to so far

PADEX

Electron
Nebulae
DISCLAIMER
This album is very heavy, and covers a very dark theme which is the subject of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Do not listen to this if your mental state is currently not optimal.

I was browsing through Youtube, as I usually do, when I stumble upon a video recommended in my home. The title was something like "music in an empty store, but the world is ending". It was one of those videos that follow the format "crepy images but with x soundtrack" and the song it was playing caught my attention. Fortunately in the description of the video contained the name of said song, and upon looking it up I've found the whole album which is shown in this post.

"But Padex, why would you show us a behemoth of an album such as this, that lasts a whopping 6.30 hours long?"

Well, this is to me, upon listening to the entirety of the album, a perfect success of what the author meant to deliver: an audio representation of the stages someone goes through when they develop dementia overtime.
It's divided into six different stages, each one conveniently described and provided with timestamps in the description. I'll quote those stages:​

1. STAGE 1 : Here we experience the first signs of memory loss. This stage is most like a beautiful daydream. The glory of old age and recollection. The last of the great days.
  2. STAGE 2 : The second stage is the self realisation and awareness that something is wrong with a refusal to accept that. More effort is made to remember so memories can be more long form with a little more deterioration in quality. The overall personal mood is generally lower than the first stage and at a point before confusion starts setting in.
  3. STAGE 3 : Here we are presented with some of the last coherent memories before confusion fully rolls in and the grey mists form and fade away. Finest moments have been remembered, the musical flow in places is more confused and tangled. As we progress some singular memories become more disturbed, isolated, broken and distant. These are the last embers of awareness before we enter the post awareness stages.
  4. STAGE 4 : Post-Awareness Stage 4 is where serenity and the ability to recall singular memories gives way to confusions and horror. It's the beginning of an eventual process where all memories begin to become more fluid through entanglements, repetition and rupture.
  5. STAGE 5 : Post-Awareness Stage 5 confusions and horror. More extreme entanglements, repetition and rupture can give way to calmer moments. The unfamiliar may sound and feel familiar. Time is often spent only in the moment leading to isolation.
  6. STAGE 6 : Post-Awareness Stage 6 is without description.

At the start, you hear nostalgic 1920s/30s recollections, as if they were distant memories, they make you feel old, set the mood in. As the tracks progress, you slowly slide down a spiral, and the tracks get more and more confused, with recollections of the tracks you previously listen, until there's nothing recognizable.

It's difficult for me to explain this experience through words alone. Even though the magnitude of this project might be intimidating, I highly recommend you to listen to its entirety, and let me know what you think.

One of the reasons I'm showing you this is that This is in my opinion, the correct way to portray a serious topic. Contrary to popular artists that try to convey messages, but that use songs that stick more to the pop culture aspect, rather than the issue itself (An artist that comes to mind is Billie Eilish sorry Billie Eilish fans, feel free to disagree!), this album does not contain lyrics, does not contain music videos, It's pure music, with the esception of the album covers, which represent each stage accurately, and acts as a further support to the audio tracks.

It really changed me, put me in a different perspective of a subject that's not very talked much about these days, unless you are directly involved, and I suggest you check the album out, to gain a proper grasp, a depiction of someone's experience with this terrible disease.
The comments are heartbreaking too. I suggest you to check those after listening to the album, that way you'll understand much more. Some of them are heartbreaking, and through those tracks, you empathise with those people, because during those six and a half hours, you have lived those experiences yourself, even if only through an audio portrayal.

It also makes you appreciate your best moments in life much more, cherish them. Every moment you spend with your loved ones, either good or bad, will become priceless if you think that there's a possibility that you might forget everything, and not recognize anyone anymore.

If you have some time to spend, and some willingness to learn something new, or to have a better understanding on one of the most known conditions in today's history, please consider checking this out.

Remember to love your loved ones, and support those who need help. I apologize for not being the jumpy and joyful Padex you may usually know, but I believe this is one of those times I should get on a more serious tone, and help people discover something that will change them, just as it changed me.

Stay well everyone, let me know what do you think about this in the replies, especially if you check the album out.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
why’s everyone discovering this now i’m way ahead of you cowards

the way i was introduced to this album was as follows:

image0.png

a month or two later when i shuffled the first song into a teaser for c24 i kinda finally managed to shove it out of my head but it was playing on a loop for ages

don’t listen to this shit if you’re not doing too great mentally, it’ll probably mess with you

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
why’s everyone discovering this now i’m way ahead of you cowards

the way i was introduced to this album was as follows:

image0.png

a month or two later when i shuffled the first song into a teaser for c24 i kinda finally managed to shove it out of my head but it was playing on a loop for ages

don’t listen to this shit if you’re not doing too great mentally, it’ll probably mess with you
Played it in an event i did a month or two before you found it