Why are there so many unoriginal group concepts in HL2RP?

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
Maybe not here, I don't play here very much, but it just looks like on other servers, all resistant/neutral groups boil down to the same list of things.
  • "I will revive the Roman empire and fizzle out within a week!"
  • "I will revive the spirit of the Crusaders and fizzle out within a week! For an excuse to kill "heretics" and yell Deus Vult!"
  • "I will make the Communist party! I don't know anything much about it, cyka blyat!"
  • "I will make the Nazi party! I don't know anything much about it, so gas the Jews! Fuck blacks!"
  • "I will make any other group based on reality that I do not know anything about!"
  • "I will make a band of murderers!"
  • "I will make the Italian Mafia and fizzle out within a week!"
  • "I will make the Yakuza and not know a THING about it and also fizzle out!'
Can people post good ideas here for 'special' kinds of groups that haven't been done 500 times over in this gamemode's history?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Maybe not here, I don't play here very much, but it just looks like on other servers, all resistant/neutral groups boil down to the same list of things.
  • "I will revive the Roman empire and fizzle out within a week!"
  • "I will revive the spirit of the Crusaders and fizzle out within a week! For an excuse to kill "heretics" and yell Deus Vult!"
  • "I will make the Communist party! I don't know anything much about it, cyka blyat!"
  • "I will make the Nazi party! I don't know anything much about it, so gas the Jews! Fuck blacks!"
  • "I will make any other group based on reality that I do not know anything about!"
  • "I will make a band of murderers!"
  • "I will make the Italian Mafia and fizzle out within a week!"
  • "I will make the Yakuza and not know a THING about it and also fizzle out!'
Can people post good ideas here for 'special' kinds of groups that haven't been done 500 times over in this gamemode's history?
Mostly because there's not much that hasn't been done in the 9+ years HL2RP has existed.

People make groups that they think will find fun only for it to turn out crap. Neb tends not to have that problem too much though.

Reactions: List