Windows Error Message

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So, I'm just making this thread to be cautious.

Recently, my PC got an error message that said something along the lines "An error has been detected, your computer is restarting." and it gave me a bar code to scan which I didn't.

It forced my PC to restart and since then I've had no problems. Is there something wrong with my PC I should take into consideration?

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
This is a blue screen right? And the code is a QR code not a bar code right?
Also, how many times has this happened and how often does this happen?
2000px-QR_code_for_mobile_English_Wikipedia.svg.png

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is a blue screen right? And the code is a QR code not a bar code right?
Also, how many times has this happened and how often does this happen?
2000px-QR_code_for_mobile_English_Wikipedia.svg.png
It was a QR code, yeah.

I don't know if you would call it a blue screen, it wasn't the infamous bluescreen we've all seen.

And this is the first time it's ever happened.
[doublepost=1489377373][/doublepost]
bsodwindows10.0.0.jpg

It looked something like this.

Last edited:

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
I don't know if you would call it a blue screen, it wasn't the infamous bluescreen we've all seen.
This makes me very interested. Did it look like this?
And this is the first time it's ever happened.
And if its only once then I wouldn't worry about it that much but comment on the post if it starts to happen regularly, would still do a virus scan tho. Could simply be that your computer is starting to get dirty or you overloaded it with ram usage or something.

D

Deleted member 1060

There's a way to get the error that caused your PC to crash, you just need to remember at which day it was.
1- Right click on the windows logo on bottom left on your screen
2- You should see something like "Event viewer"
3- In the menu on the left of the window that appears, click on "System" which in "Windows logs"
4- It takes a while to load, don't worry
5- A list of logs appears, search until you found a "Critical" error that matches the time and day you had your issue, is it probably this error that caused your windows to crash.
6- Then, you can click on the specific error, you'll have further informations about in on the bottom
7- Send us a screen, so maybe so can know what happened

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
Like Sheldor said, there's not much anyone can say about this unless you can give an error code. If you don't fancy searching through Windows logs, you can download BlueScreenView here.

It would also help to have some context - what were you doing at the time of the crash?

Ethan

Neutrino
Nebulae
1. Open Settings apps and navigate to Update and security -> Recovery. Then click Restart now button under Advanced startup options.
How-To-Perform-Automatic-Or-Startup-Repair-In-Windows-10-1.png

2. Now your system will restart and you’ll see following screen, where you’ve to opt for Troubleshoot option. Click on Advanced options on next screen after this.
How-To-Perform-Automatic-Or-Startup-Repair-In-Windows-10-2.png

3. Then in the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings entry.
How-To-Disable-Automatic-Restart-After-Failure-In-Windows-10-1.png

4. Moving on, click Restart button on the next screen:
How-To-Disable-Automatic-Restart-After-Failure-In-Windows-10-2.png

5. Finally, in the Startup Settings screen shown below, press F9 or key 9 to disable automatic restart after failure. Now your PC will restart, making the setting effective.
How-To-Disable-Automatic-Restart-After-Failure-In-Windows-10-3.png

Source: https://www.kapilarya.com/disable-automatic-restart-after-failure-in-windows-10

Now replicate the BSoD and tell us exactly what it's telling you.

Reactions: List