retail, fast food, uber, whatever tf

gimme a story that pissed you off

i'll start

at work we have kinda 3/4 levels of managers

manager
assistant manager
supervisor
key holder

key holders are quasi managers who arent rlly mega important but are trusted by management (i am not a keyholder)

so at work we also separate the store into 6 zones
zone 1= door (for high capacity, easy af)
zone 2= i forgot
zone 3= i think its a fold table
zone 4= shoes, 4 T stands and socks
zone 5= idk
zone 6= kids and womens or smth
tills = tills easy as fuck you dont do anything so lucky

i was on zone 4, hardest zone on a busy day like zone 4 so i had to keep on my toes

ppl dont respect the zone at all, literally u can go for a piss and come back and some 40 year old woman has ripped the shoes out, decided she doesnt want em, left about 10 boxes in the middle of the zone all unfolded and mixed around, gotta fix it and in the mean time about 10 other people fuck up about 50 other shoes

yea anyway im working my ass off tryna meet the stores' ridiculously high standards (literally, they check ur zone before u go home and if it's even a tad wrong they wont let you go until it's completely perfect) and i have this key holder come up to me and constantly telling me to get shit out, like yea mate im a lil busy

guy then proceeds to explain size cubes to me and how to put a size cube on a rack, for clarification you pick it up, and push it on, a 5 year old can do it

i've worked for there about 6 months

constantly being patronised by this guy who im pretty sure is executing his dick waving powers (yea), no other manager is like this and if they are its usually "hey max do we have any of this?" "yeah/no" "alright, can you get some out whenever" or "that's cool", w/ this guy it's like "max come over here quickly"
"yea"
"we got anymore of these"
"i dont know mate i havent been able to check"
"alright make sure you do it!"

fun fact on tuesday i was working a 4hr till shift, got this guy coming up to me regularly telling me to get off the till and go help other colleagues with their areas (which iim cool with when im not on the till) and telling me to get off it etc because there's no queue, when that is clearly not the point and customers are in store

fast forward to today this guy who aint on even on the tills decides to spend about 4 hours chilling on them when there's a very busy shop floor and no queue with someone already on them

he's one of those guys who you'd think is nice but a massive PAIN IN THE ASS to deal with

got told off by him for having a 1 minute chat with 2 other coworkers in an 8 hour shift

lol

quitting this job soon anyway, looking for a new one because they've got me working 19 hours a week as a sixth former, i literally have NO DAYS OFF in the week from school or work anymore and its pissing me off

im working 37 hours in the half term

infact fuck it im gonna just hand in my notice lol

Reactions: List

jimbo 2

Electron
Nebulae
managers in retail and fast food are just irl moderators fuck em

one of my managers genuinely has aspergers whenever i do something he doesn't like he says shit like "alright jimbo if this happens again we're going to have to get nasty and i dont want to have to get nasty"

he also growls when hes frustrated and has no idea how to talk to customers he talks like an oblivion npc

it can be funny sometimes but most of the time its just frustrating

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
sometimes when my managers ask me to do something I wonder what would happen if I said no

like...?

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
went to go and get a drink from the vending machine (its free atm) and I wasn't on my break, but id been doing tons of heavy lifting and masks can make you tiresome really easily when combined

the manager comes in, asks why I'm taking a non permitted break, I explain I'm getting a little bit of water, he tells me to throw the damn thing away

I hate retail

I'll have way more shit later

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Management wants the paver yard redone, yet gives no instruction on how to do it.
Finally get it done.
Roll in at 6am next week to find the paver yard completely undone, new pallets with labels at the front of them.
They do not correspond with the pallets of pavers behind them.
There are duplicate pallets because most of the pallets were already doubled up and labelled.
I have to completely rearrange the masses of pavers according to where management has finally decided they want them, line them up near perfectly straight. This took probably a week, considering I also have to respond to customers, load insulation, drywall, pavers, rebar, etc.
Did it, looks good.

3cbb246fe82277f6fe58abac2929ee75.jpg

im just glad i can have one ear bud in and vape while working.

recommended podcasts while working: Jocko podcast, JBP podcast, JRE podcast, cum town (nick mullen, stavros, adam friedland) podcast, forehead fables (general sam).

p.s. if you think retail sucks, imagine trying to deal with hung over and coked out drywallers/roofers at 6am.